Fit Interior Modifications Discussion area for interior modifications including seats, steering wheels, upholstery and gauges

Any way to increase the leg room of a 2015 Fit?

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2014, 02:01 PM
Any way to increase the leg room of a 2015 Fit?

I really want to buy a Fit, but it's about 1"~2" shy of having enough leg room.

Is there anything I can do to increase my leg room by ~2"

I've already contacted Home sending pictures, but they've turned me down because of all the custom molding around the seat.

Are there any aftermarket longer seat brackets/ rails I could buy to replace the existing rails and gain a few inches?

Old 06-26-2014, 02:40 PM
If you somehow find a way to move the seat back far enough, will the reach to the steering wheel/dash then be too far? You could end up with a horribly uncomfortable driving position.

Old 06-26-2014, 03:05 PM
I'm confused. I'm 6'2", long legs, and I don't have the seat all the way back. I drive a 2009 and not a 2015, but I don't think they're that much different. What are you driving now, for comparison?

Last edited by PaleMelanesian; 06-26-2014 at 04:32 PM.
Old 06-26-2014, 03:51 PM
Are you like 7 feet tall?

Old 06-26-2014, 05:18 PM
No, I'm 6'1", long legs, have to have the seat all the way back and even then my foot is at an odd angle with the break petal. I live in Hilly San Francisco so I have to keep my foot on the break a lot and when I do, I have to flex my foot all the way up to get my foot on the petal because it's too close.

I'm used to driving my Toyota Tacoma with plenty of leg room. Leg room does eliminate me from a lot of compact cars, but I do fit in the nissan versa and kia soul.

Old 06-26-2014, 06:24 PM
I am 6'0" and I don't think I could even reach the pedals with the seat all the way back on the sliders in my GE, so unless the GK is dramatically different, I find this very confusing. I think it is actually the awkward seating position you are having problems with, not the distance itself. The Fit's seats sit much higher than most cars since the gas tank is below the floor. It took me a while to find a comfortable position, and I ended up sitting much closer to the wheel than I usually do in other cars because of the awkward seat height.

If you can't find a position at all (i'd recommend trying though, you're not incredibly tall or anything, and if I can fit in a Miata you should be fine in a Fit LOL) it should be fairly easy to have the seat brackets modified for an extra few inches. Just pull the seat out and bring the rails and slider to a metal fab shop and have them modify the stock bracket.

Old 06-26-2014, 07:14 PM
Originally Posted by PaleMelanesian
I'm confused. I'm 6'2", long legs, and I don't have the seat all the way back. I drive a 2009 and not a 2015, but I don't think they're that much different.
Same, minus the 2009 part, I have a 2007 and have to scoot the seat up a little so I can clutch and reach the steering wheel.

Old 06-26-2014, 08:59 PM
Originally Posted by Wanderer.
I am 6'0" and I don't think I could even reach the pedals with the seat all the way back on the sliders in my GE, so unless the GK is dramatically different, I find this very confusing. I think it is actually the awkward seating position you are having problems with, not the distance itself. The Fit's seats sit much higher than most cars since the gas tank is below the floor. It took me a while to find a comfortable position, and I ended up sitting much closer to the wheel than I usually do in other cars because of the awkward seat height.

If you can't find a position at all (i'd recommend trying though, you're not incredibly tall or anything, and if I can fit in a Miata you should be fine in a Fit LOL) it should be fairly easy to have the seat brackets modified for an extra few inches. Just pull the seat out and bring the rails and slider to a metal fab shop and have them modify the stock bracket.
Good idea. I'll call a metal fab shop to check out my options. Sadly I have no welding experience.
I'll also ask the sales team to adjust the seat for me. You all make me feel like I'm missing something with adjusting the seat like there's a 4th adjustment or something.

Last edited by Jason Godlove; 06-26-2014 at 09:02 PM.
Old 10-13-2015, 01:57 PM
I've put 28k miles on my 2015 fit so far. I'm 6'2", size 13 shoe, and the seat just will not go back enough for me to be comfortable. I'm experience no back pain, however I do have a lot of right ankle pain, foot pain, and knee pain. I have to sit with my right foot crossed over almost. I came from a Ford Focus which I didn't have this issue at all.

I'm going to try the gas pedal mod. Also is there any seat rail or extension mods out there before I attempt the new bolt and washers mod for front seat angle adjustment?

thanks!

Old 10-13-2015, 02:12 PM
Originally Posted by dba72
I've put 28k miles on my 2015 fit so far. I'm 6'2", size 13 shoe, and the seat just will not go back enough for me to be comfortable. I'm experience no back pain, however I do have a lot of right ankle pain, foot pain, and knee pain. I have to sit with my right foot crossed over almost. I came from a Ford Focus which I didn't have this issue at all.

I'm going to try the gas pedal mod. Also is there any seat rail or extension mods out there before I attempt the new bolt and washers mod for front seat angle adjustment?

thanks!
I had the same ankle aches after just doing the test drive. I'm glad I went with a Prius a little over a year ago, although it is a bit long at time. That being said I tried hard to fit into the FIT.
At the time, I couldn't find any aftermarket seat adjusters that would work because of the molded floor because they are mainly just metal sheets that lay flat on the floor effectively moving the entire rail system back a few inches. I contacted some custom body shops about moding the railing system but they will not touch it because it weakens the system and if that mod gives way during a crash, you'll be in serious trouble.

During the test drive, it did feel like the petals were up a little too high, I'm curious to know if your mod will fix the issue.
Best of Luck!

Old 10-14-2015, 10:54 AM
Originally Posted by Jason Godlove
I had the same ankle aches after just doing the test drive. I'm glad I went with a Prius a little over a year ago, although it is a bit long at time. That being said I tried hard to fit into the FIT.
At the time, I couldn't find any aftermarket seat adjusters that would work because of the molded floor because they are mainly just metal sheets that lay flat on the floor effectively moving the entire rail system back a few inches. I contacted some custom body shops about moding the railing system but they will not touch it because it weakens the system and if that mod gives way during a crash, you'll be in serious trouble.

During the test drive, it did feel like the petals were up a little too high, I'm curious to know if your mod will fix the issue.
Best of Luck!
I'll let you know what happens. I'm going to trade it if these mods don't work.

Old 10-17-2015, 06:44 AM
5 Year Member