1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

K Swap Miami

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2018, 06:48 AM
5 Year Member
K Swap Miami

Well I have owned my 08 GD01 for nearly 10 years (March makes it 10) I think its time for me to refresh my fit. I am looking for a shop in Miami the does K swaps and has done them in Fits. Preferably would like to find a place the imports motors as well kind of like JDM Florida. Anyone know of a place and yes i know google but i would like feedback from members that might have done a Swap from said shop. thank you in advance for your help with this matter. this is going to be the beginning of a project and the end will be the swap i will build my fit to handle the swap first...so suspension and breaks first etc etc etc

Old 01-24-2018, 07:12 AM
5 Year Member
No love....its been awhile since i post...or should i post in other thread?

Old 01-26-2018, 10:07 PM
Originally Posted by willieblaze
No love....its been awhile since i post...or should i post in other thread?
j
Can't help you look for a shop in Miami tho looking forward too seeing another k swapped fit it seems like more people are focusing on newer fits and are forgetting what a great platform first gen fits are

Old 01-28-2018, 07:03 AM
5 Year Member
This is the best looking fit of the lot....no doubt about that!!! I am excited. Mind showing me pictures of your project.... I just bought a Double Din Radio and 4 speakers.....next thing is suspension then rear disk....what suspension did you go with?

Old 01-29-2018, 11:11 PM
Originally Posted by willieblaze
This is the best looking fit of the lot....no doubt about that!!! I am excited. Mind showing me pictures of your project.... I just bought a Double Din Radio and 4 speakers.....next thing is suspension then rear disk....what suspension did you go with?
Gotta agree with you there this I'm on my second first gen fit so far I've only got wheels an intake and a sub that the previous owner wired in still paying it off so mods will be on the less expensive side next on the list is a set of tein lowering springs and a progress rear swaybar and to clarify from my earlier post I don't own a k swap fit it's a bit out of my budget but there have been a few on the group

Old 01-30-2018, 05:43 AM
5 Year Member
My fit turns 10 in march....i added a weapon R and a apexi cat back years ago....have not done anything else and its time to start my project or I will never do it. My wife is on car #3 since i bought my brand new fit in march 2008....i think its time for a new car so i am going to build this one from the bottom up.

Old 01-30-2018, 05:44 AM
5 Year Member
I think i paid 14.5 for it thats how much i plan on putting in it....last thing will be a heart transplant.

Old 01-30-2018, 08:13 AM
Super Moderator
Having had a shop kswap my Fit I will say don’t do the swap unless you are very handy and can rench on your own car/ trouble shoot or can afford to bring the Fit to the shop when ever you have issues with the swap. I had a shop do my swap, they where great guys and did a good job. They where no strangers to Honda’s or swaps but my Fit was the first Kswap they did into a Fit. 2 years ago I started having electrical issues with my car. At that point it had been in and out of the shop a bunch so I tried to trouble shoot it my self. I made no progress and then life kind of got in the way and I haven’t had the money to get it back to the shop.

Swapping my auto Fit to a manual K24 was $15k maybe more. Don’t get me wrong when the car ran it was a blast and I got so many complements but putting $15k into a $18k car was kind of a silly move. I modded the car out of its class.

Really think about the project and what kind of affect it will have on your finances, if the car is a daily driver and if you may rather put that money into a newer, faster car out the box. With all that said best of luck with your swap it’s always cool to have more K Fits around.

Old 01-30-2018, 08:38 AM
5 Year Member
Kswap

I am handy. 10 years of CG and counting mechanical experience. Diesel inboards and gas outboards specifically 225 HP Honda’s for outboards. I plan on doing the heart transplant last. Why did u go k24 over k20 or older b series engines? I am asking Cuz I plan on swapping in the next two years. This will be a daily driver until I buy another car then I plan on boosting. By I plan on putting about 15k into the fit. I paid 14.5 for it new 10 years ago.
Originally Posted by MNfit
Having had a shop kswap my Fit I will say don’t do the swap unless you are very handy and can rench on your own car/ trouble shoot or can afford to bring the Fit to the shop when ever you have issues with the swap. I had a shop do my swap, they where great guys and did a good job. They where no strangers to Honda’s or swaps but my Fit was the first Kswap they did into a Fit. 2 years ago I started having electrical issues with my car. At that point it had been in and out of the shop a bunch so I tried to trouble shoot it my self. I made no progress and then life kind of got in the way and I haven’t had the money to get it back to the shop.

Swapping my auto Fit to a manual K24 was $15k maybe more. Don’t get me wrong when the car ran it was a blast and I got so many complements but putting $15k into a $18k car was kind of a silly move. I modded the car out of its class.

Really think about the project and what kind of affect it will have on your finances, if the car is a daily driver and if you may rather put that money into a newer, faster car out the box. With all that said best of luck with your swap it’s always cool to have more K Fits around.

Old 01-30-2018, 10:14 AM
Super Moderator
I went with a K24 because I wanted the extra torque the K24 has over the K20. Also a K24A2 is cheaper then the K20a motors.

Old 01-31-2018, 05:41 AM
5 Year Member
When did you do the swap? are K24 still cheaper and are they harder to get into the fit? just curious. i am all about saving money and torque is good.

Old 01-31-2018, 05:49 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by MNfit
I went with a K24 because I wanted the extra torque the K24 has over the K20. Also a K24A2 is cheaper then the K20a motors.
are k20 heads k24 block frankensteins common like the b16/b18 frank? from back in the day

Old 01-31-2018, 07:41 AM
Super Moderator
It was 5-6 years ago when I did the swap. They are both the same size so shouldn’t be any harder to get it to Fit. The K20a is they Type R motor and the most expensive. There are several versions of both the K20 and K24, my K24 came out of a 06 Acura TSX. I don’t remember the engine code but the K20 out of the 8th gen civics are not a bad motor. Yes Frankenstein K20/24 are still a thing.

If you haven’t already check k20a.org There is a lot of info there