P0304 Misfire - HELP!!! - Page 2 - Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

P0304 Misfire - HELP!!!

Old 11-30-2018, 08:12 PM
Extremely helpful again, many thanks!!

Sure enough the pin for the cyl 4 injector is grounded and the others are not (key off).

I guess I'm shopping for a computer.

Thanks again!

Old 11-30-2018, 08:56 PM
I see different parts numbers all associated with 07 Fits. Mine is 37820-RME-C14

Is there any way to know if others would be compatible?

Old 11-30-2018, 09:53 PM
5 Year Member
Canada and the USA are different; M/T and A/T may be different (so I'm guessing there are 4 part numbers already and not sure if sport and base are the same either). Not sure if it's possible but can you open the cover and take a picture of the board (if lucky you may even see a damage). I've never had opened PCM from Fit yet (only from late 80-s)
BTW the badly wrecked car had no blood inside but plenty of glass fragments inside (so wear safety glasses or goalkeeper's mask while driven on freeway) therefore I cannot open PCM from there. May do it on the different yard later this weekend (injector drivers are the same, but I have no idea if it possible to un-solder them easy)

Old 12-01-2018, 08:57 AM

I read somewhere that the 3 digits in the middle go location-transmission-version. So I'm assuming R is Canada or north America, M is Manual and the E likely doesn't matter.

I don't see anything visually on the board. Going to start calling wreckers when they open. I see one on Ebay that is an exact match but shipping time won't be fun from the USA. This is the first time I've had both cars down at once and living at the end of a dirt road in the middle of nowhere suddenly has a downside! Driving my mother in laws car for a couple of days.

Old 12-02-2018, 08:02 PM
Is there a way to flash the ECU without the dealer? Local dealers are backed up 2 weeks!!

Old 12-03-2018, 10:04 AM
Just talked to a few local dealers. They are all backed up several weeks. Also, they want the whole car there... so I'd have to drive the car there on 3 cylinders, then replace the ECU in the parking lot??

Anybody want to buy a fit?

Old 12-03-2018, 12:24 PM
OK going to get an ECU after work. Went to the dealership and gave them my sob story they will fit me in on Wednesday. Fingers crossed!!

Old 12-03-2018, 03:34 PM
5 Year Member
They have to input your key code and mileage into the PCM; on the image I cannot even identify injector driver(s) the electronic package perpendicular to the bar code may look like either ignition coil or injector driver

Old 12-03-2018, 07:08 PM

Looks like as close a match as I'm going to find!

After my sob story the dealer agreed to look at the car Wednesday. I need to reinstall the old computer to drive it there (40 minutes). I'm afraid that this will cook my new injector. Should I disconnect it? Another injector is a third the price of a tow truck so I'm willing to take the gamble.

Old 12-04-2018, 12:14 AM
5 Year Member
Shorted out driver will cause injector to spray continuously (will be running rich with black smoke); open driver (or disconnected injector will simply cause an engine to run on 3 clinders

Old 12-05-2018, 06:52 PM
I unplugged injector, drove to the dealership and plugged it back in. I was afraid that the computer would fry the new injector.

The dealer was very skeptical and did not want to do the computer. The first person I spoke to said it would be 3 weeks for them to fit me in. However when I showed up with the sob story a second person said they would fit it in in 2 days. The computer has to be an exact match (for the top numbers).

The new used computer fixed the misfire. To be honest I don't feel a noticeable difference from the valve lash adjustment, but I also haven't driven it in over a week.

Hue thanks to all who helped and especially Doctor J for the insight and drawings!!

Old 12-06-2018, 10:50 AM
5 Year Member
No probs this is what is forum for!
At my earliest opportunity I'll pull one or two injectors from the wrecked car and section it open; I don't care if injector fails [electrically] open but it's disaster when it shorts out!
BTW (off topic) if you are getting ABS and brake idiot lights right after engine starts in cold weather which goes away after few brake applications, it's a time for a new battery!