3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Questions on deposit on new fit in Ky

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2014, 12:44 AM
One of the worst financial mistakes you can make is to purchase a new car (guilty). You can compound this error by financing a depreciating asset. I'd recommend going with the one payment plan or buying a cheaper vehicle which you can afford to purchase now.

The silliest thing is when someone notes how they got a few hundred off of MSRP but financed at 2-3% through the dealer. The dealer didn't lose anything on that deal!

Old 08-29-2014, 03:31 AM
Pay cash for a car up front. Finance at a rate of 1.9 percent and invest that cash in something like Apple stock or any Blue Chip stock paying a dividend. Apple return this year is at 40 percent. Not the norm granted but you should be able to get a return of more then the interest you are paying for a car loan at the present
time.

Old 08-29-2014, 07:23 AM
Thanks for the input. I'm okay paying my 1.9% for a car I really want.

Old 08-29-2014, 09:22 AM
Financing is a personal preference and really requires no input. Everyone has their reasons for their decisions. JMHO

Last edited by tmfit; 08-29-2014 at 09:26 AM.
Old 08-29-2014, 11:41 AM
Originally Posted by randomAustinGuy
One of the worst financial mistakes you can make is to purchase a new car (guilty).
I used to take this as gospel, but with some cars that hold their value well (Hondas included) you can end up paying more dollars per mile buying used!
You have to do your homework on the new vs. used decision.

Old 08-29-2014, 04:51 PM
5 Year Member
Buying a new car for me was a retirement gift and a hedge against having no experience owning a car for 35 years. I could have bought a Buick or a BMW (now there's two brands you wouldn't expect in the same sentence), but the intelligence of the Fit's design won me over...plus the savings!

Old 08-31-2014, 10:59 PM
Wanted to update again. Went and picked up my passion berry pearl ex cvt Saturday! Very happy with it. We gave it a full look over. Only issue I've found is there was 1 scratch on the back next to the hatch. There calling me Tuesday to set up repair and with a rental.

Old 09-01-2014, 10:11 PM
5 Year Member
Awesome. Congrats on your new Fit! If you see a blue one in NKY, it's probably me. I've only seen one more 2015 around, and it was a passionberry I saw at Crestview Mall.

Old 09-01-2014, 10:16 PM
Originally Posted by SheepNutz
Awesome. Congrats on your new Fit! If you see a blue one in NKY, it's probably me. I've only seen one more 2015 around, and it was a passionberry I saw at Crestview Mall.
If it was Sunday that was me ☺ lol. Ill keep my eyes out. I do know there was a manual pbp at jeff wyler in Florence. They had a yellow in as well. Saw it as it was leaving the lot for a test drive I believe.

Old 09-02-2014, 04:52 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Christina11
Wanted to update again. Went and picked up my passion berry pearl ex cvt Saturday! Very happy with it. We gave it a full look over. Only issue I've found is there was 1 scratch on the back next to the hatch. There calling me Tuesday to set up repair and with a rental.
Congrats on the car, truly. But... I feel bad for a person who buys a new car with paint damage (however small) that will require repaint work from jump. Half the time these dealers use guys who paint the car in the parking lot in open air, especially bumpers, small scratches, etc. The resilience of the work is almost guaranteed to be very poor, even if you're lucky enough that it looks good to begin with. Even paint booth work done by an expert leaves something to be desired if you have a good eye for paint and body work. Unfortunately, I'm cursed with that "good" eye.

To each their own, because it's their money and their choice. I know all these new Fits are precious pearls to their seeking potential owners (amost one of a kind to some), but if the car has damage on it, however small, I walk and I don't look back. It doesn't matter what the dealer offers to save the deal. The first scratch, dent, etc is alway hard, but I'll be damned if the dealer's the one who'se going to cause it. Many times after the purchase, it's better to touch up minor damage than to allow the dealer to put their grimy hands on the car for the purpose of paint repair. Judge me as an ass hole, it's OK. I'm not attacking you, it's just that I know how these dealerships operate; so, for me it's not visible paint blemishes/damage at the time of delivery, or NO DEAL.

Old 09-02-2014, 08:16 PM
Awesome Christina! Hope it continues to bring you years of fun

Old 09-02-2014, 09:32 PM
Originally Posted by badself
...but if the car has damage on it, however small, I walk and I don't look back. It doesn't matter what the dealer offers to save the deal. The first scratch, dent, etc is alway hard, but I'll be damned if the dealer's the one who'se going to cause it. Many times after the purchase, it's better to touch up minor damage than to allow the dealer to put their grimy hands on the car for the purpose of paint repair. Judge me as an ass hole, it's OK. I'm not attacking you, it's just that I know how these dealerships operate; so, for me it's not visible paint blemishes/damage at the time of delivery, or NO DEAL.
I agree. The car is new and should be unblemished. Sloppy handling by the dealer shouldn't be swept under the rug. I'd walk too.

Unfortunately, a lot of dealers will touch up their mistakes and sell the car to an unsuspecting customer. The poor customer doesn't know about it until the paint starts deteriorating or the rust bubbles pop up.

Old 09-02-2014, 10:01 PM
Thanks for the congrats and advice.

My deal is done and paint scratch or not, I'm 100% satisfied with my new car and loan terms. It isn't my 1st brand new car and it wont be my last.

I don't take the advice as rude or being an asshole as the post above referenced, I can appreciate the different opinions and I believe the same:
To each their own.

I too have read the quality issues thread and before I even set eyes on the car, I began a list of things to be especially careful checking. Aside from the tiny paint scratch the car is in perfect condition.

The scratch will be fixed and I know I will not be walking out until I have fully scrutinized the area to be sure I am happy with the work.

Old 09-02-2014, 10:28 PM
5 Year Member
Who is taking care of the scratch? If it's the Jeff Wyler body shop in Wilder, you're in good hands. I've had a few cars done by them and they do great work.

Old 09-02-2014, 10:50 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Christina11
Thanks for the congrats and advice.

My deal is done and paint scratch or not, I'm 100% satisfied with my new car and loan terms. It isn't my 1st brand new car and it wont be my last.

I don't take the advice as rude or being an asshole as the post above referenced, I can appreciate the different opinions and I believe the same:
To each their own.

I too have read the quality issues thread and before I even set eyes on the car, I began a list of things to be especially careful checking. Aside from the tiny paint scratch the car is in perfect condition.

The scratch will be fixed and I know I will not be walking out until I have fully scrutinized the area to be sure I am happy with the work.
You should order a touch up paint pen for that occasional chip or scratch. LINK:

2015 Honda Fit Touch-Up Paint - Bernardi Parts

We did, for a chip on the front hood (small rock), and a scratch we created when installing one of the clips for the cargo cover (screwdriver slipped while pushing the clip into place).

Last edited by Vanguard; 09-02-2014 at 10:52 PM.
Old 09-02-2014, 11:56 PM
Congrats Christina on your new Fit. Crazy everything you had to go through. I helped my in laws negotiate their price in mid June. I requested internet quotes to nearby dealers the night before we were going to the local dealership. The next morning I was getting emails and phone call offers. The dealership we were going to came back with $18,535 (invoice price) for an EX CVT. They even had to dealer trade for it. They didn't take delivery until 8/9 I believe. Hopefully you didn't pay full MSRP. I realize the Fit is hot and in short supply, but there are dealers that are selling for under MSRP.

Old 09-03-2014, 11:14 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Kapper
Congrats Christina on your new Fit. Crazy everything you had to go through. I helped my in laws negotiate their price in mid June. I requested internet quotes to nearby dealers the night before we were going to the local dealership. The next morning I was getting emails and phone call offers. The dealership we were going to came back with $18,535 (invoice price) for an EX CVT. They even had to dealer trade for it. They didn't take delivery until 8/9 I believe. Hopefully you didn't pay full MSRP. I realize the Fit is hot and in short supply, but there are dealers that are selling for under MSRP.
We also had a local dealer offering several Fit EX's in the $18,500 range, back in June, but my daughter did not like the color's they had, and the deal was limited to certain "original/first shipment" inventory. There was also an online dealer offering the same discount, for the color she wanted, but it would involve a dealer trade as well, and the timeline did not match up with her need to return to college (and the fact they could never produce a VIN number). Sometimes if you want a specific color (for her it was the Passion Berry Pearl), you are limited to what is available, and need to act when the iron is hot (or the car is in stock). Something else that will impact your purchase price is if you are trading in a car. What the dealer giveth on the purchase price, they can taketh on the trade in. Dealers are experts at not losing money.

Having said that, when my wife purchased her 2014 Mazda CX-5, she chose one that happened to be marked down an extra $2,000.00. The reason? Old inventory. At the time, there were original 2014 versions, newer 2014 versions, and incoming 2015 models. She did not care at all about the definition of inventory age, or about color, all she could see was the additional $2,000 discount. She loves her car, will drive it until it drops, and likes the fact her bank balance is larger than it would have been otherwise.

Last edited by Vanguard; 09-03-2014 at 11:26 AM.