1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

Exhaust; which one do i get?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2012, 05:05 PM
Exhaust; which one do i get?

Hey guys, new member here!

Ive browsed the forum in search of ideas for exhaust, and have a few questions for my GD3 Honda Jazz 06 vti-s 1.5L

I have always gotten exhaust systems for my previous cars, without knowing each section of the exhaust. Now when looking i see there are many parts to the exhaust.

Question 1: What parts attribute to an exhaust system? I is it Downpipe, b pipe, muffler?

And also, i have found these 2 on ebay, would anyone recommend these?

5ZIGEN ZZ EXHAUST HONDA FIT GD3 L15A 2005-2007 | eBay

Buddyclub CATBACK EXHAUST SYSTEM HONDA JAZZ/FIT SPEC III PRO | eBay

The guy has the buddyclub to suit mine, just wondering what everyone thinks as question 2

And question 3: I was wondering with these exhausts, do i need anything other than new headers/extractors to attach to these exhausts?

I know i wont get big gains, but i just want a d.i.y intake and exhaust to bring out that sound and a bit of the v tec sound

sorry for being a noob! But any help would be much appreciated. Just wanted to know what everyone thinks cause the other threads seem sort of dated

regards

Nick

Old 10-18-2012, 12:20 AM
Originally Posted by Hairballnick
Hey guys, new member here!

Ive browsed the forum in search of ideas for exhaust, and have a few questions for my GD3 Honda Jazz 06 vti-s 1.5L

I have always gotten exhaust systems for my previous cars, without knowing each section of the exhaust. Now when looking i see there are many parts to the exhaust.

Question 1: What parts attribute to an exhaust system? I is it Downpipe, b pipe, muffler?

And also, i have found these 2 on ebay, would anyone recommend these?

5ZIGEN ZZ EXHAUST HONDA FIT GD3 L15A 2005-2007 | eBay

Buddyclub CATBACK EXHAUST SYSTEM HONDA JAZZ/FIT SPEC III PRO | eBay

The guy has the buddyclub to suit mine, just wondering what everyone thinks as question 2

And question 3: I was wondering with these exhausts, do i need anything other than new headers/extractors to attach to these exhausts?

I know i wont get big gains, but i just want a d.i.y intake and exhaust to bring out that sound and a bit of the v tec sound

sorry for being a noob! But any help would be much appreciated. Just wanted to know what everyone thinks cause the other threads seem sort of dated

regards

Nick

Welcome to the forums man!

I'm also in the market for an exhaust system. But here's what I know (everyone else feel free to correct any mis-info.):
There is the header, the downpipe, the catalytic-converter, the rest of the piping and then the muffler. This can also be found on Google. :P

Now, as for the exhausts you put up, don't know much about types of systems. My suggestion is to find user reviews and research which system works for your budget and for what you want to get out of it in terms of sound. Youtube is also a good place to find sound clips of different exhausts.

In terms of intakes and headers and such, there are some systems (weapon R) that include a Header. I have a Megan Racing header on mine, love it do far. Looks clean, sounds good. I also made my own Cold air intake, which is recommended if you have a low budget. There's a thread called "SSRI Sticky." google search it for the fastest way to get to it. Mine cost me about $80, as opposed to the $200+ for any other intake.

Hope this helps!

Old 10-18-2012, 12:54 AM
5 Year Member
I'm running a Spoon B pipe and RS*R axleback. The RS*R is slightly smaller piping so they don't bolt up perfect, but good enough that I don't get a leak. I would suggest only getting a catback system (B or mid pipe & axleback). You'll get better flow. I wouldn't bother getting a header or taking out the cat unless you're doing a turbo. All you're gonna do is lose torque and make stop and go driving more of a bitch.

Old 10-19-2012, 07:03 AM
So you wouldnt go get say the weapon r headers and a full spoon exhaust cause it would be detrimental to the performance?

and cordizzle yeah i knew that from my last car, i am getting a diy intake done and now im considering what headers and exhaust to get. I want whatever will squeeze out a nice note and performance and worth it for the price

If the difference between having a full exhaust, and just getting a b pipe and muffler is minimal, i wont get it but if there is noticeable difference ill still opt for a full setup.