1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

HELP- 2007 Fit Sport Jerking While at Stop

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2013, 02:17 PM
HELP- 2007 Fit Sport Jerking While at Stop

Hi all,

My Fit is acting funky lately.. it's only 65k miles, A/T Trans

Whenever I stop at traffic lights, I can feel the car is jerking forward a little bit.. sometimes just once or twice, sometimes its jerking for like 5 seconds then gone.

When I am pulling out backwards from parking lot, it also jerks. Although this is not all the time.

I can't figure out what it is..

I had my transmission fluid drained & refill 2 times in past 5 months..(I was making sure I have new fluid in the whole transmission system as much as I can).

Anyway, I hope this is not transmission issue. Anyone know? or experience the same issue?

Thanks,

Old 11-19-2013, 02:33 PM
Check your rotors, if this is only happening when you come to a stop it is a good chance they are warped (this happened to me at about the same milage in me GE) also bleed your break lines. I hope this helps!

Old 11-19-2013, 02:36 PM
Thanks,

Believe it or not, I put new rotors, bleed the brake lines and put new fluids about 5 months ago.. and this problem has been going on for at least 3 -4 months now..it's just that its happening more frequent lately.

Anything else I should check?

Originally Posted by ckipps
Check your rotors, if this is only happening when you come to a stop it is a good chance they are warped (this happened to me at about the same milage in me GE) also bleed your break lines. I hope this helps!

Old 11-19-2013, 03:23 PM
5 Year Member
If you're experiencing this "jerking" sensation while at a stop and while backing up, it would have nothing to do with warped rotors. (Warped rotors are apparent when you're applying brakes while in motion.)

I've felt this while at a stop as well, and you can see the tach jump slightly while it's doing it. It only happens every once in a while for me, so I am going to clean up the bolts on the coil packs to see if grounding is the issue.

Old 11-19-2013, 04:11 PM
I paid attention to my tach while its doing it... my rpm stayed steady all the time while its jerking.

Do you think I am having transmission problem? like the gear is slipping or something while at "D" and at stop.

Originally Posted by p nut
If you're experiencing this "jerking" sensation while at a stop and while backing up, it would have nothing to do with warped rotors. (Warped rotors are apparent when you're applying brakes while in motion.)

I've felt this while at a stop as well, and you can see the tach jump slightly while it's doing it. It only happens every once in a while for me, so I am going to clean up the bolts on the coil packs to see if grounding is the issue.

Old 11-19-2013, 05:00 PM
As you approach a red traffic light, shift into neutral and see whether you get the same jerking motion.

Old 11-20-2013, 12:52 PM
Are you sure it's not just the AC compressor cycling?

Old 11-20-2013, 03:47 PM
I am pretty sure it's not the AC. I have tried both turning it off and on..

The car still jerks.

Any ideas?

Originally Posted by Doug Just Doug
Are you sure it's not just the AC compressor cycling?

Old 12-26-2014, 07:10 PM
engine misfire, start with the coilpacks.

Old 12-29-2014, 10:04 AM
Dealer Diagnosed

I'm having the exact same problem with my 2007 Fit sport. Finally had the dealership diagnose the problem and they said after putting the computer on the car it was a couple of coils going bad. I now have an appointment to replace the coils and spark plugs. Good thing too because it's starting to get progressively worse. Good luck!

Old 01-05-2015, 06:40 PM
It could be ignition coil packs causing misfire at times I had same issue as the guy above

Last edited by BlueAngelFit; 01-05-2015 at 06:43 PM.
Old 01-05-2015, 08:48 PM
Supervillain
5 Year Member
Valve adjustment and/or coilpacks.

Warped rotors - no way. Good luck warping cast iron rotors. If it was anything related to the rotors (which it isn't), it would just be uneven brake pad/friction material build-up on the rotors. Re-surfacing the rotors or bedding in the pads could take care of that the majority of the time. Pulsating rotors is almost always diagnosed as warped rotors, but that's just an easy way to make more money as a mechanic for less labor.

Old 01-07-2015, 06:50 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by doctordoom
Valve adjustment and/or coilpacks.

Warped rotors - no way. Good luck warping cast iron rotors. If it was anything related to the rotors (which it isn't), it would just be uneven brake pad/friction material build-up on the rotors. Re-surfacing the rotors or bedding in the pads could take care of that the majority of the time. Pulsating rotors is almost always diagnosed as warped rotors, but that's just an easy way to make more money as a mechanic for less labor.
Lol for less labor huh...... it takes longer to turn rotors that to just pad slap. Also the rotors usually do have thickness variation which makes the pulsating feeling.

And a valve adjust at 65k miles?????? Lol