3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Anyone else here starting to feel buyers remorse?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2016, 10:19 AM
5 Year Member
Buyer's remorse??? Nope...

Old 07-23-2016, 03:31 AM
Good to know about the I phone 6s charging on the USB port.

Old 07-23-2016, 04:17 AM
Originally Posted by LibertyHound
I've have my '16 Aegean Blue Fit EX for about 3 weeks now. For the most part, I really like the car. It has nice lines and doesn't look like a hamster box. I think it looks unique. I don't think it's noisy or terribly uncomfortable. I love the room in the back and the fact that the rear seats fold flat. Gas mileage is awesome compared to my '05 Accord and that my weekly gas costs have dropped by two thirds. There is a lot more I like about the car however, I'll get back on topic...regrets.

I don't know if I have regrets but there are things I wish I would have known. I probably would have made the same decision to buy the Fit. I would just rather have made an informed decision instead of feeling let down.

1. The infotainment system. I knew NOTHING about infotainment systems/head units prior to shopping for a new car. I thought if I had bluetooth I'd be golden. The dealer showed me how to pair my phone, import contacts and make calls. schweetZ! I did not know however, that all the extra goodies were not compatible with my Nexus 6P Android phone. Honda Link, AHA, Maps....no joy unless you're apple. I should have asked but didn't think about those things. No carplay or android auto. another bummer.

I'm considering a different head unit that is Android compatible but I would lose my backup cam lines, the lane watch cam, and the cool trip information data screen.
or
I could switch to an iPhone 7 when they come out in September. From what I understand, the iPhones must be plugged in to an HDMI/USB dongle contraption to get HondaLink, AHA, Maps, etc to work.

2. the USB port is 1 amp. WTF? So IF if get an iPhone, plug the dongle from the phone to USB, the 1 amp is not going to charge the phone, just make it drain more slowely when using nav. If I want to charge, i have to plug it in to one of the power outlets. Honda must've had a lot of 1st generation phone stuff in surplus when they designed the head unit and USB ports.

3. If I put the steering wheel low enough for my comfort, I can't see the top 1/4th of the instrument panel..55mph thru 85, the top of the tach, the headlight/foglight indicators on the right panel.

4. the stereo sound. I wasn't expecting a lot from this budget guy but it sounds as tinny as the AM radios I had in my youth. The saving grace - the sound from my phone's Google Music over bluetooth sound ...pretty ok.

5. When I listen to FM radio and my phone is navigating, the nav directions (coming from bluetooth) do not duck the sound. Like, when google maps says take exit 50 in 1/2 mile, I wish the radio sound would lower so I can hear bluetooth directions. I know this is possible because when a phone call comes in the radio stops playing for the duration of the call until I hang up.

That's it for me. These aren't really complaints but me wishing I'd have thought of these things before I pulled the trigger.

Cheers and enjoy your Fit!
The FIT is an economy level vehicle and may not have the bells and whistles of higher trim level choices. Shame you didn't note these issues before purchase.

For me, the FIT has too much gadgetry. I wound up purchasing Honda Care to cover the electronics that are expensive if they fail.

What I didn't really want but could not avoid were:

1. Anything associated with phones
2. Back up camera - find it useless in parking - distorts distance
3. Cruise control - I only use my FIT in the city
4. Power windows
5. Automatic self locking doors
6. Complicated radio

Love the car but wish they were options that could be avoided.

Old 07-23-2016, 12:33 PM
5 Year Member
Well, I bought my FIT 2015 S package about 3 months ago and 3K mileage on it. I was expecting leather seats but came with normal material. Also, the Fit drive very smooth on good roads, however, on rough roads, I can hear each and every hole, bumps etc. The wheel noise is also quite loud. Overall, I still think it is a solid small car which can last a long time if taken good care of.

Old 07-24-2016, 12:50 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Bob Levine
The FIT is an economy level vehicle and may not have the bells and whistles of higher trim level choices. Shame you didn't note these issues before purchase.

For me, the FIT has too much gadgetry. I wound up purchasing Honda Care to cover the electronics that are expensive if they fail.

What I didn't really want but could not avoid were:

1. Anything associated with phones
2. Back up camera - find it useless in parking - distorts distance
3. Cruise control - I only use my FIT in the city
4. Power windows
5. Automatic self locking doors
6. Complicated radio

Love the car but wish they were options that could be avoided.
which cave did u come from?.. wtf..

Old 07-24-2016, 01:14 PM
Originally Posted by kenchan
which cave did u come from?.. wtf..

I owned a 64 Vette in the days that any power accessories in a Vette made you a wussy wimp.

Traded for a 66 Plymouth Calif Highway Patrol interceptor with a 440 Ramcharger and lock up Torqueflite tranny. Only accessory on that semi-Nascar puppy was a button to remotely open the trunk to get out the shotgun.

Old 11-19-2017, 02:20 PM
Car perfect except for dashboard alignment on driver's side

Originally Posted by carrier
I really haven't had many problems with my 2015 FIT. I have the dashboard misalignment, and have not had anything recalled. I am waiting for the wheel well liner to start sagging, and am pretty sure once I get my first oil change the plastic underbody cover will fall off.

with all these posts about recalls and issues with how cheaply built this car is, I am starting to regret having traded my 2010 in for this one....

I only have 2K miles on it, and am seriously considering trading it in and going upside-down on my loan to get into something that I'm not just waiting to fall apart.

I really like the look of the FIT, the handling (so far), and the mileage. But with all these issues I think the resale value is going to plummet and maybe I should get out before it's too late.

Anyone else have these feelings recently?
Hello- I'm new to the forum.

I'm 51 and have driven nearly everything. My wife and I have had 4 CRVs between us over the years and always trouble free. I was looking at another as a 2nd car, but originally thinking used CRV/HRV/Civic for price reasons. My 4 year old randomly got into the Fit sitting on the showroom. I got in to get him out and found out that even as a 6'2" guy I fit nicely in the Fit. Took one for a test ride, got a great price on a new 2016 Fit EX (sitting around dealer until mid 2017) for $16k and it's been a great car. I'm impressed with the room and the ride is stiff but relatively sporty, handling well at high speed. Wish I had gotten the leather heated seats, but...

Last edited by hamsong; 11-27-2017 at 08:49 AM. Reason: I misdiagnosed something minor as a larger issue
Old 11-19-2017, 03:23 PM
5 Year Member
I have a 2016 Fit LX. Take some photos and post them up here. Though this thread is a bit old people will respond. I don't recall having a 2mm gap near the A pillar. I'll then post mine. Include a ruler or something for scale.

I don't recall anyone trying to take apart the dash plastics in order to realign them for a better Fit (!&!) /alignment.

Old 11-19-2017, 06:20 PM
Originally Posted by TorontoBoy
I have a 2016 Fit LX. Take some photos and post them up here. Though this thread is a bit old people will respond. I don't recall having a 2mm gap near the A pillar. I'll then post mine. Include a ruler or something for scale.

I don't recall anyone trying to take apart the dash plastics in order to realign them for a better Fit (!&!) /alignment.
Hi- It's definitely off. It isn't snug like the right side of the dash/pillar and all of the other new Fits I've looked at are perfect. It was the only black one left and I only wanted black. It's only 2-3mm, but it bugs me. I don't have a ruler, but you can see the gap. In bright light, I can see between the dash and the pillar.
2016 Honda Fit EX driver's side pillar/dash with sagging dash (2-3mm gap between dash and pillar).

Old 11-20-2017, 09:25 PM
5 Year Member
Yes, buyers remorse due to multiple paint issues and defective rear alignment.

Old 11-20-2017, 09:43 PM
5 Year Member
No. Still very happy 3.5 years in.

Old 11-20-2017, 11:01 PM
5 Year Member
I deeply regret buying those two big jars of pickles at Costco last summer (what was I thinking?). But the Fit I just bought? No, no regrets whatsoever.

Old 11-21-2017, 06:32 AM
5 Year Member
8strung, that paint issue is awful! Looks like a warranty issue. What did the Honda dealer say?

Old 11-21-2017, 07:52 AM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
there is a novel on it..

Old 11-21-2017, 05:50 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by hamsong
Hello- I'm new to the forum. I know this is a dead, ancient thread, but I found it looking for my minor issue.

I'm 51 and have driven nearly everything. My wife and I have had 4 CRVs between us over the years and always trouble free. I was looking at another as a 2nd car, but originally thinking used CRV/HRV/Civic for price reasons. My 4 year old randomly got into the Fit sitting on the showroom. I got in to get him out and found out that even as a 6'2" guy I fit nicely in the Fit. Took one for a test ride, got a great price on a new 2016 Fit EX (sitting around dealer until mid 2017) for $16k and it's been a great car. I'm impressed with the room and the ride is stiff but relatively sporty, handling well at high speed. Wish I had gotten the leather heated seats, but...

Anyway, I found this forum searching for my problem. My dashboard is misaligned/sagging about 2mm on the driver's side. I didn't notice this at test drive, but I can see it now looking at the gap between the left window pillar end and the way the VIN is too low in the window on the front glass. It's minor, but it BUGS ME.

I'm curious of anyone else has this and/or if I should complain and get it addressed. I honestly love the car and am getting great mileage and have even taken it on some longer tips with no issues. I would like to see if the dealer can address this defect under warranty (if possible). I don't know what is involved to get it fixed and surprised it was allowed to pass inspection based on the quality and reliability of my previous Hondas (2004, 2005, 2012 and 2016 CRV). I think all Fits are probably the same process, but this was made in Japan.
Mine has the SAME misalignment/gap on the left side of the dashboard of my '15 EX. I know, it's a minor issue, but it's right in my line of sight all the time, so it annoys me. Honda says it's the dealer's responsibility to make it right, and the dealer has replaced the quarter panel trim (which didn't help), and says they can't fix it. I tried to fix it myself. I was able to raise the left side of the dashboard by removing the quarter window trim piece and adding a 1/8 spacer under the left dashboard screw. I still can't fix the gap between the quarter window trim and the "A" pillar trim. Both pieces miss "snapping together" by a good 1/8 inch.

I have to figure that this issue, and the sagging front bumper fascia is Honda's passive/aggressive way of telling us "you bought a cheap car you cheapskate. If you wanted a GOOD car, you should have sprung for an Accord".

Last edited by Uncle Gary; 11-21-2017 at 05:54 PM.
Old 11-21-2017, 05:54 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Bob Levine
I owned a 64 Vette in the days that any power accessories in a Vette made you a wussy wimp.

Traded for a 66 Plymouth Calif Highway Patrol interceptor with a 440 Ramcharger and lock up Torqueflite tranny. Only accessory on that semi-Nascar puppy was a button to remotely open the trunk to get out the shotgun.
Welcome to the 21st century.