1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

Aftermarket coil packs

Old 01-12-2013, 09:56 AM
5 Year Member
Aftermarket coil packs

Has anyone installed aftermarket coil packs? If yes what brand and what results?

Old 01-13-2013, 12:20 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by spreadhead View Post
Has anyone installed aftermarket coil packs? If yes what brand and what results?
Yes, I'd be interested too. We got bit early and haven't taken a chance since so if anyone has had success with non-Honda branded coil packs it should be shared on this site.

Old 01-15-2013, 02:44 PM
Beck Arnley. Failed after 100 miles due to an arc through the body, about mid-point of the length. But, I don't know if that's due to the coil pack or just a hot cylinder I had.

Dealer told me Honda changed the design of "newer" coil plugs and that they're better. I don't know if that's true.

Old 01-27-2013, 02:57 PM
I bought the eBay special- AC auto parts. Do not buy these! After putting them in I had to take them out after a few hundred miles for a valve job and 3 out of the 4 broke apart taking them out. I just bought Honda genuine to save the hassle

Old 01-27-2013, 03:07 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by hondahazard View Post
I bought the eBay special- AC auto parts. Do not buy these! After putting them in I had to take them out after a few hundred miles for a valve job and 3 out of the 4 broke apart taking them out. I just bought Honda genuine to save the hassle
Crap! Just like searching for an attorney, don't look for a bargain, buy the best you can get.

Old 01-27-2013, 11:01 PM
I recently changed my packs with new OEM Honda ones. They've changed the boot from orange to black and look slightly different. I can pull one back out and do side by side comparisons if there's interest.

Old 01-28-2013, 09:18 AM
Retired Moderator
5 Year Member
id stick with honda OEM

Old 01-28-2013, 07:57 PM
5 Year Member
I looked up the available coil packs in our online parts supplier order catalog. It lists HITACHI as the OEM manufacturer for Honda. I THINK they are part number 3520-PWC-00. These are what I plan to go with when I swap mine... Still no deals even for me, around $52 per...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.