2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cold Air Intake Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2009, 11:14 PM
Cold Air Intake Suggestions

I know there have been talks about this, and i have read them through...

But can anyone suggest me which is a good intake?

PRM? K&N? Weapon-R? Takeda?

I have read the ongoing discussion about the PRM is the one that gains most HP (+7HP), but losing torque, but is it confirmed?

Also, the problems with the past generation K&N, are any of those problem present in the new one?

Read about the not-so-good reputation with the Weapon-R...

And the Takeda doesn't use the original air flow, that is installed in the Fit's hood.. I kinda don't like the cai to go under like the Takeda does...

so.. any suggestions?

Old 12-06-2009, 04:37 AM
i also read about the K&N Consumer Protection Pledge, which is very important to me, because im still under warranty from honda.

K&N Consumer Protection Pledge

Old 12-06-2009, 05:53 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by epijimenez
I know there have been talks about this, and i have read them through...

But can anyone suggest me which is a good intake?

PRM? K&N? Weapon-R? Takeda?

I have read the ongoing discussion about the PRM is the one that gains most HP (+7HP), but losing torque, but is it confirmed?

Also, the problems with the past generation K&N, are any of those problem present in the new one?

Read about the not-so-good reputation with the Weapon-R...

And the Takeda doesn't use the original air flow, that is installed in the Fit's hood.. I kinda don't like the cai to go under like the Takeda does...

so.. any suggestions?
Why a second thread? You started the same thing a couple of days ago.

Old 12-06-2009, 02:01 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Black3sr
Actually it was 19 days. I'm impressed by how many of you lay awake all night thinking about cold air intakes. And from such a variety of climates.

Wouldn't it be a "warm air intake" in Miami? In Canada it would be a "frigid air intake."

I'm thinking about redirecting the defroster output into the air intake on mine.

Old 12-06-2009, 07:06 PM
Originally Posted by Black3sr
I didn't get my answer in that section... so I tried in here...
im thinking of going for the K&N just for the warranty offered and the K&N Consumer Protection Pledge...

Old 12-06-2009, 11:07 PM
5 Year Member
i like K&N, except their filters require oil, i had a few of their intakes and i always seem to have oil going all up my pipe after i clean it. so this time i went with Pro Dry S series filter.

Old 12-06-2009, 11:26 PM
Originally Posted by Vash
i like K&N, except their filters require oil, i had a few of their intakes and i always seem to have oil going all up my pipe after i clean it. so this time i went with Pro Dry S series filter.
I already bought the K&N for $230 on ebay, brand new..

Old 12-08-2009, 07:32 PM
5 Year Member
Man that is some expensive hp! Why not hack together an intake from the stock air box?

Old 01-06-2010, 01:00 AM
5 Year Member
I know there was a thread about a DIY CAI or SRI somewhere, does anyone know where it is? link?

Old 01-06-2010, 10:13 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Lyon[Nightroad]
Man that is some expensive hp! Why not hack together an intake from the stock air box?
Because that would look like ass and none of us are fluid dynamics engineers or at the very least have access to a dyno for guess-and-check design work.

Old 01-06-2010, 10:30 AM
Originally Posted by mike2100
Because that would look like ass and none of us are fluid dynamics engineers or at the very least have access to a dyno for guess-and-check design work.

thats why u do somethin then go out and test it your self hahah

Old 01-06-2010, 10:36 AM
5 Year Member
Old 01-06-2010, 02:43 PM
5 Year Member
That's only for the gd. Problem with the ge8 is that you have to relocate the MAF. As for being an engineer I doubt any of the claims from the commercial companies are true about their 'superior engineering' r&d costs would be prohibitively expensive and they've already spent their budget on breasts. A SRI is not that complicated. All we are really doing is removing the air silencer (which used to be a seperate part from the filter box) and replacing it with a straight more direct intake path, which usually helps to reduce volumetric efficency losses at high rpms. The only reason Honda doesn't do this from the factory is the louder induction noise. Same with exhaust systems.

I am not a big fan of CAI's. Especially in such a small car with a cold air delivery means already in place.

Last edited by Lyon[Nightroad]; 01-06-2010 at 03:49 PM.
Old 01-06-2010, 02:45 PM
5 Year Member
Yikes! did not know that, do you know how hard it is to relocate it?

Originally Posted by Lyon[Nightroad]
That's only for the gd. Problem with the ge8 is that you have to relocate the MAF. As for being an engineer I doubt any of the claims from the commercial companies are true about their 'superior engineering' r&d costs would be prohibitively expensive. An Sri is not that complicated.

Old 01-06-2010, 03:10 PM
5 Year Member
I'm not really sure. I think the easiest thing to do would be to cut the maf tube out of another stock air box cover (~$25) and then couple that into any generic Sri setup like the one used for the gd only straighter. The intake location would be the same as the PRM.

Old 01-07-2010, 08:24 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Vash
Are you saying you're using a Pro Dry S series filter on a K&N intake? Or are you using the Pro Dry S series all the way around? I could only find the Pro Dry for a 2009 S2000. Couldn't find one for an '09/'10 Fit.

Sorry, I'm

Old 01-07-2010, 10:37 AM
A cold air intake on this car would be a waste of money. It's just for looks and cool factor I guess.

I bet that the stock air box performs just as well as an aftermarket intake system.

It's not like you're going to see or feel a noticeable difference in performance. You are NOT going to go any faster. It's a 1.5L engine after all :lol:

If you really want something that will make a noticeable difference, go with forced induction. Otherwise, save your money instead.

myke

Old 01-07-2010, 12:20 PM
Originally Posted by IBJanky
If you really want something that will make a noticeable difference, go with forced induction. Otherwise, save your money instead.

myke

Agreed. And why void your warranty for something so minor?? Save it for the big stuff.