1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

What did you do to the GD Fit today?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2011, 01:26 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Bthasht
Got rims yesterday and put on. Driver side has no rubs at all. Passenger side only hits on hard bumps, so doing same fender mods to that side tonight. 16x7 +40 dr16s with nitto 205/45/16s. Black with polished lip. Love them.....
That's about as much wheel and tire as you can get away with... My 15"X7" Enkei"s have with 41mm offset and 195-55's have clearance problems on the right front fender well also... Fast left turns on a washboard surface sound like the end of the world to a passenger when the tire contacts the forward most liner tab...

Old 02-02-2011, 01:56 PM
Your right on that one tex. I had buddy club 15x7 +35 with 205/50/15. They did not work at all. I would have had to pull and roll, and that would widen stock body lines. I like stock body so traded those for these, plus cash his side of course. Fitament now is perfect. Enough rim with not too much tire. Still cut tabs front and back. Perfect fit. Pics will be up tonight.

Old 02-02-2011, 02:12 PM
Super Moderator
Lets see what did I do to the car today... oh thats right im having the supercharger removed. What a shitty day it is today.

Old 02-02-2011, 02:13 PM
5 Year Member
Why are you removing the kit? problems?

Old 02-02-2011, 02:24 PM
Super Moderator
yep Im having problems, This now will give me more motivation to get the ball rolling on the K20

Old 02-02-2011, 02:29 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by MNfit
yep Im having problems, This now will give me more motivation to get the ball rolling on the K20
Let me in on what has happened, please.

Old 02-02-2011, 03:44 PM
5 Year Member
As mentioned previously, here is a pic of my winter set 14" set up:
Name:  02022011101.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  60.1 KB

Old 02-02-2011, 03:44 PM
Super Moderator
So a month or so ago my car was having problems starting, I would need a jump to get teh car going. When I did get it started it would make all sorts of horrible noises, like belts squealing and some other noises for a bit, but I chocked that up to it being so damn cold. A week ago I went to start my car and the battery light was on, I look under the hood and I can see the belt has come off the alt pulley and is not even spinning. I get it to the shop and they replace the belt and im good to go, or so I though.

Monday night/ Tuesday morning when I was working the car started making a very loud squealing noise. when driving my volts are right around 14.3 but I noticed now they where dropping when stopped, they would go down to 13 -11 even as low as 10.2. In the mornign I checked under the hood and could seethat the belt has come off again and that the belt is contacting the alternator again. I get the car down there today and sure enough it eat another belt, at this point me and the shop are kind of at a lost as what to do, we could put another belt on but it my forth belt in 2 years and it will just eat it again.

He gave me a call and said there is a possibility that the SC bearing is bad, he said it spun free untill it got to a spot then had trouble spinning and that is what could be causing the problem. The only way of know though would be taking it out and sending it to Kraftwerks.

I have just decided to bring it back to stock, witch is now causing all sorts of new problems, like I cant seem to find all the OEM parts again. I really hate to do it and its got me real bummed out today but I need this car back to being reliable and im just going to try and get the money to go K20.

Last edited by MNfit; 02-02-2011 at 03:47 PM.
Old 02-02-2011, 04:17 PM
5 Year Member
This is strange, I noticed that my voltage was dropping off into the same area that you described... It has been very cold here but nothing like you have up there but that is the same thing I have seen just that once. Thanks for responding with the info.

Old 02-02-2011, 04:37 PM
5 Year Member
if all goes well, this is what i'll be doing tonight:

bumper/lip removal for paint (BOM) please god match well
fog light removal for paint (black) and yellow overlays
hatch garnish removal for paint (black)
re-assemble everything probably tomorrow morning? ugh!!

edit: i need some clear...does anyone have any recomendations on brands? i'll need to pick it up tonight at an autozone/hardware store type deal

Old 02-02-2011, 05:36 PM
I'm not up on auto electronics but have been watching the volts lately and seeing 14+ being common.
Why is a 12v system running that high?
Any one have any idea???

Old 02-02-2011, 06:17 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by krimson_cardnal
i'm not up on auto electronics but have been watching the volts lately and seeing 14+ being common.
Any one have any idea???
thats normal charging. If ur at 12 volts with the car on i would be worried. Ur alt isnt charging at all. 13-15volts is good. Any higher will over charge ur battery.

Old 02-02-2011, 06:23 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mnfit
so a month or so ago my car was having problems starting, i would need a jump to get teh car going. When i did get it started it would make all sorts of horrible noises, like belts squealing and some other noises for a bit, but i chocked that up to it being so damn cold. A week ago i went to start my car and the battery light was on, i look under the hood and i can see the belt has come off the alt pulley and is not even spinning. I get it to the shop and they replace the belt and im good to go, or so i though.

Monday night/ tuesday morning when i was working the car started making a very loud squealing noise. When driving my volts are right around 14.3 but i noticed now they where dropping when stopped, they would go down to 13 -11 even as low as 10.2. In the mornign i checked under the hood and could seethat the belt has come off again and that the belt is contacting the alternator again. I get the car down there today and sure enough it eat another belt, at this point me and the shop are kind of at a lost as what to do, we could put another belt on but it my forth belt in 2 years and it will just eat it again.

He gave me a call and said there is a possibility that the sc bearing is bad, he said it spun free untill it got to a spot then had trouble spinning and that is what could be causing the problem. The only way of know though would be taking it out and sending it to kraftwerks.

I have just decided to bring it back to stock, witch is now causing all sorts of new problems, like i cant seem to find all the oem parts again. I really hate to do it and its got me real bummed out today but i need this car back to being reliable and im just going to try and get the money to go k20.
ya a pulley out of alignment would cause the belt to come off. The sc pulley could def be the cause. Also check all of the other pulleys that they all line up properly. Do u have an aftermarket crank pulley? If not then check to make sure that the balanced isnt coming apart. They had a rubber center and the pulley likes to walk off of it. And when this happens must be replaced.

Old 02-02-2011, 08:34 PM
Kenmei be careful with the clear if your planning on using it over the BOM, may not be compatable.

Here are my pics of the Drag DR16 16"x7" +40 with 205/45/16 Nittos. They fit well in the well, but im not sure if I like them. I may try to trade for some LS Meshes painted white with red lip. Offset is about +42 on those plus 15". Sooooo what do you guys think? Any info is good info..

Meshes :

Last edited by Bthasht; 02-02-2011 at 10:28 PM.
Old 02-02-2011, 10:53 PM
5 Year Member
If you trade for those meshies, you better get some cash.

Old 02-02-2011, 11:24 PM
Originally Posted by Krimson_Cardnal
I'm not up on auto electronics but have been watching the volts lately and seeing 14+ being common.
Any one have any idea???

You want to see 13.9-14.5v at all times.

This is how you recharge the battery. Higher voltage to an extent, usually 14.5 max also helps everything from sensors, fuel pump, injectors etc.

Old 02-02-2011, 11:55 PM
bthasht, those rims are nice rims and i know someone who just ordered the same ones in gunmetal for his ssm GD and I like them, but for your color car i think the black isn't the BEST choice but still is a good choice. Dont trade for those other rims IMO. The DR's are better. We all have to do with what we have. I didn't get my first choice in rims but the ones i got were at a great price and i'm very happy with the look even if not everybody likes them. I would have liked to get 16" rota circuit 10's but I would have paid more than double with the purchase of new tires and all that so I had to compromise but it worked out.

ANYWAY, today I painted my intake manifold cover with VHT wrinkle red. I've been meaning to do it for 2 years now. I like the look because it reminds me of my old B16 with a type r head. but on the orange fit it kinda looks off. I might decide to change it to yellow to go with the spoon look but that also might look bad on a orange engine bay.

Old 02-03-2011, 12:45 AM
5 Year Member
spraying lip - looks good so far (me not so good with all the fumes)
fog housing also looks good

only have 2 more coats of paint on both before the clear

yellow fog light overlays didn't come out as well as i hoped.. lots of bubbles/overlapping...le sigh!

Old 02-03-2011, 12:55 AM
5 Year Member
oh and i installed my new coil pack, my car has been studdering/stalling (auto lolz) and threw CEL left and right

i did the DIY CEL check and it said 4th cyl was misfiring

i replaced the sparkplugs and it temporarily stopped the CEL..however i noticed the 4th cyl's coil pack would not sit flush ..i had to tighten it down

long story short is new one from bernardi's fits PERFECT.. keeping my fingers crossed that this fixes the issue!

Old 02-03-2011, 01:43 AM
5 Year Member
First brake fluid change, probably should have changed earlier since I have had the car 4.5 years, but there wasn't any problem with them other than the fluid started to look darker. ATE super blue, brake pedal is slightly firmer, otherwise I don't really notice any difference, then again I don't track my car at all.

Quick Reply: What did you do to the GD Fit today?