1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

Water leak between door and door panels?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2011, 03:50 PM
Leaking water AGAIN!!

About a year after I bought my 2007 Fit brand new, I noticed wetness on the floor of the backseat. I brought it to the dealer, they diagnosed it as a problem with the seals, gave me a complementary rent a car, "fixed" the seals, replaces the carpets, no problem. 4 years later, we've had alot of rain and I noticed the same problem on the drivers side back floor. Took it to the dealer, they told me they would contact American Honda since its not under warranty anymore, I'd have to pay $75 for them to diagnose the problem, and IF they saw it was the same problem, they'd look into asking American Honda to do me the "favor" of fixing it again. After my car being there for 7 hours, the rep called me and said the back in bone dry, there cant find any leak at all, maybe I just spilled something. HELLO!!! ITS THE SAME FREAKIN PROBLEM!!!!! NO I DIDN'T SPILL ANYTHING!! I am so livid right now I am shaking. I will be going back to the dealer and fighting this tooth and nail. This is total BS!! Obviously there is a manufactures defect but since its not covered under warranty, they wanna give me a hard time...

Old 09-07-2011, 01:41 PM
Originally Posted by belairn57
About a year after I bought my 2007 Fit brand new, I noticed wetness on the floor of the backseat. I brought it to the dealer, they diagnosed it as a problem with the seals, gave me a complementary rent a car, "fixed" the seals, replaces the carpets, no problem. 4 years later, we've had alot of rain and I noticed the same problem on the drivers side back floor. Took it to the dealer, they told me they would contact American Honda since its not under warranty anymore, I'd have to pay $75 for them to diagnose the problem, and IF they saw it was the same problem, they'd look into asking American Honda to do me the "favor" of fixing it again. After my car being there for 7 hours, the rep called me and said the back in bone dry, there cant find any leak at all, maybe I just spilled something. HELLO!!! ITS THE SAME FREAKIN PROBLEM!!!!! NO I DIDN'T SPILL ANYTHING!! I am so livid right now I am shaking. I will be going back to the dealer and fighting this tooth and nail. This is total BS!! Obviously there is a manufactures defect but since its not covered under warranty, they wanna give me a hard time...

GET RID OF THE CAR NOW! Im serious...this is going to be a continuing problem for you. My 2008 Fit took 5 trips back to the shop for water leaks...the most recent was in March. Each time they claimed it was fixed. I just traded my Fit in 2 weeks ago for a 2011 Subaru Impreza 5 door....the week before the trade in Hurricane Irene came through and guess what....back floor boards DRIPPING wet. I didnt bother taking it back to Honda at that point I just got rid of it.

Honda may be known for having reliable cars HOWEVER when they do have a car that turns up with a defect (which may be rare) they do not stand behind their product and will place the blame on everyone but themselves.

I did fight them about this (google Magusson Moss Warranty Act) and did end up with a settlement....but of course half the money I got had to go into paying the difference in what I owed to get rid of my car...when I purchased the car I had no intention of getting rid of it when it was only 3 years old. I purchased a Honda because I thought I would have it for 10 years.

I will never buy another Honda again.

Old 09-07-2011, 08:42 PM
I'm not sure how long mine has been leaking. I had garage parked my 07 for the first several years. The only times my back seats ever got used were when my wife took my car with the kids. I had been blaming my wife for letting the kids throw drinks and food on the floor for floor being wet and the mold starting to grow on the back passenger side floor. I was a bit baffled as to how they managed to get the entire section of carpet soaked. There have been several times since then that I have went to lay the back seats down to haul something after a rain storm and the rear passenger floor has been soaked when the kids have not been in the car. At this point I'm probably screwed for getting it fixed though as my car is way out of warranty. I have contemplated several times ripping out the back carpeting and replacing it with something like rhino lining.

On a side note for Honda customer service, I loved how when I had my headlight recall done (after the same headlight had failed for the second time). The dealer told me my recall work was done, but my headlight was burned out and they could replace it for a nominal fee of $40.....

Old 09-19-2011, 01:49 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by spin out
why not just print the linked bulletin (on the other thread) and bring that to the dealer???
Which other thread are you talking about? I'm having a leak in my Fit.

Old 09-19-2011, 03:25 PM
Is from doors or doors panel, maybe from rubber door( i don't what the call).
I have same problem of water can get into from my driver side and rubber was torn. I continue to replace the rubber door. and water no longer get into again.
So maybe try to replace the rubber.
I hope it can help you.

Old 09-19-2011, 08:04 PM
HELP! My Fit is Flooding!

We just found standing water in the rear floor area of our Fit. Now we're finding cracked flooring seals (not sure what they're really called - between carpet and actual under carriage of the car) rust spots directly under the carpet...etc. Honda's reaction has NOT BEEN HELPFUL....cause it's not recalled. I'm trying to fill out every national complaint form I can to help this get problem recalled. Any updates for anyone else with this or very similar problem?

Old 09-19-2011, 08:13 PM
Originally Posted by AmazingGrayce
GET RID OF THE CAR NOW! Im serious...this is going to be a continuing problem for you. My 2008 Fit took 5 trips back to the shop for water leaks...the most recent was in March. Each time they claimed it was fixed. I just traded my Fit in 2 weeks ago for a 2011 Subaru Impreza 5 door....the week before the trade in Hurricane Irene came through and guess what....back floor boards DRIPPING wet. I didnt bother taking it back to Honda at that point I just got rid of it.

Honda may be known for having reliable cars HOWEVER when they do have a car that turns up with a defect (which may be rare) they do not stand behind their product and will place the blame on everyone but themselves.

I did fight them about this (google Magusson Moss Warranty Act) and did end up with a settlement....but of course half the money I got had to go into paying the difference in what I owed to get rid of my car...when I purchased the car I had no intention of getting rid of it when it was only 3 years old. I purchased a Honda because I thought I would have it for 10 years.

I will never buy another Honda again.
What did the dealer say about it when you went to trade in for new car?

Old 09-20-2011, 12:01 AM
so actually still under warranty right? or the warranty not cover for corrosion?
U have try to talk with manager or general manager of honda dealer. And that not ur fault u know.