1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

07 Sport Key Separated From Fob...

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2018, 07:42 AM
07 Sport Key Separated From Fob...

hi all,

Can someone please explain to me how the ignition immobilizer works on our Honda fits? I have one key for this used car and the middle portion of the key cracked off from the plastic fob portion.
Now the car is very hard starting. I’ve taped the key back together and it seems to have helped the hard starting issue.I have new ones on the way, but need to deal with this for a few days and don’t want to get stranded somewhere.Any help is appreciated.

Old 06-16-2018, 09:26 PM
5 Year Member
The immo disables power input to the fuel pump relay (according to description). In theory you can bypass the contacts of fuel pump relay and start the engine (unless the injectors disabled as well but I doubt it) provided you have a master key to unlock the steering and operate ignition switch.
My psycho neighbor who was affiliated with Honda used car dealer, obtained a master key and opened my car and used laptop with pirated software made in his native country (which did not work) to bypass an immo. I caught him in act and called cops but they let him go because of his mental issues (they confiscated his laptop and key though)

Last edited by doctor J; 06-16-2018 at 09:28 PM.
Old 06-16-2018, 11:53 PM
Originally Posted by doctor J
The immo disables power input to the fuel pump relay (according to description). In theory you can bypass the contacts of fuel pump relay and start the engine (unless the injectors disabled as well but I doubt it) provided you have a master key to unlock the steering and operate ignition switch.
My psycho neighbor who was affiliated with Honda used car dealer, obtained a master key and opened my car and used laptop with pirated software made in his native country (which did not work) to bypass an immo. I caught him in act and called cops but they let him go because of his mental issues (they confiscated his laptop and key though)
Rock on! Thanks for this. The failing-to-start behavior mimicked a gas issue which makes the fuel pump relay cut off a dead ringer.

I've had success (read: no more hard starts) with putting the two pieces of the key back together when starting the car.

Honda wanted $310 for a new key, cut, program. Local locksmith told me to buy 2 keys off of eBay for $11 a pop and he'd cut and program them both for $60, guaranteed. Thank you, 2.0 economy. For what it's worth, the parts counter guy at my local Honda dealer was going to take pity on me and give me the key at cost ($252) instead of at the marked up price of $315.