Honda Fit Dealer Reviews Here is your chance to vent bad experiences with your local dealer or praise them for exceptional service! Please include the Dealer name, City, State and Country in the Title of your post. Help fellow FitFreaks find good dealers and avoid bad ones.

John Eagle Honda-Dallas, TX

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2008, 11:59 PM
Thumbs down John Eagle Honda-Dallas, TX

Most annoying and idiotic dealership we went to and we went to several of them. We called that morning (June this past summer) and they had just received a shipment of 5 Fits. We told them what we were looking for and that we would be there soon and we did not want anything done to the car. We get there two hours later, it's in detailing with tint, wheel locks, a cargo tray, bumper cover and whatever other random other junk they could think of to raise the price to 18,700. My fiance works for another auto dealership so we obviously knew how badly they were trying to rip us off on it. The salesman was rude as was his sales manager. We kept going outside and talking and finally he came out and said "you're wasting our time, take it for 17,100 or leave." We took it, because yeah for that price, the add ons made it break almost even. We bought the VBP Sport. I would personally never buy a car there again. Their excuse for the price was the quality of service we would get with repairs and regular service even after we told them we lived too far away to care, they did take off some because of that...eventually. It was just a bad experience.

Old 09-16-2008, 02:05 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by azul
Most annoying and idiotic dealership we went to and we went to several of them. We called that morning (June this past summer) and they had just received a shipment of 5 Fits. We told them what we were looking for and that we would be there soon and we did not want anything done to the car. We get there two hours later, it's in detailing with tint, wheel locks, a cargo tray, bumper cover and whatever other random other junk they could think of to raise the price to 18,700. My fiance works for another auto dealership so we obviously knew how badly they were trying to rip us off on it. The salesman was rude as was his sales manager. We kept going outside and talking and finally he came out and said "you're wasting our time, take it for 17,100 or leave." We took it, because yeah for that price, the add ons made it break almost even. We bought the VBP Sport. I would personally never buy a car there again. Their excuse for the price was the quality of service we would get with repairs and regular service even after we told them we lived too far away to care, they did take off some because of that...eventually. It was just a bad experience.

damn sounds like a bad experience. if your looking for another car just come to gunn honda. it would be worth the trip!!!

Old 09-16-2008, 02:23 PM
You should have just judo chopped them in the throat. . .maybe a last resort, but always works

Old 09-23-2008, 06:54 PM
I had a very bad experience with this dealer too. I bought a car from the pre own department and had the idea that the car was working well. They told me that several things were changed to the car and that it was running pretty well. For personal reasons, I moved out from Dallas and as soon as I got to another place the car broke not even before I had it for ONE month!!!!!! I had to take the car to the shop and there they found that a lot of pieces in the engine were damanged and needed to be replaced. In this dealer I was told that the car had warranty and I called them so that the could pay for the expenses, and they didn't returned my calls and I ended up paying around $1,500 more. Now I'm pretty sure that I will not get that money back from the "warranty" that the car has....Fortunately the guy that fixed the car left it very well and now it's working excellent.