1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

2007 Honda Fit ECU issues after reseating connectors???

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2012, 04:14 PM
2007 Honda Fit ECU issues after reseating connectors???

Hello all,

I recently was correcting two leaks which required me to remove the ECU on the passenger side and work around the SRS unit (box behind the circuit breaker panel which did NOT require me to disconnect) on the driver side. Before I did any work with these two boxes I made sure to disconnect the battery of all connections and proceeded with disconnecting the ECU. The ECU was completely removed for around 24 hours. After the work was completed I reconnected the ECU then reconnected the battery. After starting the car I noticed I had a Service Engine light, my RPMs would not go above around 4,000 and it shifted much harder into gear than before, and my manual shifting paddles do not give indication on indicator panel or perform the shifting function. I called up the dealership and they mentioned that the ECU might have to be reprogrammed (estimated cost being 119.00).

Would having no power to my ECU corrupt the memory?
I thought the ECU would just fall back to it's default file?
Is there a way to reset this without taking it to the dealership?

Any advise would be appreciated.

Last edited by Trainman; 07-18-2012 at 04:20 PM.
Old 07-19-2012, 12:52 AM
5 Year Member
Do you have a code reader or acces to one. Plug it in and check for the code. If possibel reset it.

Seems like code for disconnecting battery to pass Aircare test (some brands need to have 50 starts and the code is reset)

Originally Posted by Trainman
Hello all,

I recently was correcting two leaks which required me to remove the ECU on the passenger side and work around the SRS unit (box behind the circuit breaker panel which did NOT require me to disconnect) on the driver side. Before I did any work with these two boxes I made sure to disconnect the battery of all connections and proceeded with disconnecting the ECU. The ECU was completely removed for around 24 hours. After the work was completed I reconnected the ECU then reconnected the battery. After starting the car I noticed I had a Service Engine light, my RPMs would not go above around 4,000 and it shifted much harder into gear than before, and my manual shifting paddles do not give indication on indicator panel or perform the shifting function. I called up the dealership and they mentioned that the ECU might have to be reprogrammed (estimated cost being 119.00).

Would having no power to my ECU corrupt the memory?
I thought the ECU would just fall back to it's default file?
Is there a way to reset this without taking it to the dealership?

Any advise would be appreciated.

Old 07-19-2012, 07:55 AM
5 Year Member
Double check your connection. That happen to me, and it turn out to be my drive by wire connector was loose.

Old 07-19-2012, 12:56 PM
5 Year Member
I've had mine out a couple of times without any problems... Like Wytt, I would recheck all of the wiring connectors that you even touched and didn't remove..