1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

TPMS problems..

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2011, 08:51 PM
TPMS problems..

I bought some 2011 fit sport wheels to put on my 08 fit.
But ive come across a problem, does anyone know if the tpms sensors in the 2011 wheels will work with 08 tpms computer?
Please let me know.

Old 05-14-2011, 09:01 PM
5 Year Member
Not likely, totally different manufacturer of sensor. However, the sensors that were in the '08 can be transfered to the '11's wheels without you having to go get them reset.

The wheel and tire combo will have to be rebalanced of course.

Old 05-14-2011, 11:32 PM
you sure? cause they are on 15 inch tires right now and will be put on 16 inch. wouldnt that mean they have to be reset?

Old 05-15-2011, 12:23 AM
5 Year Member
Doh, I totally forgot that the GE's Sport wheel is a 16 and the GD's is a 15. Now with that said, I'm not quite sure how the wheel diameter would affect the system since the TPMS sensor wold be rotating slower in the 16 inch GE Sport wheel.

Hopefully someone else can chime in to verify if swapping a TPMS sensor to a larger diameter wheel would cause any system warnings or low/flat tire warnings to trip due to the slower rotation speed. If it wasn't for that slight bit of info I've forgotten to think about I would be able to tell you.

I do know for sure that the Fit's TPMS has to be reset whenever a new/replacement sensor has been introduced to the system.

Old 05-15-2011, 08:17 AM
The wheel diameter difference is totally irrelevant for the TPMS system. Swap the sensors over, get balanced, and enjoy your new rims!

Old 05-15-2011, 08:20 PM
Originally Posted by kbri
The wheel diameter difference is totally irrelevant for the TPMS system. Swap the sensors over, get balanced, and enjoy your new rims!
This is correct.

Old 05-18-2011, 12:55 AM
Just got them on today

Old 05-18-2011, 08:32 AM
Smile This was...

Originally Posted by kbri

Verified for the 2010 by my Honda Dealer, who looked up the part numbers for the wheel sensors for the 16 inch and 15 inch and the sensors were the same, but apparently the control unit has a different number.

My tire installer tried to tell me the sensors would not fit the different size wheels and I needed a different sensor...he changed his tune after I told him the part was the same.

Old 10-11-2012, 02:57 PM
TPMS light

2010 Honda Fit Sport. Ive had it 2 1/2 years now (bought it brand new). THE last week Ive had my car serviced, inspected, and so on. AND they had to reset my TPMS system because the light came on. Ok, so they took care of that. NOt 3 days later, having same problem again. Called dealer back, they say, its probably due to the weather and temps up and down. Funny, Ive had the car over 2 years now, never had this problem before, so I highly doubt its what the dealership is talking about. ANyone else out there having issues with the TPMS light for no reason?

Old 10-11-2012, 03:32 PM
Originally Posted by Sandra Dorsey
2010 Honda Fit Sport. Ive had it 2 1/2 years now (bought it brand new). THE last week Ive had my car serviced, inspected, and so on. AND they had to reset my TPMS system because the light came on. Ok, so they took care of that. NOt 3 days later, having same problem again. Called dealer back, they say, its probably due to the weather and temps up and down. Funny, Ive had the car over 2 years now, never had this problem before, so I highly doubt its what the dealership is talking about. ANyone else out there having issues with the TPMS light for no reason?
I assume you're talking about the "(!)" light, indicating a low tire pressure, and not the "TPMS" light, which indicates a problem with the TPMS system itself. Have you done the obvious and checked the pressure in the tires? If it's below spec, then the TPMS system is working as designed and helping prevent tire damage or worse. Put some air in the low tire(s) and keep an eye on them. (The proper pressure is listed on a sticker on the inside driver's door frame.)

Tire pressure does vary with the ambient temperature, and tires will slowly lose pressure for a variety of reasons. It may be that you've been fortunate not to see this in years past, or you may have a slow leak somewhere.

If the tire pressures are all correct, there's presumably a malfunctioning TMPS sensor and the dealer should be able to figure that out and take care of it.

(By the way, it's generally preferred to start a new thread for a new question rather than to resurrect an old semi-related thread.)