2nd Generation GE8 Specific Wheel & Tire Sub-Forum This sub-forum is for all wheel & tire threads pertaining to the second generation Honda Fit (GE8)

Nokian Tire Review

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2011, 10:10 PM
Nokian Tire Review

I replaced the "lovely" Dunlops on my Canadian LX Fit. (which uses the 15 inch, tires together with the alloy "pizza box" wheels) with a set of Nokian EnTyres. A local tire store said they were better then any of the Michelins for my use (I run snows in the winter). They are a green tire, low rolling resitance, special oils used in production, etc. I have about 2,000 kms on them and so far I like them. I had to go up to 175/65/15 because therte was so few tires in the OEM size. They are not very much taller (about 1/4") then the tires which come on the sport.

So far I have found the tires.
-very low rolling resitance, this is hard to measure but the car really feels like it rolls much further.
- MPG went from 5.7/100 to 5.3/100 (this is metric measure meaning 5.3 litres per hundred kilometres, lower is better). This was going from snows to the Nokians. They seem just slightly better then the Dunlops
- quiet but fairly harsh ride again about the same as the Dunlops, this is a Fit!
- fantastic in the rain
-very good grip on dry pavement
-tires look very cool, kind of a scrolling "tribal" thing on the sidewalls.

We will see how they wear. Anyone looking for new tires sould have a look at these.

Old 05-23-2011, 12:03 PM
I have my eye on the Nokians for when my 2010 Sport needs tires. I have been looking at the 205/50-16 size in both the WR and Entyre series. If our Canadian siblings can get by with the Entyre over the WR then that is good enough for me. And the Entyre is much cheaper than the WR.

Old 05-23-2011, 04:31 PM
The tire dealer suggested the EnTyre over Michelins or the WR because I do use dedicated snow tires in the winter (snow tires turn the Fit into a snowplow machine by the way). The EnTyre is comparable to the Michelin Energy Savers but with a higher treadwear rating. I think they are rated (treadwear, and rolling resitance) much higher then the WRs.

Old 05-24-2011, 07:28 PM
I've run a set of WR G2's for two winters plus the intervening summer in Massachusetts. Great grip. Normally I can easily pass folks whose tires are spinning and sliding all over the road. I like to run them a little higher PSI as I noticed edge wear first- but that might be due to my driving style combined with all the crap I keep hauling around in the back.

Old 06-03-2011, 12:06 PM
Nokian eNTYRE

Hey everyone,

As a certified retailer of Nokian Tires...our customers have had only good things to say about their products. We can tell the quality of their tires simply by how many repeat customers we have! It is not uncommon to get 75,000 miles out of a Nokian tire if it is driven on responsibly and conservatively.

The Nokian eNTYRE is a great all season tire. It has ultra low rolling resistance becuase its rubber compound is made with natural oils such as canola oil instead of petroleum. Also, it is noticeably quieter than competing products.

However, if you're going for winter performance (but don't want/need a dedicated winter tire) i would have to recommend the Nokian WR-G2. This is an absolutely incredible all season tire.
The tire performs better than most dedicated winter tires, but it can be driven all year round!
It is one of the only all-season tires that comes with the Severe Service Symbol (meaning that it has exceeded government standards for winter driving).
The WR-G2 also has lower rolling resistance than most other tires for increased MPG.

Nokians are pretty hard to get your hands on in the USA. If you're interested in ordering either of these tires you can get them from us with FREE shipping from www.tiresbyweb.com!

Hope this helps!

Old 06-03-2011, 06:29 PM
Originally Posted by HONDAFIT4LIFE
Nokians are pretty hard to get your hands on in the USA. If you're interested in ordering either of these tires you can get them from us with FREE shipping from www.tiresbyweb.com!
Wow! Nokian WR-G2 in 205/50-16 size are $171 each and only H speed rated. I'll stick with the V rated Hankook's I bought for $72 each shipped.

_

Old 06-12-2011, 11:42 AM
I bought a set this winter, and would concur: expensive but so far definitely worth the price. I'd say my fuel consumption went down 0.3L/100km. The tire is quieter at high speed but louder at very low speed (<20km/h). Amazing grip in snow (Ontario).
They are expensive but then I don't have to have a second set of wheel to store/change/buy. And my time to do that is money!
Hope that helps

Originally Posted by HONDAFIT4LIFE
Hey everyone,

As a certified retailer of Nokian Tires...our customers have had only good things to say about their products. We can tell the quality of their tires simply by how many repeat customers we have! It is not uncommon to get 75,000 miles out of a Nokian tire if it is driven on responsibly and conservatively.

The Nokian eNTYRE is a great all season tire. It has ultra low rolling resistance becuase its rubber compound is made with natural oils such as canola oil instead of petroleum. Also, it is noticeably quieter than competing products.

However, if you're going for winter performance (but don't want/need a dedicated winter tire) i would have to recommend the Nokian WR-G2. This is an absolutely incredible all season tire.
The tire performs better than most dedicated winter tires, but it can be driven all year round!
It is one of the only all-season tires that comes with the Severe Service Symbol (meaning that it has exceeded government standards for winter driving).
The WR-G2 also has lower rolling resistance than most other tires for increased MPG.

Hope this helps!

Old 02-21-2014, 12:06 PM
I had Nokian WRG3 175/65R15 tires installed on my 2010 Fit at the beginning of this stormy winter we are having. They're all season, but grip in snow is firm and secure. I've been confident on the road in all conditions; and I love the handling in good conditions. They've increased the fun of driving my Fit.

Old 02-21-2014, 08:20 PM
5 Year Member
Yokohama S Drive FTW! Best summer tyre, great grip. I'm not a fan of all season's. Way cheaper than Nokian

Old 02-22-2014, 04:56 PM
5 Year Member
I have the Nokian Hakkapeliitta 7's and they are the best snow tires I have ever had and they are awesome in real nasty deep snow too I will definitely buy them again the next time I need tires again for sure. Mine were 130 a piece I believe but are definitely worth the price!

Old 09-21-2014, 01:41 PM
I've been driving on Nokia (yes, it was plain Nokia name back then) studs since 1978. I did try Dunlop, Michelin and few others in a Winter.
There are two things:
- there is no substitute for studs on ice
- Nokia was always a step or two ahead of the competition
Latest Winters (2011 - 2014) I drove on Hakka 5 and now I have Hakka 8 ready for the 2014-2015 Winter.
Hakka 8 ready to go
The only change I see is: before I was buying Hakkas made in Finland and now they switched all production to Russian plant in Vsevolozsk, St. Petersburg area.
I've heard of some bad reviews for Hakkas coming from new Russian plant and hope it will not be true for my new tires.

Old 09-21-2014, 04:15 PM
5 Year Member
Studs might be great on ice but they are so so on snow and terrible on pavement. City driving is a mix of snow and pavement so I stick with a good studless winter tyre. I tried a studded tire once and hated it. Perhaps it's nice for those that live in the country.

Old 09-21-2014, 05:31 PM
MTLian, I agree! If you do not have a lot of black ice or ice in-general - no studs will be good.
Although I have to say this - Nokian studs are not like any other studs out there. Studded tires are good on pavement and great on snow. 4x4 on all season tires no match for FWD car on winter tires and non-stadded tires will not stop you on ice.
Check out this vid:

Old 09-22-2014, 04:28 PM
If I could get WRG2's that fit my Fit Sport rims, I would leave them on year round in Seattle, they kick arse in the rain also. Good thing I have a set on my CR-V, cause it's what I use in the snow and ice. Nokian's are amazing tires.

Old 09-22-2014, 06:11 PM
Hakka 5 studded saved my new Civic in January:
for the next season I already bought Hakka 8:
Hakkapeliitta 8 on Konig Zero-in

Old 09-22-2014, 06:45 PM
Wow inpress