Good sub for the 2015 EXL

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2014, 12:28 AM
Originally Posted by Bigbadvoodooguru
ive mocked up some boxes of different sizes, pulled from some of the more popular under seat subs. Nothing really fits "under" the seat. Some of them fit halfway, but I haven't found one that will fully sit under the seat without compromising the rear passenger footwell.

I was asking about the stock components, if there were power ratings and resistance on them. Doesn't help to know 70w RMS at 4 ohms. Also, makes sense you don't care about tweeters because you didn't have any.
Hondas stereo's all use 4-ohm. You can prob bet the RMS rating of the stock fit is around 15-20 watts a channel for 4 speaker base/LX and 10 watts x2 for tweeters and 15 to 20 watts RMS x4 for the full range drivers in the doors for 6spkr system.

Old 11-14-2014, 03:02 AM
5 Year Member
I have two sets of infinity kappa's coax installed in my car for 1 month before I decided to go crazy and upgraded to all Audison Voce speakers and amp. The infinity sounded great for what they cost. I will be posted mine for sell for $100 both sets.
Infinity Kappa 62.9I 6.5" Kappa Series Car Speakers

Old 11-15-2014, 05:25 PM
Have you found a subwoofer yet? I got this:Walmart: Kicker PT250 10" Subwoofer with Built-In 100W Amplifier

from Craigslist for $100 new( pretty sure it was stolen) and you don't need power amp for it. Unless you're an extreme bass head, this is more than enough and very compact.
The bass is actually overwhelming at just half the intensity so I keep mine toggled at 3 out of 11.

Old 11-15-2014, 06:04 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by xancholy
.....have the EXL-Navi..have pics and directions of how you ran the wiring out of the EXL radio amp? How did you wire in the powered sub?
YOur objective is too add bass to the OEM system. Mine was a bit different. Wanted to keep the OEM head unit but improve its all-around performance. Therefore I got a sound processor which has f & r speaker outputs, plus a dedicated sub-woofer output (all RCA).

For your situation, you'll have to tap the speaker wires from the L & R speaker (front or rear, not both) and hook them to the powered sub's inputs. Best to use the door speaker wires rather than tapping the OEM HU harness. Not the tidiest way, but certainly the quickest and simplest.

Why do it yourself?? You learn lots about the Fit. How things come apart and if anything ever goes wrong, you can trouble-shoot immediately instead of paying a shop $ for labor. Have literally taken my interior apart and it took almost a month to do all my installs but the learning curve jumped dramatically.

Was it worth it? For what I wanted - a quieter sub-compact, plus audiophile-like sounds - definitely yes!!!! At 80mph, virtually no wind noise, crystal clear sound, firm solid bass, zero distortion.

Good luck. Take your time, research more, analyze your options carefully and you'll end up with the results your after.

Don't forget, when you start the install, as with anything electrical in a vehicle, unhook the negative battery terminal before touching any of those wires.

Old 11-22-2014, 10:24 AM
are there any unused grommets or easy feed-through points on the firewall to run the power cable to the amp? In the past I've poked a hole in the main wire boot, following a "tutorial" online. But on a brand new car I, personally, can't drill into the metal. What did you do?

Old 11-23-2014, 10:22 AM
I too am interested in adding just a sub to the Fit to even out the weak 1/3 of the sound system. The trick is where to tap into the speaker wires?

Old 01-25-2015, 05:29 PM
I am planning to tap into the speaker wires at the doors too, I can't bring myself to cut a new loom and there seems to be enough space in the door grommets.

I will be making a fibreglass and mdf box to house a slim mount 10 inch sub and building it so that it is tucked into the right rear corner and not over hanging the spare wheel cover. When I have the cash, I might buy one of those small amps and hide it up behind the glove box as on the right hand drive cars atleast, there is enough space up there but for now I will be recycling a very old MTX amp and attaching it to one of the back seat support frames so that it is out of the way both when the seats are down and when they are folded up.

Old 01-25-2015, 06:22 PM
Originally Posted by nicco
I am planning to tap into the speaker wires at the doors too, I can't bring myself to cut a new loom and there seems to be enough space in the door grommets.

I will be making a fibreglass and mdf box to house a slim mount 10 inch sub and building it so that it is tucked into the right rear corner and not over hanging the spare wheel cover. When I have the cash, I might buy one of those small amps and hide it up behind the glove box as on the right hand drive cars atleast, there is enough space up there but for now I will be recycling a very old MTX amp and attaching it to one of the back seat support frames so that it is out of the way both when the seats are down and when they are folded up.
I just spliced into the rear door wires yesterday. I used 14 or 16 gauge stranded speaker wire, and it fits all right. I had to use a fish wire in order to get the wire through the boot, but it worked fine. I just soldered the additional wires to the tabs on each speaker.

Old 05-12-2015, 07:03 PM
5 Year Member
Nice post!!!, just as information, there are some adapters mount for HONDA speaker and wires too

Honda-Acura Speaker Mount Plates Adapters

Honda-Acura wire concectors Metra 72-7800

More details in this post

Hope this information helps you...

Luis
Honda Fit Sport 2013 - Vortex Blue Pearl

Last edited by luismycorreo; 05-12-2015 at 07:17 PM.