2nd Gen GE8 Specific Fit Interior Modifications Sub-Forum Threads discussing interior modifications for the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit

Fit Sport Navi: Terrible MP3 track data for USB stick vs iPod?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2011, 10:16 PM
Fit Sport Navi: Terrible MP3 track data for USB stick vs iPod?

My trusty 5yo iPod nano finally died, and while it's been amazing on my Fit Sport's Nav system, I find myself torn between just using a USB flash drive ($) vs buying another iPod ($$$)... For the first time ever, I plugged in a USB stick and was stunned at how little MP3 metadata (ID3) is displayed!

a) Only a Track display, no Artist or Album?
b) File folder on its own row? (I realize I can workaround a) by creating pretty folder names, bleh)
c) No ability to skip back to the last song in shuffle/random mode?

(I only listen to my music in shuffle, so the well-documented issues with USB folder sorting are not really a concern for me.)

Is this is the kind of weak track display y'all with USB drives have been living with? If so, I guess I'm going to have to pony up for another iPod... seems a shame to buy another expensive MP3 player to sit in my glovebox just to be able to see the artist & album of what's currently playing.

Am I missing something, or did Honda seriously cripple their nav unit's native capabilities?