1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

Missing rear left seat belt buckle and center anchor

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2018, 07:00 PM
Question Missing rear left seat belt buckle and center anchor

Hello all, I bought my used 2008 Fit about 2 years ago and didn't have any need for the rear seat belts until recently. I have come to find that the rear left seat belt buckle and center anchor are missing as far as I can tell. I am having trouble finding any info online or in manuals. I have the right and center buckles located and both work correctly. Can't really use the center buckle without the anchor, so...

It would be very helpful if anyone could post some pictures of where this buckle and anchor are supposed to be located and how they are positioned under the seat.

Thank you for any info!!

Old 04-11-2018, 04:23 PM
Are you talking about a child seat anchor?

Old 04-11-2018, 08:07 PM
I know its confusing, at least it is to me, but I'm talking about the actual seat belt buckle for the rear seat belt behind the driver side. It includes the center seat belt anchor buckle for the center belt strap that comes from the back roof, from what I can tell. It's completely missing and I don't even see a place to screw a replacement into the floor board under the seat. So I was hoping someone with a 2008 model could post a picture of theirs so I could see where it's supposed to mount.

It's apparent that whoever owned this Fit before me did a paint job or something and didn't do too great of a job reassembling the interior.

Last edited by morrowtech; 04-11-2018 at 08:11 PM.
Old 04-11-2018, 09:26 PM
5 Year Member
This is the product of like 30 seconds of Googling, so no promises, but I suspect you are looking for the Buckle Set, Left Rear Seat Belt:

https://parts.sonshonda.com/products...0aAiG3EALw_wcB

This diagram unfortunately doesn't show you where they should be mounted, but I I certain your Fit will have holes somewhere that originally accomodated the (now lost) buckle set.

Good luck! BTW: If you fold the rear seat down, you can probably lightly pull up the back of the passenger carpet from the trunk -- ideally avoiding taking anything major apart to do the repair. At least, the GE Fit carpet works this way. Seat belts are obviously a key safety device so please fix it if you are able, it could save a life one day.

Old 04-17-2018, 09:13 PM
Thanks for the reply fujisawa! I saw that site too and saw the buckle assembly, but without seeing where the holes were to bolt it down, I wasn't sure which one to get.
Good news is I found the bolt holes! I had pulled that carpeting back previously but didn't pull it back far enough. This 2008 was a transition year apparently because, according to that Sons Honda Parts site, the buckle assembly for the 2008 has 1 bolt, but the 2009 has 2 of them, like my 2008.

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction!