2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Okay so lowering my car, I fine out I broke both axles.

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2016, 11:07 AM
Here's the worst axle

Originally Posted by dwtaylorpdx
Did you nephew give you a written work order? and does he have a business license?

Cause if he doesn't your out of luck.

Fair price to fully install a front suspension with alignment runs about 3.5 hours of labor. @ 85 to 120 an hour you'd be under 500 and he could always just say "I never touched the car." Ya gets what ya pay for..
My other friend that works on vettes for Jeff Gordon Chevrolet here replaced my axle with a new one (which I bought from O'Reilly's auto parts new for $87 w/ lifetime warranty vs $550 @Honda) for $20. He fixed the sway bar endings too and reinstalled the front springs correctly all for 125. As for my nephew, he'll be sued for every thing. His argument is that I should have waited for him to fix it. Not a chance in Hell. I have a pic ill post in a sec.

Old 04-16-2016, 11:38 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Desmond Lamar MacRae
it was longer after changing the spring. I bought this kit 2nd hand here. u cant get pdf install copy from tien. so i dont blame my nephew for what we were doing some by guessing. I looked here b4 i started with no success. I even asked on here if we cut bump stop to not one reply. So well get it worked out in the end.
Thank you. I found directions on install of RS*R springs and they do indeed say cut but Tiens i cant find instructions ANYWHERE... Not even in their site. Its crazy as if to say if you buy 2nd hand with no instructions, you'll be screwed. Other spring companies do the same thing it seems. I'm shocked.
As for my nephew, he'll be sued for every thing.
It's a huge mess, yes, but I still don't see where your nephew's on the hook for the whole thing. What does he do for a living, is it any kind of automotive work?

Old 04-16-2016, 12:08 PM
My other friend that works on vettes for Jeff Gordon Chevrolet here replaced my axle with a new one (which I bought from O'Reilly's auto parts new for $87 w/ lifetime warranty vs $550 @Honda) for $20. He fixed the sway bar endings too and reinstalled the front springs correctly all for 125. As for my nephew, he'll be sued for every thing. His argument is that I should have waited for him to fix it. Not a chance in Hell. I have a pic ill post in a sec.
Here the pic of the axle needing replacement that day it was lowered. I had been driving on it for 4 days.

Originally Posted by Fit Charlie
It's a huge mess, yes, but I still don't see where your nephew's on the hook for the whole thing. What does he do for a living, is it any kind of automotive work?
He's a transporter for the army. He did auto/audio work on the side and said he could lower my car vs going to a shop. So again, instead of quitting before getting himself in a pickle after taking off the 1st rim which is the pic of the f'd up axle, he continued. I even told him to go in his house, get on wi/fi, and dl the thread on installing RS*R springs on a 09 fit i found. He kept saying he didnt need it. The house wasnt wheelchair accessible so I couldnt go in and i wasin the car the whole time.

Pic of the axle I had been driving on unknowingly after my nephew "fixed" it.

Here's the car with front suspension fixed:

Any comments/questions feel free. BTW the drivers side axle will need to be replaced too but not near asap. I have an idea. Will tell you in a couple of weeks if it worked.

Attached Thumbnails Okay so lowering my car, I fine out I broke both axles.-80-bad_fit_axle_ee6e10fa9ae0b0f0a5a4bcdc943377203a1fd30f.jpg   Okay so lowering my car, I fine out I broke both axles.-80-my_fit_lowered_414013c443f0c1e05d19e9b08e74ccc48d59cc02.jpg  
Old 04-16-2016, 10:38 PM
Originally Posted by dwtaylorpdx
Did you nephew give you a written work order? and does he have a business license?

Cause if he doesn't your out of luck.

Fair price to fully install a front suspension with alignment runs about 3.5 hours of labor. @ 85 to 120 an hour you'd be under 500 and he could always just say "I never touched the car." Ya gets what ya pay for..
So if he didn't know what he was doing once the first coil was removed I'm fucked. Ok he refuses to pay anyway. Thought I should have waited for him to fix his mess up. When I was shown how "messed up" he was, that wasn't going to happen. Every states laws are different. If it's the case, I guess being disowned by one side of his family would be better. I'm fine with that too. He'll need us before we need him... 😂