3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

How does the 2015 Fit drives on the freeway?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2015, 03:05 PM
5 Year Member
How does the 2015 Fit drives on the freeway?

Hi everyone, my wife and i are looking to buy a 2015 Honda fit probably the LX, I just want to ask if how is it drive on the freeway? We will do a lot of drive from Houston to San Antonio because my wife's grandparents live in SA. Is the back seat comfortable and the ride? Thanks guys!

Old 02-24-2015, 05:01 PM
I've done long highway drives in my (2nd generation) Fit. It does fine on the freeway. The back seat is adequately comfortable.

Fits are not, of course, anything resembling luxury cars; the seats (front and back) are rather on the firm side and the car has some noise and vibration and you are aware of road imperfections. That said, I don't feel beat up after a pretty long day of driving, and it's not hard to carry on conversations with other passengers. (I think my biggest complaint for long distance travel is that you hear every rattle that your luggage/cargo might make—something that is, of course, inevitable with any hatchback and not a fault of the Fit itself.)

You'd probably be able to get a better idea of what it's like by going on a test drive that includes some highway/freeway driving.

Old 02-24-2015, 08:24 PM
If you have to do long trips at hwy speeds I would recommend the CVT due to the lower RPM. The MT will be very buzzy especially in the LX which has less sound deadening than the EX. In terms of vehicle dynamics, the car is great on the freeway. The brakes are confidence-inspiring, steering is light but very precise and crisp. I commute 70 miles per day on the highway and the fit is a great tool for smashing freeway miles.

Old 02-24-2015, 08:51 PM
I've owned my fir for about 4 months and have taken a couple of 1000+ trips on it to New Mexico and it has performed marvelously. I own the CVT and drive it to Dallas, which is 3 hours away, with no complaints as far as the cars performance. It gets up to speed great, and it’s a fairly smooth drive. The only thing I wish was different is the passenger side feet area gets crampy after a while and the passenger side doesn’t scoot back very far. While driving I feel great though and the space is great.

Old 02-24-2015, 09:55 PM
5 Year Member
Just took an EX CVT for a test drive on an interstate. Obviously I didn't put on a ton of miles but it performed quite well. Well enough that....I expect to pull the trigger and get one tomorrow (well...tell the dealer to get me the purple one and take delivery as soon as it's in).

Old 02-24-2015, 11:12 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks for sharing your input guys! We are planning to get the CVT, we cannot decide yet if its going to be the LX or the EX. Since there will be a more than a thousand dollars difference on the EX than the LX i still don't know if its worth it to go with the EX.

Old 02-24-2015, 11:14 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Evesowner
Just took an EX CVT for a test drive on an interstate. Obviously I didn't put on a ton of miles but it performed quite well. Well enough that....I expect to pull the trigger and get one tomorrow (well...tell the dealer to get me the purple one and take delivery as soon as it's in).
Congrats in advance. Hope you will get the color you want.

Old 02-24-2015, 11:50 PM
Originally Posted by Unidentified
Thanks for sharing your input guys! We are planning to get the CVT, we cannot decide yet if its going to be the LX or the EX. Since there will be a more than a thousand dollars difference on the EX than the LX i still don't know if its worth it to go with the EX.
The extra features are probably worth more than that in value. I love how much this car gives you for the money.

And Passion Berry Pearl is a fine color to consider!

Old 02-25-2015, 06:12 AM
20,000 miles in over 4 months

So far I've put over 20,000 miles in over 4 months on my new 2015 Fit LX, driving from the West Coast to Minnesota, Indiana, Seattle, San Diego, Oklahoma, etc. The 2015 Fit drives fine on the freeway. It handles well. The road feel is tight. Tire noise is rather high on rough parts of the pavement, but on smooth parts it's very nice. Underneath the LX engine is a large cover which streamlines airflow beneath the Fit. I get around 41 to 43 MPG on the freeway at 65 to 70 MPH.

Old 02-25-2015, 04:36 PM
My personal experience

On a weekly basis I drive a 2hr each way commute from Santa Clarita to Irvine,CA and I average about 47-48 MPG. I realized that it does safe me gas but at a price though... It's really uncomfortable now to drive it while in traffic as there is lots of stop and go. Well being 5"10 and 10 size feet. The way the brake pedal is set up being closer to the driver is really getting on my nerves. The gas pedal is further closer to the floor and causes discomfort to my right ankle.
I'm only 26 so it can be age and I'm very healthy and active lol.
Other than that, there's the usual road noise which is there but the audio system does a great job and usually crank it up and forget about the road noise.

Old 02-25-2015, 07:45 PM
5 Year Member
I've had my 2015 Fit for about 5 months, and have taken a couple of trips that covered several hundred miles of freeway...No problem!
Depending on how hilly the roads are, I'll get between 39-43 mpg, I set the cruse control for 68 mph.
Wonderful car!

Old 02-26-2015, 06:52 AM
I haven't taken any long trips with the Fit yet but I have a 50 mile round trip commute every day and have no complaints about freeway driving or comfort. Love this car, love the gas mileage!

Old 02-26-2015, 07:51 AM
Originally Posted by SparknDutch
On a weekly basis I drive a 2hr each way commute from Santa Clarita to Irvine,CA and I average about 47-48 MPG. I realized that it does safe me gas but at a price though... It's really uncomfortable now to drive it while in traffic as there is lots of stop and go. Well being 5"10 and 10 size feet. The way the brake pedal is set up being closer to the driver is really getting on my nerves. The gas pedal is further closer to the floor and causes discomfort to my right ankle.
I'm only 26 so it can be age and I'm very healthy and active lol.
Other than that, there's the usual road noise which is there but the audio system does a great job and usually crank it up and forget about the road noise.
Well I'm 6'4" and have size 12 shoes and can report no such issues with the pedals. In fact pedal comfort was the reason I purchased the fit over the fiesta st. OP sounds like something you're going to have to see for yourself. We're all different shapes and sizes so ergonomics are going to be a personal issue.

Old 02-27-2015, 01:30 AM
5 Year Member
Ride quality on highways are ok for the back seats. Seaat space are just fantastic*at least for me, im 5.4) Just keep in mind that in the back there are no air climate so try to put air to recirculare in the cabin. Also it will improve the quality and safty to remember the passanger that the you can move the head rest and you can recline it a little bit. (that will make a long trip a lot easier. If you want to add confort tint the window and buy some sound deptening as dinamte it will make a lot of difference. It is pretty confortable for four hour trips. For longer nothing beats the suburban and the escalade. My dad have them buy im pretty happy with my fit.

Old 02-27-2015, 10:20 AM
I haven't taken my Fit on a long drive yet, but I just want to point out that the steering wheel is very adjustable. It's telescoping and adjustable up & down. The driver's seat adjusts too -- normal front / back position and reclining as well as height. These can make a big difference on a long drive. Sometimes I even like to change position of the seat a little halfway through a long drive. Back seat has a good bit of leg room for the size of the car, and the back seat can be reclined a little too. I think my only complaint is that the front passenger seat doesn't slide up or back as far as we might like. It's not bad though.

I rented several cars over the past year and sometimes, among other things, the position of the steering wheel could be painful on a long ride. I found the Fit to be adjustable enough to avoid some of those problems.

No, it's not a luxury car. So don't expect it to feel like one. But I also test drove a previous model year Fit and the 2015 is definitely a smoother ride. The family found it quite comfortable. Looking forward to our first long trip in our Fit.

Old 02-27-2015, 06:10 PM
Originally Posted by Unidentified
Hi everyone, my wife and i are looking to buy a 2015 Honda fit probably the LX, I just want to ask if how is it drive on the freeway? We will do a lot of drive from Houston to San Antonio because my wife's grandparents live in SA. Is the back seat comfortable and the ride? Thanks guys!

Taken mine from Phoenix to LA twice. No problem at all, even with 3 kids in the car. Plenty of room, and rides well on the highway. Far better than the 2010 Fit I had.

Old 03-01-2015, 08:55 PM
5 Year Member
I used our BumbleBee down I-5 doing 75 against the headwind, it was happy. Also, it was not complaining climbing the Grapevine between Central Valley and LA metro. It stayed at 70 on the cruise control climbing steep angle.