1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

What did you do to the GD Fit today?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2011, 01:47 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Hootie
Started it for the first time in two weeks as well as checked the tire pressure.

You know its been a while since you've drove when you can't your car keys.
I can't find mine, maybe tomorrow they will show up.

Old 01-18-2011, 03:09 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Perrenoud Fit
Mine has the same hole I bet. I have all kinds of plugs and stuff I have collected over the years. So for this set of pix I just painted a plug and it's not too noticable unless your look'n 4it.
I'll still send ya a Honda plate,
Mike
So about a year ago i got my bumper replaced cause of a fenderbender, and i took off the the license frame thingy before i brought the car in... when i got the car back i was pissed! but now i guess that whole comes with it?

Old 01-18-2011, 03:15 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenmei
no, still waiting...he said he will be shipping it on the 10th (last week) from FL... so hoping for tomorrow..

also, i did a mini-detail today... using back to black that ryanroland recommended for all the black plastic/rubber. it was starting to fad/get white/oxidized. the stuff worked like a charm! i got a little adventurous and put some on the lip. it made it a tiny bit shinier so i'm pretty happy!

also armorall-ed everything and cleaned the windows. with my luck it will rain tomorrow!
i dont think it will rain tomorrow, but its crazy foggy! ive been meaning to do something about all the black trim though... how do you apply it and what happens if you get it on the paint?

Old 01-18-2011, 09:02 AM
Sanded my new garnish last night. 400 grit wet. Cleaned with wax remover, and applied 3 coats sandable primer. Will be wet sanding tonight with 800 grit and painting trim black.

Old 01-18-2011, 01:53 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by JayRoc
i dont think it will rain tomorrow, but its crazy foggy! ive been meaning to do something about all the black trim though... how do you apply it and what happens if you get it on the paint?

clean it first
apply a good amount
let it dry
and use a different wrag to buff/polish it

and your done.

it's safe with your cars paint also

Old 01-18-2011, 02:39 PM
Installed my N1Concepts CF spoiler today
Name:  WP_000083.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  294.9 KB
Name:  WP_000085.jpg
Views: 93
Size:  151.0 KB
These Rims going on tomorrow with eibach springs too!
Name:  WP_000079.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  128.6 KB

I haven't seen a DIY for the CF wings and it seems like a good number of ppl are scared to order them because they have to drill holes but it is super easy. Should I do I DIY for it? I have a few pics of the holes and how i plugged the oem ones for later use.

Old 01-18-2011, 03:53 PM
I say you do the dyi. There is not one on here. Alot of people are scared to do it as well as sidemarkers because of that. So do it. Looks great. I really want a duck bill, but dont like cf. Any idea where I can get a non cf one?

Old 01-18-2011, 05:13 PM
^^PM kelsodeez I'm pretty sure he can get something for u in your car color just not BOM

I'll do the DIY after work tonight.

Old 01-18-2011, 06:18 PM
5 Year Member
Fixed my headlight problem today. Pain in the balls. Needed a new relay harness for the HID projector retrofits.

Old 01-18-2011, 06:45 PM
5 Year Member
I was feeling bad about my car sitting so long without being driven so I went out for groceries... The last time I bought gas it was 291.9 and now its 331.9.... In really think we are getting screwed pretty bad and it is going to be stuck to us much worse real soon

Old 01-18-2011, 06:47 PM
5 Year Member
Not sure if I heard right but i remember something on the news saying not be be surprised when gas hits 4+ this year and higher.

Old 01-18-2011, 09:10 PM
Those who have all the $$'s want to be sure they keep them and get more - and our govt is aligned to support this objective.

Old 01-19-2011, 12:05 AM
Originally Posted by Bthasht
I say you do the dyi. There is not one on here. Alot of people are scared to do it as well as sidemarkers because of that. So do it. Looks great. I really want a duck bill, but dont like cf. Any idea where I can get a non cf one?
On my EG i bought a used CF duckbill that had faded on the top so when i got my car painted i told them to tape off the bottom half of the wing and paint the top (faded) part the same as the car and it turned out so nice. it looks body matched until you look close underneath and you see the CF

Heres a pic of my baby back in 03, it was stolen two months after i took this pick fresh out of the paint shop

Old 01-19-2011, 12:55 AM
5 Year Member
looks sweet ryan, can't wait to see those awesome wheels + drop!

will be awesome

Old 01-19-2011, 03:22 AM
5 Year Member
Ah Ryan...awesome piece of work man!
Install and spoiler lookz clean, and sharp too!
Like kenmei, I can't wait 2 c da' rims and da' drop!!!!
Gud wurk.....

Old 01-19-2011, 09:16 AM
Originally Posted by ryanroland
On my EG i bought a used CF duckbill that had faded on the top so when i got my car painted i told them to tape off the bottom half of the wing and paint the top (faded) part the same as the car and it turned out so nice. it looks body matched until you look close underneath and you see cf
I like that good idea there. Im ordering my tanabe rear upper bar monday. That will finish my suspension. Was thinking exhaust next, but might go for duckbill instead.
Off that anybody done a custom fit of a vibrant or ap1 or ap2 muffler. Not looking for power, looking to add a better look to add shots. Already searching for ep3 si version, but wondering bout ap mostly.

Old 01-19-2011, 10:03 AM
Bought a "JDM" double din radio console for my girls Fit and discovered it's for RHD only

Old 01-19-2011, 07:19 PM
5 Year Member
Exclamation Wake up america!

The last time I bought gas it was 291.9 and now its 331.9.... In really think we are getting screwed pretty bad and it is going to be stuck to us much worse real soon

Hey Tex how long has it been since ya fill er' up? 2 weeks...

Those who have all the $$'s want to be sure they keep them and get more - and our govt is aligned to support this objective.

Hey Chuck,
That's what happens when we let the goverment give Away billions and billions of dollars to other countries to make every day things we need.
We are not a manufacuring country any more. I work by shipping lanes were all the huge ships come and "Wait" to off load their cargo.
They leave port with "nothing" just our money for products America should be making for us and the rest of the world.
We sit on our asses blind to the fact that we are being bled dry of the finacial wealth of this country.
What the hell ever happened to MADE IN THE USA? This crap we are being fed by the goverment in the way of "Getting Paid" for no work is CRAZY.
We have every few industries now such as steel, lumber, basics that keep a country independent!! DAMN IT AMERICA when the hell are we going to wake up??

O' I DIE-GRESS here, I wanted to wash my Fit but it was too cold.......

Last edited by Perrenoud Fit; 01-19-2011 at 07:25 PM.
Old 01-19-2011, 08:21 PM
Finished my New rear Garnish today. Looks great in trim black.

Old 01-19-2011, 10:14 PM
Originally Posted by Perrenoud Fit
The last time I bought gas it was 291.9 and now its 331.9.... In really think we are getting screwed pretty bad and it is going to be stuck to us much worse real soon

Hey Tex how long has it been since ya fill er' up? 2 weeks...

Hey Chuck,
That's what happens when we let the goverment give Away billions and billions of dollars to other countries to make every day things we need.
We are not a manufacuring country any more. I work by shipping lanes were all the huge ships come and "Wait" to off load their cargo.
They leave port with "nothing" just our money for products America should be making for us and the rest of the world.
We sit on our asses blind to the fact that we are being bled dry of the finacial wealth of this country.
What the hell ever happened to MADE IN THE USA? This crap we are being fed by the goverment in the way of "Getting Paid" for no work is CRAZY.
We have every few industries now such as steel, lumber, basics that keep a country independent!! DAMN IT AMERICA when the hell are we going to wake up??

O' I DIE-GRESS here, I wanted to wash my Fit but it was too cold.......
Time for a new thread. Watch for Wake Up America

Quick Reply: What did you do to the GD Fit today?