1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

Bleeding brake

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2016, 08:53 PM
Bleeding brake

Hi,
i would like to know weather required or not to bleed ABS modulator, there's no bleeding screw on it, i'm changing master cylinder last week, after done bleeding, brake not really good, after perform hard brake, brake become more responsive, and then, next day, brake not responsive again, im already check brake component such as master brake, lines, its dry.

Old 04-21-2016, 09:27 AM
5 Year Member
Did you Bench-Bleed the master before you installed it? Might have a bubble there...

The ensure that the ABS is bubble-free, you need to invoke the ABS pump. (brake with one side of the car on a gravel shoulder, or wet patch)

Then, bleed again.

Alternatively, you could pay to have a dealer bleed the brakes (their diagnostic system can engage the ABS pump while they bleed). How close is the nearest dealer to you in Malaysia?

Old 04-22-2016, 03:06 AM
Originally Posted by Carbuff2
Did you Bench-Bleed the master before you installed it? Might have a bubble there...

The ensure that the ABS is bubble-free, you need to invoke the ABS pump. (brake with one side of the car on a gravel shoulder, or wet patch)

Then, bleed again.

Alternatively, you could pay to have a dealer bleed the brakes (their diagnostic system can engage the ABS pump while they bleed). How close is the nearest dealer to you in Malaysia?

Thanks for reply,
i'm already bench bleed the master cylinder before installation, and pedal feel firm after bleed on all caliper, but after a few day, it not firm anymore, seem loose pressure or leak somewhere, but i'm check all hoses & caliper, everithing is dry...

Old 04-22-2016, 07:50 AM
5 Year Member
Perhaps a rubber brake line hose is failing.

They often look fine from the outside but fail on the inside. ('Balloon' out, it doesn't take much to give a soft pedal)

I'd do the ABS thing first, then if the issue remains, think about replacing rubber brake lines. (Though, Hondas do NOT have this issue as much as other makes)

Also, a pressure or vacuum bleeder might give you a better bleed than brake pedal pumping. Have you tapped on the MC while bleeding? This dislodges air bubbles.

Good Luck!

Old 04-22-2016, 08:24 AM
Perhaps a rubber brake line hose is failing.

They often look fine from the outside but fail on the inside. ('Balloon' out, it doesn't take much to give a soft pedal)

I'd do the ABS thing first, then if the issue remains, think about replacing rubber brake lines. (Though, Hondas do NOT have this issue as much as other makes)

Also, a pressure or vacuum bleeder might give you a better bleed than brake pedal pumping. Have you tapped on the MC while bleeding? This dislodges air bubbles.

Good Luck!
This is my setup for bench bleeding, yup I'm did a soft tap and lean the mc left and right, brake fluid come without air bubbles

Attached Thumbnails Bleeding brake-fb_img_1461327556185.jpg  
Old 04-22-2016, 10:42 AM
I'm confused, I'm not loosing brake fluid, and brake system not keep the brake pressure

Old 04-22-2016, 10:52 AM
5 Year Member
But the pedal is firm (not sinking) just after you do a bleed?

Let us know the results after you 'work' the ABS system and re-bleed.

Old 04-22-2016, 11:57 AM
But the pedal is firm (not sinking) just after you do a bleed?

Let us know the results after you 'work' the ABS system and re-bleed.
Pedal is firm after done bleeding, and after a 1-2 days, brake bexome spongy n not grip, after hard brake (abs activated), brake pedal is grip again

I will try to activate abs and re-bleed, will let you know the result by tomorrow