1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

upgrades for my wife....

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2014, 02:44 PM
5 Year Member
upgrades for my wife....

Ok, so my wife wants to keep her 2007 fit sport. Its got 90k and I want to do some upgrades to keep her happy. What do you guys suggest. Its red with black housing lights and fogs, armrest, and she's getting tint in a month... looking for like creature comfort upgrades and maybe power upgrades.... All suggestions are welcome.

Old 04-11-2014, 03:12 PM
I would suggest replace the stock springs with swift lowering springs as well as the shocks. Maybe get some new rims and good tires. Install clazzio leather seats. Replace indoor lights with LEDs. Maybe install an anti-glare rearview mirror. And probably to make her feel that the car is in like new condition, detail it or get it done professionally. Probably upgrade her sound system?!? That's all i can think of for now.

Old 04-11-2014, 05:45 PM
5 Year Member
Wheels, they completely change a car. Combine that with a good drop.

Power - a neat axleback or something might give you a little more oomph and some nice tones.

Old 04-12-2014, 11:47 AM
5 Year Member
ETC is a great bang for the buck

Old 04-12-2014, 12:52 PM
spoon fed
5 Year Member
Add a turbo. That is what puts a smile on my wife's face.

Old 04-13-2014, 10:08 PM
your wives are hardcore lol... as for me I would keep comfort in mind. Scrape the axleback, subwoofers. Too keep it aesthetically pleasant, eibach springs +koni shocks, decent rims, absolutely good tyres, yes agree with poohdinni get it detailed.. Inside comfort - armrest, tint. You can upgrade your audio - get amps to power speakers (Hertz?) for clarity & crispness (if this is even a word)

Old 04-13-2014, 10:53 PM
5 Year Member
I like my zeta dead pedal on my manual car. If not, clazzios for sure! I git Black with red stitch. Maybe a nice shift knob? Leather or suede shift boot? The shift boot is a little work because it requires removing the console I believe. Some tasteful vinyl stickers can be nice. Also, a nice licence plate cover is a nice touch.

I like my Honda HFP muffler. It's nit too expensive and needs no modifying to put it on the car. If you use the rear seats folded flat a lot I recommend the Elemmat, a custom laser cut full rear mat. Got great service from that company.

Old 04-16-2014, 08:51 AM
What a weird coincidence, I just went down this path for the last couple weeks, while the wife is out of town! She is going to flip, I can't wait. Here's what I came up with, big and small, the biggest thing being the tires and wheels. She has the bare bones 07 model that came with the dinky 14" wheels which felt a bit scary over 70mph. So those were the first to go. It was a slippery slope from there.....

16” Enkei EDR9 Wheels
Contintental ExtremeContact DWS tires
Tint all around
Honda Fit Sport Muffler
PIAA Wipers
PIAA Headlights - Night Tech
Interior and Exterior detail, with shampoo
Dr Color Chip paint touch up kit
Headlight renewal kit, 3m
Flexyframe front license plate bumper
Honda cargo equipment in rear: mat, cover, net, rubber bumper skid pad
Interior LED lights
Fit logo floor mat set, Honda
Techron engine treatment
Sport pedals, Honda
Gogroove FM transmitter, cord, phone holder
Honda steering wheel cover, blue
Wheel and tire protectant, Armor all
Center armrest, Zeta
Aluminum shift knob, Honda
Visor CD Holder & general organization

Pretty much everything from Amazon, Ebay, or Honda Parts World. I think to impress a non-car person, it comes down to appearance (as in clean-up) and "touch points", (steering wheel, shift knob) to make an impression. But also I tried to make it closely tailored to how she uses it, for instance, the CD organization was a huge thing (and the cheapest), and I eschewed the new stereo because most aftermarket ones are fussy and complicated to learn, simple is better. Good luck!

Also, much thanks to this great forum, which I have been lurking on for a few weeks here, looking for ideas.

Last edited by C A B; 04-16-2014 at 09:16 AM.
Old 04-16-2014, 04:36 PM
5 Year Member
Go a bit further and throw in some lowering springs if you can!

Old 04-16-2014, 04:46 PM
I am going to see how the 16s fit (so to speak), lowering is risky with the miserable conditions the NYC area roads in right now. I feel bad for these guys I see around with flush cars, they have to weave all over like an obstacle course!

Old 04-16-2014, 04:55 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by C A B
I am going to see how the 16s fit (so to speak), lowering is risky with the miserable conditions the NYC area roads in right now. I feel bad for these guys I see around with flush cars, they have to weave all over like an obstacle course!
Ah, yeah I see why you wouldn't lower. I'm spoiled with these west coast roads!

Old 04-16-2014, 05:26 PM
5 Year Member
Oops sorry, the title got my attention... Wrong image... Never mind...
To answer the OP I guess it would depend on her preferences and driving habits. If it was me, I'd get a fancy vanity mirror for the driver side.