General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Remembering seat position

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2019, 06:51 PM
5 Year Member
Remembering seat position

Like most of you, I've gotten my seat and mirrors exactly in the position I want them. Any disruption to this sends me fidgeting with levers until I can reach bliss again. I have a long road trip coming up and my wife wanted to volunteer driving so we won't have to make as many stops. I would like my seat to be easily reverted to my preferred position when I take the wheel again.

Are there any tricks or markings to make it easier to find your seat position? No memory seats here.

Old 05-13-2019, 08:17 AM
I wrote the following guide to provide a method for intelligent dynamic driver's seat memory, at no additional cost and with no additional gimmicks:
  1. Slide the seat to its full back position with a relatively straight back and flat butt angle.
  2. Sit in the seat and assume the driving position (are the back and butt angles comfy? Adjust untill comfy and good posture is found).
  3. Slide the seat forward until your left foot heal reaches the bottom of the dead pedal comfortably with a slight bend in the knee (ensure you can still depress the clutch pedal to the wall, and your right foot is comfortably positioned to handle the the throttle; your shifting hand (left/right-hand drive dependant) should be able to comfortably maneuver the shift knob into all 6 gears without moving your torso (if it can't: adjust seat-back posture until it can)).
  4. Adjust the steering wheel telescope and height for a comfortable 8/4 o'clock hand position.
  5. Adjust the side mirrors so you can see the lane to your left and right; such that if you tilt your head to either side you will see the rear door handle for the given side.
  6. Adjust the rear view mirror ((preferably a convex mirror that allows vision into blind spots,) so you can see out of the rear-left, rear, and rear-right windows with minimal head movement).

Last edited by knope; 05-13-2019 at 08:20 AM. Reason: Typos typos
Old 05-13-2019, 10:10 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by knope
I wrote the following guide to provide a method for intelligent dynamic driver's seat memory, at no additional cost and with no additional gimmicks:
  1. Slide the seat to its full back position with a relatively straight back and flat butt angle.
  2. Sit in the seat and assume the driving position (are the back and butt angles comfy? Adjust untill comfy and good posture is found).
  3. Slide the seat forward until your left foot heal reaches the bottom of the dead pedal comfortably with a slight bend in the knee (ensure you can still depress the clutch pedal to the wall, and your right foot is comfortably positioned to handle the the throttle; your shifting hand (left/right-hand drive dependant) should be able to comfortably maneuver the shift knob into all 6 gears without moving your torso (if it can't: adjust seat-back posture until it can)).
  4. Adjust the steering wheel telescope and height for a comfortable 8/4 o'clock hand position.
  5. Adjust the side mirrors so you can see the lane to your left and right; such that if you tilt your head to either side you will see the rear door handle for the given side.
  6. Adjust the rear view mirror ((preferably a convex mirror that allows vision into blind spots,) so you can see out of the rear-left, rear, and rear-right windows with minimal head movement).
Great tips and everything, but I may have been misunderstood. I already have my sweet spot. If my wife or someone else takes the wheel and messes up my sweet spot, I will literally spend days adjusting and fine tuning it back. Are there any tricks to saving my position since these cars don't have memory buttons or power seats?