2nd Gen GE8 Specific Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Sub-Forum Threads discussing engine mods/swaps/tuning for the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit.

Custom Cat-Back having issues. D:

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2011, 09:50 PM
5 Year Member
Custom Cat-Back having issues. D:

So, I got a cat-back done at a local muffler shop (Three Star), when I told them I wanted them to make it using matching brackets so I could switch them out, they hacked the factory exhaust off using an oxy-acetylene cutting torch, so now I can't reuse the factory one (They reused the factory hangars though.). And then the one they made up did the original bend up over the rear axle, but for some reason it has a bad tendency to rub and bump the tail pipe when the springs compress. In addition to all this, they didn't even use a new bracket, they used about a 3 inch section of factory pipe and welded onto it, making a sort of obstruction in the pipe, where it would constrict and then open up.

So, now I guess instead of trusting the same shop, I'm gonna ask if there are any confirmed catback exhausts out on the market for a decent price (Hoping not to go Axle-back + B-pipe, it comes out more expensive that way). I was looking at the Buddy Club Pro Spec, but I heard even though it looks like it comes as a cat-back, it's only an axle-back.

If not, can I have the shop run the piping under the axle and not have dragging problems (Make the exhaust run under the car similar to a GD3 in the axleback section)? Or just try a better shop?

Last edited by kurisux92; 02-13-2011 at 09:58 PM.
Old 02-14-2011, 01:14 AM
5 Year Member
go to a better shop..

i'm surprised you let them hack up your oem exhaust piping. somewhere in between words got lost in translation.

I hawked over my exhaust guy, during the first project on my first car

Old 02-14-2011, 07:26 AM
5 Year Member
I looked away for a minute, and then he went and just lopped it off before I could so much as say a word.

So, I guess the better shop is the better option...Hah!