The Wasteland The wasteland is unmoderated. Please do not enter if you have a weak stomach or can easily be offended. Only Administrators will have the right to moderate posts here.

BMW Douchebags

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2011, 12:45 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by smaglik
Not sure i can agree with that life philosophy, lowering my life experience because of what someone else does. I'd rather drive the car I want, and not care what people think of me. But, to each his own.
Originally Posted by Jamy
Love Top Gear lol. Sadly it is usually the German cars that are driven by cocks but that doesn't mean you shouldn't. God knows we need more non-assholes driving them to better the image.

Funny little fact, I do valet parking so I drive about 15 BMW's a night and on average only 2 out of the 15 know what BMW stands for.
D-bags aside... As nice as the cars are and as much as I like them, don't really have the urge to buy one anyway. The only one I was ever really interested in... was one before I even got a license to drive. BMW came out with a coupe in the shape of a wedge. Seemed futuristic back then... but dated now.

Originally Posted by kelsodeez
hey screw you buddy, i drive a bmw
With this quote... I do want to mention... For whatever reason, I want a motorcycle with "Ducati" on it. But first... I need to learn to ride.

Old 04-15-2011, 12:55 AM
UNBANABLE
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Occam
Just wanna let ya know Kelsodeez: I hate you. Now I'll think about TobyKeith until this chubb goes away.

(lust after a BMW R1200GS - and no, Texas Coyote, I DON'T need to hear about how wonderful yours is)
haha i am actually going to try and sell my bike so i can buy a rigid frame harley. i used to have a ducati. shit cooks your balls with the exhaust under the seat

Old 04-15-2011, 11:30 AM
Super Moderator
around here the D-bags drive SRT4s, here are D-bags in ever make and model though. I just cant wait untill my car is done, im going to have so much fun with all the D-bags around here.

Old 04-15-2011, 08:58 PM
Just out of curiosity, for those of you pissing on BMW, have you ever driven one? Some of us own them for the performance. Show me a Honda that I can go round a track at 180mph, and then take 4 folks to dinner in luxury...

Old 04-15-2011, 09:25 PM
5 Year Member
Just out of curiosity, for those of you pissing on BMW, have you ever driven one? Some of us own them for the performance. Show me a Honda that I can go round a track at 180mph, and then take 4 folks to dinner in luxury...
if youre talking about your e46 m3 you have in your sig, you cant drive 4 to dinner in luxury, unless you have very short rear passengers they will not be in "luxury".

BMWs have gotten way too fat to actually be a real performer. i used to own a e46 m3 and although it was "sporty" its not a sports car its at best a coupe with small trickles of add ons for performance. i remember when i first got it and i was such a douche thinking my m3 was the best car anyone can ever buy/drive. later realized when i got into modding it and semi-racing it that the damn thing is a pig and limited in power potential short of going boost.

imo bmws set their steering weight way too heavy to make it feel sporty. the best thing about the m3 was the engine note, the I6 sings so well all the way to 8k best heard inside the car with a anti-rasp resonator and stock exhaust.

Old 04-15-2011, 09:35 PM
I was talking about the M series in general. I would require short folks for that, agreed. I recently got rid of a 1985 M635CSi...the back seat was non-existant in that one.

I don't care to mod. I would rather place my $ elsewhere. BMW M products fit that well. I agree that they are heavy, though I disagree with the steering comment. I actually like the rasp, go figure. I think it's best against a sound wall with all the windows down.

Old 04-15-2011, 09:45 PM
5 Year Member
BMW M products perform very well, and are still the benchmark for sport touring in their class.

Old 04-15-2011, 10:02 PM
5 Year Member
Until you brought it up, WHO pissed on the car?!? We're all pissing on the thing between the steering wheel and the seat.

Or are you telling me there's some part of the car that forces their drivers to cut in front of another car and brake even though there's room up ahead? Make them run stop signs, drive in the middle of a small two way road, park across two spaces when everyone is struggling to even find a spot.. And so forth?

Which sorta brings up another thing... If this car has so much power and handles so well, why do people buy them and drive like it's "a ton of bricks?" why did it need to squeeze between me and the guy in front of me... Why didn't they just past the guy in front if me, since there's so much more room up there! Why is it, I'm the one that has to speed up after coming down the ramp to avoid side swiping the BMW sitting in the far right lane? Was he exiting? Nope. Then, as soon as I lane change to give all of us room, he proceeds to tailgate me... despite having an open and clear highway!

Like I said, the cars are fine... its the drivers I have issues with.

Last edited by Goobers; 04-15-2011 at 10:05 PM.
Old 04-15-2011, 10:08 PM
Originally Posted by Occam
27 Month lease on a BMW 328i
• $339 First months payment
• $2,500 Down payment
• $0 Security Deposit
• $725 Acquisition fee
• $3,564 Cash due at signing

A comparable loan on a car:

$3325 down payment
8.75% sales tax
5% interest on a 60 mo. loan (speculative)
vehicle sale price: $19,500

So, yeah, for the price of a relatively inexpensive car, you can have the snob-appeal of a BMW.
this..........

Old 04-15-2011, 10:39 PM
5 Year Member
this..........
Seconded. I heard in the past that they do a majority of their business in the states on leases.

Old 04-15-2011, 10:41 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Goobers
why did it need to squeeze between me and the guy in front of me... Why didn't they just past the guy in front if me, since there's so much more room up there!
They are racing you. Vying for position.

Old 04-23-2011, 05:16 AM
5 Year Member
rant rant rant

rave rave rave

Last edited by Goobers; 04-24-2011 at 10:29 PM.
Old 05-12-2011, 04:42 AM
5 Year Member
I love getting in front of them and driving really slow so they can read the huge "BUILT NOT BOUGHT" sticker on my hatch. Then slam the gas and say goodbye. I've found that I can destroy the x3, and x5, and Ill keep up with a 328i untill about 60 mph, at which point I start pulling away. x3 and x5 owners are some of the douchiest douchers of them all. I was on the highway screwing with one that cut me off. I caught up afterwards. He would try to pass me but then I would drop the hammer and he would end up falling behind me. Then I'd let off the gas, let him catch up and do it all over again, many lols were had.

What kind of fool would by an M3 now that the 2011 Mustang GT exists? Only a doucher of course. With the $25000 difference in price you could turn the GT into an even bigger monster. I mean twin-turbo, full race suspension, monster.

2011 BMW M3 Coupe vs. 2011 Ford Mustang GT Comparison - Motor Trend

Also, leasing a bmw is exactly what makes them douchers.

Last edited by Lyon[Nightroad]; 05-12-2011 at 04:52 AM.
Old 05-12-2011, 04:52 AM
5 Year Member
The 2010 Mustangs are no problem for me but the new ones are a different breed of pony..... Hell, I had a Porsche Cayman try to show me up on I35 out of Waco 2 weeks ago and the guy had to be freaked out if not humiliated. I think they are about 3 or more times the cost of a Fit.

Old 05-12-2011, 05:19 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
The 2010 Mustangs are no problem for me but the new ones are a different breed of pony..... Hell, I had a Porsche Cayman try to show me up on I35 out of Waco 2 weeks ago and the guy had to be freaked out if not humiliated. I think they are about 3 or more times the cost of a Fit.
These boosted low dispalcement engines of ours are crazy! Sure they don't launch great but at higher speeds we really hold our own. With the AT the 60-95 3rd gear pull is nuts, you just feel it dig deeper and deeper, and then when you think it can find no more power, it unlocks the converter at about 85mph, keeps spinning in 3rd, and launches you into 4th gear at 95 and keeps pulling to 120. Then at 120 the speedlimiter kicks in and you kick yourself because you keep forgetting to install that relay on the speed sensor.

Last edited by Lyon[Nightroad]; 05-12-2011 at 05:22 AM.
Old 05-12-2011, 05:47 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Vanct
Now, I know not all BMW owners are douchebags, but is it me or is there just a huge proportion of BMW owners who are? I just need to rant.

I was just on my way to work this morning, smoothly sailing in freeway traffic as usual, not VTAKing it everywhere. I was in the slow, clustered right lane, preparing to exit to an on-ramp to a different freeway. There was barely one car length in front of me but a guy in a BMW sped up from the next lane and quickly merged out of nowhere without a turn signal. His rear bike rack with his bike was pretty much sitting on my hood, so I had to jam on my brakes.

OK, so I was a little irritated, but no big deal, the lanes for the on ramp are coming up so I'll just switch lanes and pass him up soon and be on my way. So I switch over two lanes to the right where it's very clear in front of me and start to speed up, but then he's right on my ass tailgating. At this point, I'm like WTF, OK let's see if you can power through this overhead on-ramp's curve at 75 with me. He had switched lanes to try and pass me up, he must have been going around 85) but then got stuck behind a car. I dropped it in 3rd and powered through the turn into a straightaway that merged into one lane. After he got through the turn, he switched lanes and floored it after me again (I was about 2 bus lengths ahead) but got stuck behind me merging into the one lane.

After that, we merged with the other freeway and he sped off angrily, weaving through traffic. Seriously, dude? What makes you have to try to own the road wherever you go? Now, I usually don't do any of this, heck, it's why I bought a Fit. I'll be the first one to slow down by 5 MPH if you try to tailgate me in the slow lane so I'll make you switch lanes to pass, but this guy just made me mad.
Boost your fit to holy hell and lay down the smack down!

Old 05-12-2011, 09:20 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Lyon[Nightroad]
I love getting in front of them and driving really slow so they can read the huge "BUILT NOT BOUGHT" sticker on my hatch. Then slam the gas and say goodbye. I've found that I can destroy the x3, and x5, and Ill keep up with a 328i untill about 60 mph, at which point I start pulling away. x3 and x5 owners are some of the douchiest douchers of them all. I was on the highway screwing with one that cut me off. I caught up afterwards. He would try to pass me but then I would drop the hammer and he would end up falling behind me. Then I'd let off the gas, let him catch up and do it all over again, many lols were had.

What kind of fool would by an M3 now that the 2011 Mustang GT exists? Only a doucher of course. With the $25000 difference in price you could turn the GT into an even bigger monster. I mean twin-turbo, full race suspension, monster.

Fact that you drive in front of them real slow for no reason makes YOU a douchebag. You don't need to lower yourself to their level and please grow up. :P

Old 05-12-2011, 11:39 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Goobers
Until you brought it up, WHO pissed on the car?!? We're all pissing on the thing between the steering wheel and the seat.

Or are you telling me there's some part of the car that forces their drivers to cut in front of another car and brake even though there's room up ahead? Make them run stop signs, drive in the middle of a small two way road, park across two spaces when everyone is struggling to even find a spot.. And so forth?

Which sorta brings up another thing... If this car has so much power and handles so well, why do people buy them and drive like it's "a ton of bricks?" why did it need to squeeze between me and the guy in front of me... Why didn't they just past the guy in front if me, since there's so much more room up there! Why is it, I'm the one that has to speed up after coming down the ramp to avoid side swiping the BMW sitting in the far right lane? Was he exiting? Nope. Then, as soon as I lane change to give all of us room, he proceeds to tailgate me... despite having an open and clear highway!

Like I said, the cars are fine... its the drivers I have issues with.
I have to say, my "general" experience with BMW drivers is pretty much the same as well as Audi and Mercedes, but more so for BMW drivers. I don't get it.

Old 05-12-2011, 01:43 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Lyon[Nightroad]

The douchier ones are driving the lower end one because they are cheap as crap to lease now. To be honest with you though, I'd rather the M3 coupe over the new GT.

Old 05-12-2011, 02:28 PM
5 Year Member
not much else can be said that hasn't already pointed out. generally, i get cut off by the same cars and brush them off... kharma is a bitch and i have a great story to back that up.

about a year ago i pulled into my local 7eleven for some smokes and saw a new m3 parked diagonally in a handicapped space. first thing i thought was, "typical... what a douche.." i walked inside and i could point out the owner yelling into his bluetooth headset . i was standing in line and the greatest thing happened, an alarm went off. it turns out someone had backed into the new m3 and drove off ... the only thing parked on the opposite side of the m3 was a delivery box truck.

labor worker +1
cocks 0

Quick Reply: BMW Douchebags