1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

Anyone have a loose drivers side window??

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2010, 05:35 PM
Anyone have a loose drivers side window??

When my drivers side window is down 3/4 or 1/2 way down and I close the door it makes a terrible noise. The window is loose. Initially the dealer agreed but then said they are just like that.
Any feedback?

Old 04-01-2010, 09:55 PM
5 Year Member
I think mine is a little loose. It rattles from time to time. But not like swaying lol

Old 04-01-2010, 10:02 PM
5 Year Member
mines the same way for both driver and passenger windows even when i drive

Old 04-01-2010, 10:05 PM
5 Year Member
When I am driving with mine partially down it rattles just a little but when it is all the way up or down it doesn't..... I guess it is because it gets more use than the other windows, you know throwing out beer bottles and stuff like that.

Old 04-02-2010, 01:31 AM
Amazing...I just drove home from Cali to Las Vegas and had the window partially rolled down and could hear rattling. Glad to hear I'm not the only one.

I gotta say I love my Fit but after just two years it's starting to show signs of why it is a $16k car. I'm having some durability issues w/ the interior big time. Sqeeky driver's seat, peeling material on the steering wheel, plastic that scratches with the slightest contact, a rattling dash and now this. Arg!

Old 04-02-2010, 01:47 AM
5 Year Member
I heard some squeaking a couple of nights ago when I was driving on a bumpy surface but fortunately I didn't hear it today.... The plastic, steering wheel and dash are fine though I think because my window tint is so dark.... I have tires with higher than stock load rating and lowered my tire pressure accordingly and even with after market springs the dash doesn't rattle..... Maybe it does though, I need new hearing aids..... My car will be 4 years old in July.

Old 04-02-2010, 01:51 AM
Mines lose but everything gets loose in my car with the subs lol but I did notice 3/4 the way down it's super bad

Old 04-02-2010, 02:16 PM
Originally Posted by CHERK
Amazing...I just drove home from Cali to Las Vegas and had the window partially rolled down and could hear rattling. Glad to hear I'm not the only one.

I gotta say I love my Fit but after just two years it's starting to show signs of why it is a $16k car. I'm having some durability issues w/ the interior big time. Sqeeky driver's seat, peeling material on the steering wheel, plastic that scratches with the slightest contact, a rattling dash and now this. Arg!

Jarstl-My noise for the window is only when I close the door with the window down. Yeah, I notice my driver's seat squeeks when I move at all. My dash rattles when it gets cold, when I go over bumps. When the temperature gets warm no rattles. When does your dash rattle? I agree, I love my fit, and for $16k there will be issues.

Old 04-02-2010, 02:25 PM
I don't want it to sound like I'm ragging on the Fit. I love my Fit and wouldn't trade it, even though it has a few quirks. My dash rattle also seems to dissapear when the temp warms up.

Old 04-02-2010, 04:39 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by CHERK
I don't want it to sound like I'm ragging on the Fit. I love my Fit and wouldn't trade it, even though it has a few quirks. My dash rattle also seems to dissapear when the temp warms up.
My dash rattle seems to disappear when my amp's turned up

Old 04-02-2010, 06:46 PM
5 Year Member
Yea, and I find that that is crap quality. I have more bad news concerning the Fit that I plan to post soon.

Old 04-02-2010, 10:00 PM
5 Year Member
Flat plastic panels that are loosely secured with snap together clips are prone to working loose and rattling.... Motor scooters and big dressers like Goldwings do the same thing after a period of time especially if they are disassembled and the plastic clips are used over and over and lose strength.... High tire pressures, stiff shocks, springs and rough roads will take their toll on any vehicle over time..... I think the time is approaching when some people will bitch about the inevitable squeaks and rattles and either get rid of their cars, learn to live with the annoyance or find solutions to eliminate and prevent the problems from occurring.

Old 04-03-2010, 12:20 PM
5 Year Member
I guess it is no lexus/benz/bmwer or whatever. It gets me from point AtoB.

Old 04-03-2010, 01:14 PM
5 Year Member
I don't think there is all that much difference between the Fit and more expensive cars quality wise.... For the most part they are just coated with thicker carpet, sound deadening material and spray....The small FWD cars of the 70s and 80s that were about the same size as a Fit didn't have as much plastic, glass, electrical components and sound deadening material.... They were louder and more prone to having rust problems but were slow to develop rattles.... They also were not as powerful or heavy so even with less braking and tire surface some of them like the Rabbit were great handling and as fast or faster than the cars of today most like them in size and carrying capacity.... I am one that will either solution the things that are annoying or learn to ignore them. I think that most people will just get whatever is on a dealers lot, drive it until problems arise and repeat that procedure until death... The cars I drove more often than not were ones that the owner was frustrated with that needed very little money spent on parts but required a few minutes to hours of labor and maybe a trip to the wrecking yard and used tire shop. Fit Freak or I will probably be dead and gone before I get rid of my Fit.

Old 04-03-2010, 06:15 PM
It's not v tec lol it's v attack lol

Old 04-03-2010, 11:55 PM
open the door up and see what's causing the rattling, might be a screw, or something you could add cushion...??