The Wasteland The wasteland is unmoderated. Please do not enter if you have a weak stomach or can easily be offended. Only Administrators will have the right to moderate posts here.

A hilarious and refreshing bit of forum honesty..

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2011, 04:06 AM
A hilarious and refreshing bit of forum honesty..

To protect the innocent I have left his name/login out but just had to share this with you guys.. someone on another forum was drunkenly wondering if anyone had ever done a full bore awd launch in reverse.

This guy decided to man up and chime in:

Well, I was moving forward to stage the first beams. For some reason only the deep stage beam lit up, so I went into reverse so I could try again. I pulled forward, and again, only the deep stage came on. By now the starter is getting annoyed, so when I went into reverse and backed up again, the second the starter saw one of the staging lights flicker, he nailed the start button and it was PRO TREE! I got super flustered because it was a competitive event (Battle Of The Imports) so I nailed the two step and started my launch.... only to forget that I hadn't put the car back into 1st gear! The car flew backward nearly 2 full car lengths (felt like my best launch ever) and nearly smashed my helmet into the steering wheel. THANK GOD NO ONE WAS BEHIND ME!!! Once I realized what happened and stopped, I threw it into first, nailed the two step and took off to an amazing 23-something@122mph! HAHA! Coming back down the pit road the entire crowd was giving me a standing ovation!

As I said, my pride was shattered and my buddies have never let me live it down to this day!