2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealership went and drilled the center hole for the front license plate...

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2008, 10:58 PM
Dealership went and drilled the center hole for the front license plate...

It took me forever to find a White Fit Sport in Manual with Navi, and the front license plate is required by CA law, so I didn't complain...

Anyways, I just had a clear bra put on, and the guy left the front license plate holder off, and I'm in <3. I still have the front bumper hole, and I was wondering if anyone knew of a more convenient way then filling and painting the hole... Quick and cheap solutions anyone? I'm thinking one possibility would be to find a front bumper plug for a Taffeta White Integra from a dealer, but I'm not sure if Honda changed the paint formulation in the last decade

***edit: nm, the front bumper plugs look more like clips on the Integra. I'm still open to other suggestions

Last edited by Epoch; 11-12-2008 at 11:02 PM.
Old 11-13-2008, 12:13 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Epoch
It took me forever to find a White Fit Sport in Manual with Navi, and the front license plate is required by CA law, so I didn't complain...

Anyways, I just had a clear bra put on, and the guy left the front license plate holder off, and I'm in <3. I still have the front bumper hole, and I was wondering if anyone knew of a more convenient way then filling and painting the hole... Quick and cheap solutions anyone? I'm thinking one possibility would be to find a front bumper plug for a Taffeta White Integra from a dealer, but I'm not sure if Honda changed the paint formulation in the last decade

***edit: nm, the front bumper plugs look more like clips on the Integra. I'm still open to other suggestions
Try here: https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/gaug...tch-plugs.html

Bumper plugs is the best way to go. The clips shouldn't be a problem and they hold up very well.

Last edited by Neebs; 11-13-2008 at 12:19 AM.
Old 11-13-2008, 12:49 AM
Originally Posted by Neebs
Try here: https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/gaug...tch-plugs.html

Bumper plugs is the best way to go. The clips shouldn't be a problem and they hold up very well.

Saw that, but the thread devolved later on as potentially shady things popped up. I'll wait to see people who actually have them in hand before I order any.

Old 11-14-2008, 05:34 AM
5 Year Member
You can find all sizes of plastic plugs at home Depot or Lowes, paint to match and your good to go - - - I did it years ago on another car I had - - good luck

Old 11-14-2008, 07:13 AM
5 Year Member
Same comment a gave to a another guy with the same problem

Try the S2000 license plate plugs. They should fit but haven't tried them myself yet

I've purchsed plenty of stuff from here so I know this site has always treated me well.

www.hardtopguy.com/store/product.php?productid=102&cat=0&page=1

Old 11-14-2008, 08:07 AM
5 Year Member
Why are you even trying to plug the holes? Take it back to the dealer and get them to fix it properly even if it requires a whole new front bumper skin. After all, they did damage it didn't they?

The fact that they drilled holes shows incompetence. There is no need to drill holes to mount it to a front bumper on the new Fit. The front plate frame mounts without any drilling needed.

Last edited by Virtual; 11-14-2008 at 08:12 AM.
Old 11-14-2008, 09:51 AM
5 Year Member
The front license plate bracket clips in, yes they drilled it unnecessarily, and if it were me, maybe I'd be going after a new bumper skin.

Some manufacturers have skins already finished by the vendor, I don't think that's true for Honda. So, even if they step up and give you a new bumper, you have to decide if it's better to have a couple small plugs in a bumper that's factory finished, or a fresh bumper that has to be sprayed by a shop.

I don't know about that one.

Old 11-14-2008, 10:30 AM
5 Year Member
Question

So these front plate brackets come from Honda or they are a seperate part?

Old 11-14-2008, 10:57 AM
5 Year Member
They come transported with the vehicle, though I'm sure they have a Honda P/N and can be ordered from the dealer.

Old 11-14-2008, 11:00 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FitStir
So these front plate brackets come from Honda or they are a seperate part?
Mine came with the front plate bracket. It was with the spare tire.

Old 11-14-2008, 11:53 AM
FitFreak GE8 DIY Guy
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Virtual
Mine came with the front plate bracket. It was with the spare tire.

this is how mine was also. in the back with the spare.

Old 11-14-2008, 12:20 PM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up

Thanks niko, Virtual, and badself. +reps

So I definately gotta tell my dealership to not install the front plate, because all the cars they sell I see they drilled the front plate holes right in to the bumper.

Man, I don't trust dealerships too much with the prep, I'm gonna tell them just leave the car the way it is, set up the TPMS, and the fuses. And I'll do the rest. I don't even want them taking off the plastic that comes with it.

Old 11-14-2008, 12:28 PM
Why are you even trying to plug the holes? Take it back to the dealer and get them to fix it properly even if it requires a whole new front bumper skin. After all, they did damage it didn't they?

The fact that they drilled holes shows incompetence. There is no need to drill holes to mount it to a front bumper on the new Fit. The front plate frame mounts without any drilling needed.
Because the tragic thing that happened is that it was discovered for me while I was having the clear bra installed, and the guy who installed it went and just finished around it. I doubt the dealer will have the front bumper skinned as it is, let alone pay for a new front bra to be installed.

(I have no complaints about the clearbra guy's work. It's IMMACULATE and the tint job he did on my car, and the jobs I've seen of his on other cars, is pretty much perfect. It basically looks like my Fit came with privacy glass I'll recommend it to anyone in the bay area who needs work done).

Anyways, has anyone run the front license holder with only the two bottom bolts for about 5K miles? I'm curious to know if the weight of the plate would cause the plastic to flex and slam into the front bumper on rough roads....

Old 11-14-2008, 02:18 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FitStir
Thanks niko, Virtual, and badself. +reps

So I definately gotta tell my dealership to not install the front plate, because all the cars they sell I see they drilled the front plate holes right in to the bumper.

Man, I don't trust dealerships too much with the prep, I'm gonna tell them just leave the car the way it is, set up the TPMS, and the fuses. And I'll do the rest. I don't even want them taking off the plastic that comes with it.
Don't just tell them. Insist that all your concerns be in the contract. In writing!

Old 11-14-2008, 03:27 PM
Don't just tell them. Insist that all your concerns be in the contract. In writing!
A-men. Never trust them unless you have it in writing. Also check the BBB: If they dont have an essentially perfect resolution rating, go elsewhere.