1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

Great mods for about $300

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2012, 10:03 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 321liftoff
For $300, you should be able to add audio controls to your steering wheel. See this thread. Because the audio controls don't work with the stock headunit, you'll need to add in your own third-party headunit, but that could give you some goodies such as ipod connectivity, bluetooth, hd radio, usb connectivity, etc. I bought the controls and steeringwheel subharness for $200 from japanparts.com and am waiting to get the headunit to start the project.

Good Idea, But my stereo system was already redone recently hahaha. My friend and I took the speakers from his old car and put them in mine when he was upgrading. And I already have an AUX jack and 2 USB ports hahaha. Good idea though!

Old 10-21-2012, 03:23 PM
I think you missed the gist of my post...I'm suggesting adding audio controls to your steering wheel. Having an upgraded stereo system is merely a prerequisite for the steering wheel audio controls to work, so it sounds like you are well on your way to having them. Here is another post from the same thread with some pics of the controls, and the steps necessary to install them.

Old 10-21-2012, 08:48 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 321liftoff
I think you missed the gist of my post...I'm suggesting adding audio controls to your steering wheel. Having an upgraded stereo system is merely a prerequisite for the steering wheel audio controls to work, so it sounds like you are well on your way to having them. Here is another post from the same thread with some pics of the controls, and the steps necessary to install them.

OHHH!!! oh that's actually a good idea. But I think those will be after I get a sway bar and some other suspension goodies

Old 10-26-2012, 03:52 AM
I bought brand new swift sport springs for $160, comes with warranty and everything. I still have it in the box

Old 11-05-2012, 06:06 PM
Originally Posted by Cordizzle4life
...This project I'm embarking on is in no way in the near future. Maybe, MAYBE 20 years from now. Once my fit has given all it can, I'll try this out...
Seriously? All that discussion and you're thinking about doing it an eternity from now? You think you'll have a Fit for 20 years? I'm holding back with the expletives. I find it hard to believe you even graduated high school in regard to your prior posts of discussing graduate degrees. What a waste of everyone's time.

Old 11-05-2012, 06:10 PM
5 Year Member
:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d

Old 11-06-2012, 12:15 PM
5 Year Member
I continually wonder what's happened to the attitude on this forum. :d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d is right.

Old 11-08-2012, 03:53 AM
Mom an Dad 1st Please.

I havent done much to my o8 sport, but 300.00 isnt alot in the car world for sure. So I'm with whom ever suggested taking your parents to a really Nice Resturant.

Old 11-12-2012, 03:40 PM
5 Year Member
Y'all need to get over yourselves. Seriously. I asked a simple question, that's all. I don't understand where the creativity has gone in this forum, but you all seem to think that cars are literally the most expensive hobby in the world.

I grant you, they are expensive in some ways, but they can be reasonably priced as well. As long as you pick the right parts, and don't jump into stupid things like "turbo-fans" you put on your exhaust, you can make a good car better.

For instance, with the money I got, I was able to get better brake pads for about $50. This was a discount price that I got after talking to a service rep. Then, with my desire for my interior to look better, I got a dash kit as well. It's going to be blue and black carbon fiber accents which will compliment the blue ambient lighting on the Fit's instrument panel. That cost me $145.

So, for $195, I was able to get two upgrades that I'm happy with.

I could also have gotten, for under $300:
New rotors
A short shifter
An axelback exhaust
a Catback exhaust (gently used)
New headlights that look better
A blue shift knob to match the blue/silver color scheme I'm working on
Window Visors

The list is fairly large.

So, to all of you nay sayers, just know that there are plenty of options for people like me and not everything has to break the bank.

Last edited by Cordizzle4life; 11-12-2012 at 03:42 PM.
Old 11-14-2012, 10:44 AM
Great reply. Let the Honda engineers be Honda engineers. If you have $300.00 to throw away, donate to your local food bank for those less fortunate.

Old 11-14-2012, 11:10 AM
5 Year Member
Y'all need to get over yourselves. Seriously. I asked a simple question, that's all. I don't understand where the creativity has gone in this forum, but you all seem to think that cars are literally the most expensive hobby in the world.

I grant you, they are expensive in some ways, but they can be reasonably priced as well. As long as you pick the right parts, and don't jump into stupid things like "turbo-fans" you put on your exhaust, you can make a good car better.

For instance, with the money I got, I was able to get better brake pads for about $50. This was a discount price that I got after talking to a service rep. Then, with my desire for my interior to look better, I got a dash kit as well. It's going to be blue and black carbon fiber accents which will compliment the blue ambient lighting on the Fit's instrument panel. That cost me $145.

New rotors
A short shifter
An axelback exhaust
Window Visors

So, to all of you nay sayers, just know that there are plenty of options for people like me and not everything has to break the bank.
So you haven't improved your in any way and have instead thrown away a couple hundred dollars. Cars ARE an expensive hobby.

My lip? $600 new.
Grille? $300+ New.
Spoiler? $400ish new.
Exhaust? $4-600 new, for an axleback.
The coilovers I had on my $1500 20 year old Civic? $4000 new.

Mind you, I paid nowhere near those prices because I know how to hold out for a good deal, but be real and understand that to make any difference in anything car related, you have to pay to play.

Old 11-14-2012, 11:14 AM

New rotors
A short shifter
An axelback exhaust
Window Visors

What's creative about anything you've done?