Gas Mileage for Canadian Owners?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2007, 09:56 PM
5 Year Member
Gas Mileage for Canadian Owners?

hello!

I am a Canadian from the Toronto area. THe most i've gotten on a tank is around 45 MPG (Canadian).

What have other Canadian gotten?

Old 05-05-2007, 10:36 AM
Originally Posted by schism25
hello!

I am a Canadian from the Toronto area. THe most i've gotten on a tank is around 45 MPG (Canadian).

What have other Canadian gotten?
I just drove to Rossland B.C and was driving spirited through the mountains, i haven't calculated my mileage yet but i got just over 500 kms on the tank. Mine has a m/t btw.

Old 05-05-2007, 11:36 AM
5 Year Member
I went to Logan Lake to Kamloops to Lumby, back to Kamloops then to Logan Lake again over 4 days, plus some running around in each town. I put on over 1150 kms, and she used just shy of 2 tanks of gas. Averaged about 120 km/h (cruise control, yaaaay!)
Worked out to about 15 km/L.
This works for me!
And she's a MT Sport who has yet to tell me her permanent name, lol.
BTW, which dealership do you work at, if ya don't mind me asking?

Originally Posted by 1RMDave
I just drove to Rossland B.C and was driving spirited through the mountains, i haven't calculated my mileage yet but i got just over 500 kms on the tank. Mine has a m/t btw.

Old 05-05-2007, 01:25 PM
I work at McFadden Honda in Lethbridge. Used just shy of one tank of fuel driving from Lethbridge to Rossland. On a side note, its odd I'm the only one at the dealship out of the mechanics anyway that likes the Fit. I mean they think its good from a reliability stand point but they can't understand why I would buy one.... guess they are too old to have any fun

Old 05-07-2007, 02:05 AM
5 Year Member
I just got my Fit two Fridays ago and I'm LOVING it. It's an AT...drove 450km on one tank. Is that good? I don't know how many litres the Fit holds.

Old 05-07-2007, 05:58 PM
Best I got in the city is 39.5mpg. I'm sure I'll be high 40's low 50's on the highway. I'm running full synthetic motor oil and I'm using a highflow intake.

Here guys. You can use this.

Fuel economy calculator litres per kilometre miles per gallon kilometer

Last edited by MarkB; 05-07-2007 at 06:01 PM.
Old 05-15-2007, 11:00 PM
If I may interject, for those wishing to track their mileage, there is something they should always do when filling up:
  • Get a printed receipt (contains the amount of fuel added and price paid)
  • Write on that receipt your current odometer reading (not your trip meter)

Mileage is just the distance travelled compared to fuel used between consecutive fills. But doing the math is tedium. You could build or buy your own spreadsheet/database, but there is a fabulous online resource that will do all the work for you: http://www.spritmonitor.de The site is German-native, and some bits of it haven't been localized for English yet, but it's not hard to use. TIP: Look for the British flag in the top-right corner. Set up a personal account profile, create vehicle profiles, and start tracking with the receipts you're collecting from the gas station. You can also indicate driving style, type of roadway used, tire type, and grade of fuel. With all that information it can give you some meaningful analysis. Best of all, it provides a way to compare your results with other people's vehicles of the same type or class, and you can get your own mileage reading to include in your signature (like what you see in this post, below).