2nd Gen GE8 Specific Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Sub-Forum Threads discussing engine mods/swaps/tuning for the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit.

2013 Honda Fit - Gear shift indicator light, how do you change it??

  #1  
Old 08-23-2014, 08:35 AM
New Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Kapolei, HI
Posts: 3
2013 Honda Fit - Gear shift indicator light, how do you change it??

I need to change out that light, and have have been searching online with no such luck on how to get to the bulb.
I have an older Civic that I am able to pop the area open easily to get to the bulb, but for the life of me, I can't figure out or find out how to get to the Fit's bulb.

This is for an automatic.
 

Last edited by stacey88s; 08-23-2014 at 08:42 AM.
  #2  
Old 08-23-2014, 10:43 AM
Steve244's Avatar
Member
5 Year Member
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Georgia
Posts: 3,658
Originally Posted by stacey88s View Post
I need to change out that light, and have have been searching online with no such luck on how to get to the bulb.
I have an older Civic that I am able to pop the area open easily to get to the bulb, but for the life of me, I can't figure out or find out how to get to the Fit's bulb.

This is for an automatic.
Are you talking about the floor-shifter? I don't think it's illuminated (at least it's not on an 09 Base).
 
  #3  
Old 08-23-2014, 04:09 PM
New Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Kapolei, HI
Posts: 3
Originally Posted by Steve244 View Post
Are you talking about the floor-shifter? I don't think it's illuminated (at least it's not on an 09 Base).

Sorry, is this area called something else?
The light behind the P R N D S
 
  #4  
Old 08-23-2014, 04:46 PM
xxryu139xx's Avatar
Super Moderator
iTrader: (1)
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Union, NJ
Posts: 3,340
look at collegehillshonda and pull the pdf/video on how to install the OEM armrest. It will show you how to pull the center console/shifter. from there the oval with the gear letters will be exposed and you should find a screw or two remove. there is a bulb under there. just twist counterclockwise and pull it off.

p.s. if you are switching to LED. make sure you get a white LED. i put a blue LED in there and now u can't see P & R since it's filtered out.
 
  #5  
Old 08-23-2014, 06:31 PM
New Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Kapolei, HI
Posts: 3
Originally Posted by xxryu139x View Post
look at collegehillshonda and pull the pdf/video on how to install the OEM armrest. It will show you how to pull the center console/shifter. from there the oval with the gear letters will be exposed and you should find a screw or two remove. there is a bulb under there. just twist counterclockwise and pull it off.

p.s. if you are switching to LED. make sure you get a white LED. i put a blue LED in there and now u can't see P & R since it's filtered out.

Funny thing, during my research that video did come up, but I thought it'd be easier to do instead of taking that whole middle console up so I didn't even try it.
But thank you for confirming! Done in 10 minutes.

Mahalo!
 
  #6  
Old 08-23-2014, 07:14 PM
xxryu139xx's Avatar
Super Moderator
iTrader: (1)
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Union, NJ
Posts: 3,340
aloha to u too
 
  #7  
Old 08-24-2014, 10:43 AM
Steve244's Avatar
Member
5 Year Member
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Georgia
Posts: 3,658
Originally Posted by stacey88s View Post
Sorry, is this area called something else?
The light behind the P R N D S
Oh yeah, it is lit! I've ignored it for 5 years as it serves no purpose in a darkened interior: you can't tell which gear is selected as there's no tell-tale on the selector. I always just look at the dash board indicator lights to know I've hit the big D.
 

Last edited by Steve244; 08-24-2014 at 11:41 AM.
  #8  
Old 08-27-2014, 06:35 AM
Li2099's Avatar
New Member
5 Year Member
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Sydney,Australia
Posts: 12
Haha just realized too that it's lit.
 
  #9  
Old 04-25-2016, 10:53 PM
New Member
5 Year Member
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Mililani, HI
Posts: 3
What bulb type for gear shift indicator light?

Just wanted to find out what is the replacement bulb for the Honda Fit 2010 gear shift indicator light.
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Sujeto
Fit Interior & Exterior Illumination
2
10-20-2016 05:52 PM
Getzbie
2nd Generation (GE 08-13)
4
12-31-2013 01:22 PM
MonstaMatt
1st Generation (GD 01-08)
10
06-09-2012 07:54 PM
Black01
Fit DIY: Repair & Maintenance
2
01-08-2011 10:56 PM
WhiteNoise
2nd Generation (GE 08-13)
7
03-29-2009 10:26 PM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2013 Honda Fit - Gear shift indicator light, how do you change it??


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.