I want to install an aftermarket stereo head unit.

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2016, 03:35 PM
I want to install an aftermarket stereo head unit.

I just bought a 09 fit but I'm not to impressed by the factory stereo. I would like to remove the current one and replace it. But I can't seem to find a conversion kit that works. I have the non navigation model and all of the kits seem to only be for navigation models. Since the air controls are built into the stereo area I would have to buy a kit that replaces all of those. Please help me figure find something that works. Thank you.

Old 01-29-2016, 06:35 PM
The kits generally replace the plastic cover panel with the weird-shaped radio with one with a rectangular opening, similar to the nav version, that is in front of the standard double-din space behind. The air controls themselves are not changed at all. Once you have that piece, you can install any double-DIN head unit you like.

There are a few companies that sell the kit, or you can get the trim piece from Honda for the Fit with navigation. The Honda version is a very slightly better/more accurate match to the rest of the vehicle trim—the color and texture of the third party ones is a little bit different. Any of them are perfectly functional.

Old 01-29-2016, 09:35 PM
Originally Posted by DrewE
The kits generally replace the plastic cover panel with the weird-shaped radio with one with a rectangular opening, similar to the nav version, that is in front of the standard double-din space behind. The air controls themselves are not changed at all. Once you have that piece, you can install any double-DIN head unit you like.

There are a few companies that sell the kit, or you can get the trim piece from Honda for the Fit with navigation. The Honda version is a very slightly better/more accurate match to the rest of the vehicle trim—the color and texture of the third party ones is a little bit different. Any of them are perfectly functional.
If I want the Honda trim part, do I just have to get ahold of someone from the parts department at the local dealership or is their a website I can order it from.