General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Tire pressure alert

Old 11-20-2007, 11:13 PM
Tire pressure alert

Does anyone know how low the tire pressure will be when it sets off the alert on the dash board ?

Thanx

Old 11-21-2007, 12:12 AM
Retired Moderator
I have no idea, but i suggest looking in your manual!

Old 11-21-2007, 12:30 AM
5 Year Member
Enough to warrant adding more I'd presume.

Old 11-21-2007, 07:33 AM
5 Year Member
It's very low. It was in a Honda Service bulletin I found online a while back, but I can't remember the details. I'm pretty sure it was somewhere between 10-20 psi.

Don't rely on that to tell you you need air. It's like any other idiot light. If it goes on, you're an idiot!

Old 11-21-2007, 08:40 AM
Originally Posted by weave
It's very low. It was in a Honda Service bulletin I found online a while back, but I can't remember the details. I'm pretty sure it was somewhere between 10-20 psi.

Don't rely on that to tell you you need air. It's like any other idiot light. If it goes on, you're an idiot!
I'm not an idiot !!!!
I'm a moron !!!

Old 11-21-2007, 11:58 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by weave

lol yeah i just check my tires every month.. or when it gets significantly colder! but even with the car being a month and a half old and the temp dropping 20 degrees i only lost about 2 psi... not bad at all

Old 11-22-2007, 07:24 PM
How TPMS Works

The TPMS (tire pressure monitoring system) has a low tire pressure indicator, and a TPMS indicator. When the TPMS control unit detects low pressure in a tire, or a problem in the system, it turns on the appropriate indicator.
  • <LI class=LIST1>If low tire pressure is detected in one or more tires, the low tire pressure indicator comes on.
    <LI class=LIST1>If a problem in the system is detected, the TPMS indicator comes on.
  • If low tire pressure and a problem in the system are detected, only the TPMS indicator comes on.
If the system is OK, the TPMS indicator and the low tire pressure indicator should come on when you turn the ignition switch ON (II), and then go off 2 seconds later. If they don't, there is a problem with the system.
If the system detects low pressure in any of the four tires, the low tire pressure indicator comes on, and the control unit will sets one or more of these codes:
DTC 11, 13, 15, 17. When the tire pressure returns to normal, the control unit turns off the indicators and stores the DTC(s). However, if the control unit detects a problem in the system during an indication of low tire pressure, it turns off the low tire pressure indicator, stores the DTC(s), and turns on the TPMS indicator(s).
NOTE: Tire pressure increases slightly as the temperature in the tires rises during driving at highway speeds. Pressure also increases or decreases slightly with changes in outside air temperature. A temperature change of about 18 ºF (10 ºC) changes tire pressure by about 10 kPa (0.1 kgf/cm2, 1.5 psi). If the temperature drops, tire pressure could decrease just enough to turn on the low tire pressure indicator, but later, the tire temperature could increase enough to turn the indicator off. To resolve a complaint of such intermittent indications, confirm and clear the stored DTC(s) and check the tire pressures. Then explain to the customer how temperature changes can affect the system, especially when tire pressures are near the low end of the TPMS normal range - 175 to 220 kPa (1.8 to 2.2 kgf/cm2, 25 to 32 psi).
If a problem is detected in the system, the TPMS indicator comes on and stays on until the system returns to normal with most DTCs. If DTC 81, 83, or 85 is set, the TPMS indicator goes off only when the ignition switch is turned off.
When a flat tire is replaced with the spare tire, the TPMS indicator comes on (DTC 32, 34, 36, or 38) because the system is no longer receiving the signal from the flat tire's transmitter.
This is not a problem with the spare tire.
Problems That Are Not System Faults
  • <LI class=LIST1>Tire Sealant
    Fluid sealant used to repair a punctured tire can damage the tire pressure sensor mounted in each wheel. It can prevent the system from detecting the correct tire pressure, which sets a DTC 11, 13, 15, or 17 even though the system is normal.
    <LI class=LIST1>Cold Weather
    When the weather is extremely cold - about -40 ºF (-40 ºC) or colder - the output of the lithium battery in each tire pressure sensor may drop far enough that the control unit sets a DTC for low battery voltage (31, 33, 35, or 37) even though the system is normal.
  • Non-TPMS Wheels
    Vehicles equipped with TPMS must use wheels made for the system. Every TPMS wheel has an exclusive mark; do not use any other type of wheel.

im glad i have an 07..................