2nd Generation GE8 Specific DIY: Repair & Maintenance Sub-Forum Threads discussing repairs and maintenance you can do yourself on the 2nd generation Honda Fit (GE8)

DIY Turn Signal Mirrors (winkers)

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2013, 12:38 PM
Super Moderator
the tilt down is doable and has been done to a ge8. just don't see the need for ME to do that since i know how to use my mirrors correctly. the way i put it, if it took me over 3 days on and off to do my jdm powerfolding mirrors, the tilt down will take me a week!

Old 03-20-2013, 12:50 PM
5 Year Member

Old 03-20-2013, 01:19 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FitStir
Insight tilt-down DIY --> Fit Fans Forum - Exibir tópico - Módulo "Tilt Down" do Retrovisor Externo
Found the pdf, but can't decifer the pin-swapping...

ryu's build thread on fitfans.br --> Ryu's 2012 Alabaster Silver Metallic GE8 USDM

Great forum they got there... quite a few DIY's.

Alpina you thinking of getting the Honda tilt-down?
Hi FitStir,
Yes, I am thinking of doing the tilt down too as soon as I buy the Power Folding Blinker mirror and the optional JDM tilt/auto fold harnesses...

If I am not mistaken, you bought your JDM power folding mirror from the seller in Ebay who is located in Taiwan right?
is your JDM power folding mirror HEATED or not?
because I think it is cold also in Taiwan so probably they came with the Heated option.

I currently planning to sound dampened my door panel, so I need to PRE WIRE all the wiring for this Power Folding Mirror before I sealed that door panel with sound dampening material.
so if the Taiwan version of this folding mirror are HEATED, I might need to run another extra 2 wire...
so did your Taiwan folding mirror are heated or not?

I do plan to have extra molex connector for blinker, power folding and heated connection though, the current USDM factory connector will only be use for the 3 cable mirror adjustment function only...
this way, I don't have to buy the extra wiring to sacrifice just like the CR-Z guy for the sake of keeping all inside USDM factory connector (the connector at the door)....

Thanks

Old 03-20-2013, 02:03 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by BMW ALPINA
If I am not mistaken, you bought your JDM power folding mirror from the seller in Ebay who is located in Taiwan right?
is your JDM power folding mirror HEATED or not?.....
Yeah, same seller. Still haven't done the install... too cold out.

They're not heated...
You gotta buy the heated mirrors themselves from Honda Canada, then wire them up... iirc, fuse 54 or 55 location with a add-a-tap. Can't recall the thread, but there's a few old ones discussing this.

I was debating going with the JDM "AquaClean" mirrors, but I'm leaning towards the Canadian heated.

That's a great install (the CR-Z thread), especially the fact that he kept it OEM wiring, but I'm not going to spend the time trying it out... so I'm going with the KP technologies one KP Technologies for mirror tilt...

Old 03-20-2013, 02:10 PM
5 Year Member
Yeah, same seller. Still haven't done the install... too cold out.

They're not heated...
You gotta buy the heated mirrors themselves from Honda Canada, then wire them up... iirc, fuse 54 or 55 location with a add-a-tap. Can't recall the thread, but there's a few old ones discussing this.

I was debating going with the JDM "AquaClean" mirrors, but I'm leaning towards the Canadian heated.

That's a great install (the CR-Z thread), especially the fact that he kept it OEM wiring, but I'm not going to spend the time trying it out... so I'm going with the KP technologies one KP Technologies for mirror tilt...
Thanks, I live in California so I don't think I need to buy the heated mirror if the Taiwan one do not came with it in the first place
but if they do come with heated module of course I want to hook it...
so I guess this mean no extra wire for heated module...

I think Mugen had the Blue Mirror (glass/lens) option, do you consider it?

I also wonder why the CR-Z Tilt Harness don't fit our Fit
but the Insight one will fit...
probably some differences in socket shape...
The CR-Z Tilt harness is on average about 1,000 Yen cheaper though

Old 03-20-2013, 02:12 PM
Super Moderator
i believe our fuse box is different from the crz. u can compare them by loading install files from collegehills for both the crz and fit.

Old 03-20-2013, 02:15 PM
5 Year Member
Oh I see, fuse box is the main differences... Ok great,
Thanks

By the way, I am currently reading on page 2 of your thread at Fit Fans forum

Old 03-20-2013, 02:37 PM
5 Year Member
I think Mugen had the Blue Mirror (glass/lens) option, do you consider it?
Yeah that's the "AquaClean" mirrors I was referring to... Honda Access (Modulo) has them, Axis styling has a set, Mugen has a set, and a few other JDM companies also offer them.
That's the one I was debating on getting, but between the RHD/LHD differences, and our weather up here in the NE... I think the heated Canadian ones are a better choice for me.

....I also wonder why the CR-Z Tilt Harness don't fit our Fit....
The JDM CR-Z tilt harness doesn't even work (as a direct swap) on the USDM CR-Z.... you see how much pinswapping he had to do...

kptech ftw

Although I would much rather an OEM solution... so if you get the Insight harness to work & do a detailed DIY, I might go that route.

Wish I had the tilt done a while ago... my bro curbed 2 of my rims & my gf curbed 1....

Old 03-20-2013, 02:52 PM
5 Year Member
but between the RHD/LHD differences, and our weather up here in the NE... I think the heated Canadian ones are a better choice for me.

Although I would much rather an OEM solution... so if you get the Insight harness to work & do a detailed DIY, I might go that route.

Wish I had the tilt done a while ago... my bro curbed 2 of my rims & my gf curbed 1....
Oh, there is a differences in RHD/LHD mirror,... must be the surfacing convex or not) kind of things right...

I will get the folding mirror and all those auto fold/tilt harness for sure (sooner or later), but at this moment I want to prepare all the wiring for folding mirror and also for future front active speaker/audio upgrade before I do sound deadening on my entire car (door, floor, trunk, roof).
that way, I don't ever have to open any interior panel anymore...
I hate opening interior panel...
I already had the sound deadening material bought since last month...
but I am too lazy to install it yet... because I need to open interior panel...

after doing sound deadening then,
I will decide whether I want to buy the folding mirror first with all the wiring,
or buy the JDM RS Rear Bumper first because both of them will cost approximately the same (after you include the expensive shipping cost for the rear JDM RS Bumper and the painting/body shop cost)

still, in the end buy I will bought both of them, only need to follow the "cash flow" and "time" restriction impose by my wife hehehe

Old 03-20-2013, 03:03 PM
5 Year Member
Old 10-30-2016, 11:39 AM
5 Year Member
i don't know if this is related but can't locate a topic or thread related so here goes -

has someone took out the whole mirror motor assembly ? my folding (retract) motor seized so I had to replace it. Instead of getting it from the dealer (which is too expensive), I got wind of a JDM driver side surplus unit. It works (in comes with a heater module but I did not use it though). Since it is a JDM unit, the angle of the mirror is geared towards an RHD driver. Although the line of sight is still ok (for me)... I'm a bit OC as the angle of the glass (mirror) is kinda awkward. I'm thinking of re-using the glass motor mount I earlier had. It is still working. However, I don't know if I would just cut the harness and re-solder as the wires are integrated with the motor.

Attached Thumbnails DIY Turn Signal Mirrors (winkers)-mirror-20one_zpsrqrhdqku.jpg  
Old 02-02-2018, 06:20 AM
Fit Factory Shop Manual

Free Honda Fit Shop Manual in PDF
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1zUjoDpizYb_wCcl6zFn32DkdW6LwTSzV
ill
leave link up for about a week.
Please dowload and share with fellow fit enthusiasts

Old 08-03-2018, 12:16 AM
Thanks for the diy

Old 05-09-2021, 03:15 AM
hi all, im looking to do this side mirror winker mod.

anyone got pics of the white and blue wires?

looks like the pics got deleted on this post.

Old 05-09-2021, 06:32 AM
5 Year Member
WInkers

Try this one. When you are at it put LED winkers behind the glass. I have both on mine. Hard part is getting the wiring through the door post buy it can be done.

Old 01-28-2024, 07:25 PM
Blue and white wires?

Originally Posted by niko3257
thanks Dave those are the ones.
a little tricky finding them but i did.
pics soon.

also for me the silicone is peace of mind.
if no one wants to do it you don't have to.
i just have a habit of doing it to all my cars.
im currently on the middle of installing the e folding JDM mirrors, the only thing I’m stuck at is where do I find the blue and white wires for the blinkers. Do you guys got any pictures?

Old 02-01-2024, 06:47 PM
Blue & white wires

any luck on finding the picture for the blue and white wires for the blinkers?

Originally Posted by slvrsoul.fit
hi all, im looking to do this side mirror winker mod.

anyone got pics of the white and blue wires?

looks like the pics got deleted on this post.