Fit Freak Newbie / FAQs New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted. FAQs will also be answered here.

FIT in China

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2015, 02:42 AM
FIT in China

nihao from China, I'm an American expat (seven years and counting) in Wuhan, China, and my wife finally wore me down and got me to buy a car. After giving up on the used market where used cars occasionally sell for more than they would new, we settled on a base model CVT Fit after we discovered that they're going for about 20,000 CNY (~$3200) less than we expected and fell into our price range. CVT made sense because manuals had three times the waiting period, cost only marginally less thanks to a fuel economy rebate on the CVT, and CVT should resell better here.

I'd rather be cycling most of the time - it would certainly help if my wife ever had the time to work her way through the draconian process of getting her license here but that's not likely for at least a couple years. Either way, it seems like a good idea to get a foot in here so we can try to make the most of what we've paid for.

Old 05-28-2015, 11:27 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Fat Dragon
nihao from China, I'm an American expat (seven years and counting) in Wuhan, China, and my wife finally wore me down and got me to buy a car. After giving up on the used market where used cars occasionally sell for more than they would new, we settled on a base model CVT Fit after we discovered that they're going for about 20,000 CNY (~$3200) less than we expected and fell into our price range. CVT made sense because manuals had three times the waiting period, cost only marginally less thanks to a fuel economy rebate on the CVT, and CVT should resell better here.

I'd rather be cycling most of the time - it would certainly help if my wife ever had the time to work her way through the draconian process of getting her license here but that's not likely for at least a couple years. Either way, it seems like a good idea to get a foot in here so we can try to make the most of what we've paid for.
I'm also a newbie here so not sure if welcome is appropriate. Living in CN too so if you have any questions wrt to service, aft market parts etc hit me up on pm.

Old 05-28-2015, 09:02 PM
Originally Posted by CN_Fit
I'm also a newbie here so not sure if welcome is appropriate. Living in CN too so if you have any questions wrt to service, aft market parts etc hit me up on pm.
Definitely keep you in mind if I need anything. How long have you had yours, and where are you at, if I may ask?

Old 05-28-2015, 09:16 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Fat Dragon
Definitely keep you in mind if I need anything. How long have you had yours, and where are you at, if I may ask?
GZ area, have mine since June, still holding up