Fit Freak Newbie / FAQs New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted. FAQs will also be answered here.

New KS fit owner

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2013, 03:10 PM
New KS fit owner

Hello all, first Fit and first Honda owner here. Just bought a 2008 Fit Sport manual with about 49k miles. I'm not very experienced with working on cars, but I'm trying to learn, and it looks like this forum will be a lot of help.

I do have a couple concerns. First, I did get into a minor wreck with it already. The morning after I bought it, I was driving to get money to pay for insurance (of course), and a lady ran a red light and clipped the back of it. It was rainy, so I pretty much just slid a lot. It felt pretty awful, but when I got out and looked, this was the damage done:

It seems to drive just fine, but of course I'll be getting it looked at just to be sure. My question is, besides alignment, is there anything else I should be concerned about?

My second concern is the shifting. It doesn't exactly slide right into gear, in fact it's not smooth at all, usually. It's the original shift knob, which is falling apart. From what I've read, I'm not the only one that has had this problem. Seems like a lot of people are going with the skunk2, but I was considering this one. If this is a bad idea, please let me know

Old 03-13-2013, 04:36 PM
5 Year Member
Welcome to the forum. It does not have a lot of miles on it. Do you have any of the maintenance records? I would check and see if the manual transmission fluid was changed and maybe have the transmission checked for the rough shifting.