1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

Honda Fit GD1 Flatuating Revs

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2014, 02:30 AM
Honda Fit GD1 Flatuating Revs

Hi

Can someone assist, my Honda Fit has developed a problem. First it was a blinking D light, took it to a technician who put it on machine that read the speedo sensor being fault and it ws fixed. The next day I noticed that the rev meter on take off would rise then suddenly drops, rise again and you can feel it changing gears then all of a sudden it drops again while in motion to even below 1. At times when idling and stationery say at traffic lights, the revs can go up and you can feel the car fighting to go.

Anybody who once experienced the same?

Old 02-20-2014, 02:52 AM
5 Year Member
This is apparently really common with a few Honda's including the Fit.

Most people have found luck in replacing the pressure control solenoid (not 100% sure) but it's something along that.

Do you have a CEL on as well?

Old 02-20-2014, 03:20 AM
The CEL is not on

Old 02-24-2014, 03:44 AM
Hi
The flashing drive light went off after they had checked the sensor that the machine read as faulty. It looks like it was sticking. After a few days, the drive light started flashing again and at times the car cannot take off and if it does, it jerks.There wa also a sound that was coming out of the gear box and it loses power when the road gets steep. This happens mainly when it gets hot. They changed the CVT oil again which had only done about 300 km. They wanted to flush the gear box because they noticed some filings on the drain plug when they first changed the gear box oil. The oil they drained which had only done about 300 km was very dirt with some visible filings. Their conlusion now is that the gear box has to be changed. Want to hear from anyone of you who has an idea or once experienced the same problem before I committ money for another gear box which is expensive.

Many thanks in advance to those who are going to assist. I am so stressed.

Old 02-24-2014, 07:18 AM
What is your transmission fluid? Use only Honda HMMF fluid for the transmission. never use ATF.

Old 02-24-2014, 08:02 AM
Thank you.locally we use CVT transmission fluid.

Old 02-24-2014, 08:14 AM
Originally Posted by McDee
Hi
The flashing drive light went off after they had checked the sensor that the machine read as faulty. It looks like it was sticking. After a few days, the drive light started flashing again and at times the car cannot take off and if it does, it jerks.There wa also a sound that was coming out of the gear box and it loses power when the road gets steep. This happens mainly when it gets hot. They changed the CVT oil again which had only done about 300 km. They wanted to flush the gear box because they noticed some filings on the drain plug when they first changed the gear box oil. The oil they drained which had only done about 300 km was very dirt with some visible filings. Their conlusion now is that the gear box has to be changed. Want to hear from anyone of you who has an idea or once experienced the same problem before I committ money for another gear box which is expensive.

Many thanks in advance to those who are going to assist. I am so stressed.
last time my drive light flashing on fit gd3 i replace the speed sensor located below the battery and the problem solved...