1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

engine sees to miss fire when fan comes on.

Old 05-26-2010, 06:16 PM
5 Year Member
Unhappy No we don't have 2 live with it.

Okay the coil packs that Honda uses are sometimes problematic. So a better source of CP are needed. I found this @ RockAuto Parts
Airtex Coil pack $94.79 each ouch!
Denso 4504 $2.61 each Titanium 2x tip
Denso 5304 $7.86 each Iridum

I see other coil packs for 65.-

Last edited by Perrenoud Fit; 05-26-2010 at 06:39 PM.
Old 05-27-2010, 04:28 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Perrenoud Fit
Okay the coil packs that Honda uses are sometimes problematic. So a better source of CP are needed. I found this @ RockAuto Parts
Airtex Coil pack $94.79 each ouch!
Denso 4504 $2.61 each Titanium 2x tip
Denso 5304 $7.86 each Iridum

I see other coil packs for 65.-
Thanks. I'll keep this in mind (bookmarked the site). I was looking to pick up another 4 Dunlop Star Specs 15s...they'd actually be cheaper than 4 of those coil packs. haha.

Old 05-27-2010, 02:21 PM
5 Year Member
Ya I was Surprized @ the price of the coils myself. There are less expensive ones but R.A. usally carries reliable parts.

Old 06-01-2010, 03:40 PM
After the dealership replacing I am starting to have little misses every now and again. With or w/o A/C it happens. I will have to byte the dust, so to speak, if they (the coil packs) go out. I think Honda should pay

Old 06-01-2010, 03:50 PM
thank you all for the updated info... but isn't that like a Corporation: we know the problem may exist but cannot fix it!!

Old 03-16-2011, 09:46 PM
I already changed my plugs to ngk iradium and pump 93 octane... changed the plugs because of engine stutter and couldn't go over 4,000rpms. its been a month now and just today after I got off work and drove half way home. I seen the engine light come on but it keeps blinking none stop. I unhooked the battery to see if it helps but man I don't know if its gonna stay off. this really makes me hate honda FITS now.!!!!!!! even if the car was under warrenty honda would not fix it. why I say that seen a video on youtube. and this guy had an 08 model like mines. but he had 11,000 miles and was still under warrenty but honda refused to fix his car. to me honda just wants money before they do anything to fix the problem.. honda sucks to me now.!!!!! I'm going with nissan from now on. my gf got a nissan 2 years already and no problem at all. my car the first year I had problems already fuck honda man.... they should put this as a RECALLLL and fix the problem for free...

Old 03-16-2011, 11:21 PM
Originally Posted by F-IT!!!
I already changed my plugs to ngk iradium and pump 93 octane... changed the plugs because of engine stutter and couldn't go over 4,000rpms. its been a month now and just today after I got off work and drove half way home. I seen the engine light come on but it keeps blinking none stop. I unhooked the battery to see if it helps but man I don't know if its gonna stay off. this really makes me hate honda FITS now.!!!!!!! even if the car was under warrenty honda would not fix it. why I say that seen a video on youtube. and this guy had an 08 model like mines. but he had 11,000 miles and was still under warrenty but honda refused to fix his car. to me honda just wants money before they do anything to fix the problem.. honda sucks to me now.!!!!! I'm going with nissan from now on. my gf got a nissan 2 years already and no problem at all. my car the first year I had problems already fuck honda man.... they should put this as a RECALLLL and fix the problem for free...

Wow. I don't even know where to start on that post.

Old 03-17-2011, 11:55 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by F-IT!!!
Not so fast on buying a Nissan. Watch out for rusted subframe bolts that bust when you look at them and then there are the fuel filler tubes that rust and need replacing. If you look at consumer reports you'll see that pretty much all cars are of lower quality and reliability compared with cars from the late 90's and early 2000's. I've had more problems with my fit than with all six previous Honda's combined and sadly it's still probably one of the most reliable new cars around. Kitchen appliances are the same way. They used to last 25 years and now they last five or six.

Old 03-17-2011, 12:38 PM
90,000 plus miles and it still stutters.

Hi guys,
I have not been able to solve this issue. To be honest...I now just drive with it and plan to dump the car once it fails for good. I will never buy another honda. Honda has been of no help. Honda needs to see this as a honda flaw then recall and find a fix for it.

My frontier crew cab never gave me a moments trouble. This shitty fit is shit.

Old 03-17-2011, 01:16 PM
5 Year Member
coilpacks can be had for $63 each at bernardi, however in my case there was only 1 bad CP causing misfiring. if you get a Check Engine Light you can figure out which cylinder it is with an OBD2 scanner and just replace the 1. however, this didn't fix my stuttering issue, only the CEL/misfiring. my stuttering was only happening when the car was cold/the outside was really cold..mostly mornings and at night.

to fix the stuttering i had to take it to a knowledgable mech to get the valves adjusted. apparently it's pretty common with fits, but not to a point where mechanics at honda will know about it. since you're at 90k mi you're due for a valve adjustment anyways. it was $125 for me in NorCal to get done.

afterwards i used some fuel injector cleaner to make sure everythings nice and clean... no stuttering anymore

Old 03-17-2011, 01:34 PM
Ask for a recall

Hi guys,
I just filed a report with the National Traffic Safety Administration.
This is where you go to ask that a recall be made. There is no guarantee that it will happen but the chances get better with every report made. Please call them with you stutter issue and lets at least try to get a re call going.
you can call in a report at 888-327-4236

Old 03-17-2011, 01:43 PM
5 Year Member
workunit here's a few threads people have made with the same issue:

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...lling-out.html

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...d-stutter.html (this is the big/main thread)

Old 03-18-2011, 07:34 PM
I am taking the fit back into honda next week. They are willing to run a few test. I will take what they have to say but do not plan on letting them do any work that I can do myself. I will let them adjust the heads if they can get me to believe that that is the problem. They have run their test twice before but could not duplicate the trouble. The fit stutters more now that it did then ...so I hope they can see it in action. They did say that the test should show a soft code seeing that the engin light does come on and off at times.

Old 06-27-2011, 07:18 PM
Originally Posted by neeksands
I have the same problem with my 08 Sport. I talked with the region rep and this is another known problem. It appears one of the coils (could be a different one each time) misfires and temporarily causes a mini misfire but not enough to throw an error code. You can replace all the coils and it still can return. If you're lucky a tech can pick up the misfire while monitoring and they replace the coils under warranty. After Honda told me they know of the problem but do not have a permanent fix and it's "periodic", they would do nothing more so I have had to learn to live with it.
Does anyone have an idea what the long term effects will be? I have a 2007 and it started hesitating at 50K. Has been in the shop multiple times and being told its gas quality. Has anyone heard that?

Old 07-06-2011, 04:49 PM
Also miss-firing here

I have a 2007 Fit and yesterday bought my third battery. I have 85,000 miles. I had noticed this mis-firing feeling you described, mostly at a stop with the AC fan on high. Soon after installing my new battery yesterday my car mis-fired then died at a light. It's been running rough since. Like really low idle at times--right below 1000 rpms. I figured I just need service as I have done very little to this car.