General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Is Honda manufacturing manual transmission Fits?

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2010, 04:33 AM
Is Honda manufacturing manual transmission Fits?

Each time I speak to the salesman through whom we placed our order for a Fit Sport manual transmission, the vaguely estimated delivery date slips by a few weeks. Two dealers have told me Honda does not allow them to order manual transmission Fits. My question: Has Honda decided covertly not to ship manual transmission Fits to the US? It could make business sense: If Honda can sell all the Fits it can make by equipping them with automatic transmissions, thereby both simplifying the build process and making higher profits, why would Honda manufacture any manual transmission Fits for the US? I heard two months ago that Honda was allocating only 15% of the Fit build to manual transmissions, but I'm starting to wonder whether the percentage is now zero.

Old 12-09-2010, 10:14 PM
I think the salesman is feeding you some BS. Sure there are more automatics being built but I am sure if you get online and search for new Fit's with Manual you will find lots out there and the Dealer can do the same thing and get it transferred to them but they would rather sell you something from their lot. Like I said. BS.

I did a quick search on autotrader.com said i wanted new Honda Fit 2008-2010 with manual transmission and got 1228 cars back. The dealer is just trying to sell his inventory instead of satisfying customers. Push them a little and see what he says. The dealer can do a search of dealers all over and see where a manual would be.

Last edited by waross; 12-09-2010 at 10:25 PM.
Old 12-16-2010, 12:57 PM
5 Year Member
New Cars for Sale: Listings Near 46298 - Cars.com change the zip code and range to make it more convenient for you. I just picked one in Indianapolis.

The newer the listing, the more likely you'll actually get the car, since older listings may have sold but not have time to get taken off.

Before I got my Fit, I placed an order for a Sport w/Navi... they delayed me twice... so I canceled it. Looked around and missed one, then I found a listing on cars.com for a Fit that was still on its way (I caught it the day the listing came up). Went to the dealer the next day to put a reserve on it, and picked it up the next week.

Compared to other buyers, I overpaid some. But considering the market at the time and the amount, I'm okay with it. I already paid off my 5 yr loan, in 5 months.

Last edited by Goobers; 12-16-2010 at 01:01 PM.