1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

New Air Intakes

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2011, 06:34 PM
Originally Posted by Bthasht
^ok let me see if I got you here. Intakes suck, tune on untunable car is better, and motegi wheels are the best ever? You have alot to learn. Keep reserching before making silly posts and people may help you.
I see from your status that you have no life and spend most of your time on this site. Did it ever occur to you that you drive a FIT? That doesn't give you status. Also, the life on this blog relies on newbies coming on and feeling a part of things. With thugs like you, no wonder this blog isn't growing.

The Brycerocket FIT on this thread is my "roadside assistance" car. It carries the spare for my Carrera.....let me guess, you own the Turbo? Judging from the time you spend here and pettiness of your posts, I would bet NOT!

Old 10-25-2011, 06:57 PM
^i get emails on every thread I post on. I have no life, I spend it on here. Sucks right. I know. No turbo for me I cant afford it.. I just waste my time bashing newbies and their carrera spare transporters. Worked on you. Stop bumping old threads, no one wants your info three months later.

Last edited by Bthasht; 10-25-2011 at 07:11 PM.
Old 10-25-2011, 10:21 PM
You are passive aggressive punk on top of it all....saw your thread on your FIT. Proud Papa! Your wifey even has a rice rocket. It doesn't matter what you do or spend on your FIT...it has 109 HP! This is a fun place for newbies to share and if need be, be stupid together! We don't need you to be hyper critical. Have you ever driven a 480 HP car? If you did, you would learn to just have fun on the "Unofficial Honda Fit Forum." The HP on your car + wifey's don't even add up to the HP on my wife's car! Learn maturity and etiquette, go to 6speedonline.com. We have every reason to be proud, but choose to be polite and civilized.

Old 10-26-2011, 09:29 AM
So you went to my thread and saw the useless money I spend on my car. Yeah. I dynoed the car at a show I was in and it made 102 to be exact. That was a real funny moment for me and my people. Talk about pitiful. My wife has a lancer, nothing special there. Leather,navi, and all the other creature comforts. Nothing to talk about there. She bought it.

So you talk about rice rockets I assume you are a domestic guy. My question is why does your wife have so much hp, and you have a fit. Domination I guess? So i guess ill leave you alone now. I cant handle your massive amount of hp knowledge.

Just for shits and giggles check out my user page for a real car of mine

Old 11-08-2011, 09:00 AM
hi guys. can anyone share on how to remove the stock air filter and assembly for GD?

Old 11-08-2011, 10:57 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by MQuias
hi guys. can anyone share on how to remove the stock air filter and assembly for GD?
This thread is for a DIY Intake install but, it shows how to remove the stock airbox.

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...e-cai-sri.html

Old 11-27-2011, 09:53 PM
what kind of intake would you suggest just from your own experiences? I am fresh to doing stuff to a car like the Fit as ive done mopar for a while now and just getting out of it.

I have looked at a few CAI and SRI also a chamber intake that seemed b-a.

Old 12-21-2011, 11:51 AM
LMB
I got a K&N filter. I can certainly say it has made the car far more responsive. It used to feel sluggish on start or at low speeds and it seems to have improved acceleration. I have no problem with K&N after owning several on my previous cars.

Old 01-04-2012, 09:39 AM
Originally Posted by brycerocket
Air Intake = waste of money....no true gains.

You are doing it wrong. The intake by itself may not yeild an impressive gain, but with header, exhaust, and tune the results can be quite pleasing and overall improve the enjoyment of driving. I know I'm new here but I've been around all types of auto's for quite some time. It's not a pissing contest, to each their own. Coming from a "built" Lexus with a 2jz to a base model fit took getting used to but it is a fun car to drive and I can't wait to start adding bits and pieces to improve the performance and one day I hope it has more hp than my bike. Until then I'm just going to enjoy the journey and, if I really want to go fast then I will pull the bike out and be untouchable to just about anything with 4 wheels.

Stay classy!

Old 01-05-2012, 08:04 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 7cain
You are doing it wrong. The intake by itself may not yeild an impressive gain, but with header, exhaust, and tune the results can be quite pleasing and overall improve the enjoyment of driving. I know I'm new here but I've been around all types of auto's for quite some time. It's not a pissing contest, to each their own. Coming from a "built" Lexus with a 2jz to a base model fit took getting used to but it is a fun car to drive and I can't wait to start adding bits and pieces to improve the performance and one day I hope it has more hp than my bike. Until then I'm just going to enjoy the journey and, if I really want to go fast then I will pull the bike out and be untouchable to just about anything with 4 wheels.

Stay classy!
Lord save a duck. If you install exhaust header and retune the engine, never mind the results on emissions, then think you've done much with a new air intake system you fooled yourself. After you've 'improved the engine tuning and exhaust flow then check dyno runs before and after the air intake switch. Still think your $250 was a good expense?
Why not change cams too and really see a boost.

Old 01-05-2012, 09:07 AM
5 Year Member
Unless you want to spend 3 to 5 grand for a supercharger or turbocharger the best thing you can do to make your Fit perform better is spending $1000 to $1,400 on a decent set of light weight wheels and stock size or slightly wider tires of the same diameter or slightly less diameter tires.. You will lose bottom end and mid range power with an aftermarket intake.. One of them with an axle back pipe will improve fuel mileage figures on a Fit with manual transmission at 80 or 90 MPH at 4500 RPM and accelerate from 4500 to the rev limiter a smidgen quicker but you will have to stay busy slipping the clutch to take off from a dead stop and down shifting more than you do already to get up a hill or stay with fast moving traffic. A muffler shop will fix you up with an axle back with a short glass pack muffler for cheap and there is a good thread here for making your own short ram intake from stuff you can get at Auto Zone or Pep Boys... Both will do the same thing as the ones you can buy that promise big power gains... I got tired of having to downshift to go up a hill at 50MPH and having people standing in their yards turn to see who was making all of the noise by down shifting twice in such a short distance... What sounds cool on short drives around town gets old real fast after 100 miles of it at 70 MPH.. You can't wait to get out of the car and you don't look forward to the return trip nearly as much as you would if you could hear your sound system over the noise from the exhaust and intake....It's different if your car is actually fast and has power to accelerate up hills in 5th gear or go from 0 to 60 in just a tad over 6 seconds with your front tires finally hooking up at 45 MPH.. Even with that kind of power the drone of intake and exhaust gets to you after a couple of hours... That is the primary reason I have been saving up for a completely stock hatchback for those days I have to drive long distances....

Old 01-05-2012, 11:50 AM
Originally Posted by mahout
Lord save a duck. If you install exhaust header and retune the engine, never mind the results on emissions, then think you've done much with a new air intake system you fooled yourself. After you've 'improved the engine tuning and exhaust flow then check dyno runs before and after the air intake switch. Still think your $250 was a good expense?
Why not change cams too and really see a boost.
Not sure what you are trying to say here. Some things are out of order, I'm not talking about doing the header and exhaust, then tune, and THEN putting the intake on. Further, what result on emissions? Not talking about removing the cat. Besides, the stock manifold (if you want to call it that) is actually a header. Installing a better one that is designed to improve flow isn't going to affect the emissions and reducing the restriction on the breathing side of things isn't either. There is a balance and the aftermarket parts are designed to improve performance over stock in most cases. Besides when it's all said and done it doesn't have to be loud as hell if you choose the right muffler. More flow=more go, and, why not change cams? I won't because I'm not going for big power or I'd FI, but I do want my car to sound like a finely tuned machine that is fun to drive and listen to. Motors make music.