2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Door lock problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2016, 08:40 PM
Door lock problem

The passenger side door in my 2011 Fit does not unlock with the key fob or by using the latch on the interior door handle. I took the door panel off to see what it could be and the cable going from the interior door handle latch to the actuator seems to be the problem. The cable itself has a thinner cable inside of it that gets pushed in and out to unlock/lock the door. The problem is that I cannot push that interior cable all the way in so the door can unlock. I think just replacing the cable would do the trick, since the actuator itself is getting power and tries to unlock the door. The problem is that I can't get the actuator out of the door since I can't get to the screws on the side of the door (since I can't unlock it either way).

Is there a manual latch inside the door I can get to or is there anything else I can do to get the door actuator out?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Old 03-24-2016, 02:51 PM
5 Year Member
Usually the outer sleeve is anchored at the end rightt by where the actuator cable attaches to the lock, if you can get that loose you can pull the cable/sleeve combo by hand and unlock. Sounds like you have a frayed cable thats binding in the sleeve.

Old 03-25-2016, 01:50 PM
Originally Posted by dwtaylorpdx
Usually the outer sleeve is anchored at the end rightt by where the actuator cable attaches to the lock, if you can get that loose you can pull the cable/sleeve combo by hand and unlock. Sounds like you have a frayed cable thats binding in the sleeve.
Thanks for the suggestion. I tried pushing the cable into the sleeve, but didn't try pulling it. Hopefully that works out better.