2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can’t identify part

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2020, 09:55 PM
Can’t identify part

Here’s the part in question, it fell onto the ground while I was taking the cowl and the surrounding parts off for a valve adjustment and spark plug check. No idea what it is or where it goes, so I wanted to reach out the community to see if you guys had any insight.

On a separate note, I broke a bolt head while tightening the valve cover back on. It’s one of the back bolts too so I can’t see it too well. If anyone can offer any advice in regards to how I should approach this, I’d really appreciate it. I was going to get an estimate from Honda tomorrow before anything, since it doesn’t seem like there’s a easy solution. I’ve seen some other members posts dealing with similar issues, but wanted to see if anyone had any advice for this specifically. Thanks for the help.

Last edited by BaySFit; 10-04-2020 at 10:18 PM.
Old 10-04-2020, 10:10 PM
5 Year Member
It's a hood bumper. Look at your radiator support. You should still have one in place on one side of the support.

As far as the broken bolt on the head goes- take the valve cover back off and see if there's enough of the bolt left above the surface of the head to grab with vice grips to unscrew it back out of the head. The bolt didn't bottom out- it probably just snapped off at the knurled bulge in the bolt. If it's flat with the surface of the head, look at it with a magnifying glass and see if there's any part of it to tap against with a small screw driver and a hammer to just nudge it counter clockwise until it backs out.

Old 10-04-2020, 10:22 PM
Awesome! Thank you for the quick identification! I appreciate the help.

I also appreciate the advice! I’ll follow your instructions and take a whack at it in the coming days, spent nearly the whole day today doing my plugs and valve adjustment so the idea of taking it all apart again made me sigh heavily, but it is what it is. I need to get used to doing it anyways haha.