2nd Gen GE8 Specific Fit Interior Modifications Sub-Forum Threads discussing interior modifications for the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit

Need recommendations for HU with BT+Sat

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2011, 06:12 PM
Need recommendations for HU with BT+Sat

Hey guys,

I've been going crazy listening to the same songs on my 4GB USB thumbdrive.
I miss the satellite radio I had in my previous daily driver.
Can you help me with some suggestions for a HU?

My wishlist:
Single DIN HU (DoubleDins are too much $$ for me). My Fit has the non-navi stock headunit currently.
Alpine or Pioneer or ..? I don't care much for Sony or Kenwood. Had them in the past.
I'd like the BT and Sirius/XM to be integrated into the HU or available as an add-on to the HU. I don't care for the standalone BT or Sirius/XM products (ie the ones that you mount somewhere in your cockpit)

So I've been perusing Alpine + Pioneer's headunit offerings, hoping to find one that has BlueTooth + Sirius/XM integrated for not too much coin.

If I go with Alpine, I'm looking at $600 installed (have to add on the Sat or BT or both, sigh) - I'm basically having a hard time swallowing the cost. $400 would be ok. Above that, hmm.

On Pioneer's website, it seems like the HUs with BT don't have the option to add Sirius/XM. I was hoping to find something less expensive than the Alpines over in Pioneer's offerings, but no luck.

Any ideas/suggestions?

Thanks & TGIF

-Simplefit

Last edited by SimpleFit; 06-24-2011 at 07:10 PM. Reason: forgot something
Old 06-24-2011, 08:44 PM
5 Year Member
New Alpine CDA-117 In Dash CD/MP3/WMA/ACC/iPod Receiver | eBay

$225

Alpine KCE-400BT Parrot Car Audio Bluetooth Adapter | eBay

$75

2011 NEW ALPINE TUAT550HD ADD-ON HD RADIO TUNER LOW $ | eBay

$145

Total = $445 before shipping, I didn't include the kit and harness cause no matter what unit you use you will have to buy those. In my opinion the Alpine is a stronger unit and will last you a great while.

Old 06-24-2011, 10:24 PM
Thx for the post Fit4Spl

Yeah, once we add s/h, kit+harness, installation we're north of $600 again

If you have any recommendations that come out closer to $400 installed, that's what I'm shooting for.

Is $600 a decent price for an Alpine w/ these add-ons, installed?

Old 06-24-2011, 11:38 PM
Call Crutchfield 0-they are the best. The last I spoke to them (3 months ago) they said they were working on a kit for the Fit I'll probably switch out my entire unit when Crutchfield is ready with a good unit for the Fit. It'll be 1/4th the price of a factory installed sport radio.

I use a 160GB iPod that is filled —about 17,000 cuts. The Fit recognizes all the songs, but oddly displays a higher total number of songs. This is because it lacks sufficient memory and firm-ware. But it will still see and play all songs. Auto makers are building their USB radios cheaply. e.g. the Hyundai recognized only 5000 songs out of 17,000! They simply don't expect most people to have more than a few thousand songs.

The Honda USB connector is not just for iPods and MP3 players. Because it will take a standard USB stick, It will take many devices. It reads the files and digitally converts the files with extensions it supports. It may take satellite radios. Whatever you do, do not listen to your Sirius/Xm via an FM converter!

Last edited by BixLives; 06-24-2011 at 11:56 PM.
Old 06-25-2011, 12:48 AM
5 Year Member
I think Crutchfield is a bit pricey on some stuff... but I did buy my last HU from them... and would buy the next one from them too!

Pioneer DEH-P6200BT CD receiver at Crutchfield Signature $220, but currently "special" saving of $50, dropping it to $170... satellite radio is another $100 ($130 - $30 MIR).

free shipping... includes mounting trim and wire harness. as for installation, well, DIY!!! It's not that hard, I did it when I got a new HU for the pathfinder.

$350 at full price... $270 on sale... though, probably not as many features as the cda-117

Old 07-05-2011, 12:29 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Goobers
I think Crutchfield is a bit pricey on some stuff... but I did buy my last HU from them... and would buy the next one from them too!

Pioneer DEH-P6200BT CD receiver at Crutchfield Signature $220, but currently "special" saving of $50, dropping it to $170... satellite radio is another $100 ($130 - $30 MIR).

free shipping... includes mounting trim and wire harness. as for installation, well, DIY!!! It's not that hard, I did it when I got a new HU for the pathfinder.

$350 at full price... $270 on sale... though, probably not as many features as the cda-117
Crutchfield gives you all the installation hardware and telephone support. You get a very liberal return policy,and piece of mind dealing with a solid reputable company. The only drawback I can see with Crutchfield is that you must do your own install. It's not worth it to go with them if you are going to pay an installer,BUT now you can purchase an "install card" and take it to a local installer. I think Crutchfield is not a discounter,but not overpriced either. Sometimes they have good sales too.

Old 07-20-2011, 02:12 AM
i got my AVH-3300BT for $450 installed with the metra face kit... just check out some mom and pop audio stores in your area...crutchfield is decent prices but local is better if you find the right spot... i dont have the SAT radio but its SAT radio ready... i just connect my iPhone and listen on my Pandora radio all day...works for me...can also watch movies on long road trips...just have the installed bypass the safety on videos while moving...sweet HeadUnit...and the BT is great! and if i want to add SAT, Navi in the future its capable...

PIONEER FTW