2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

jdm center console for 09 fit?

Old 09-05-2008, 05:37 AM
I was wondering what they did with the original drivers rest, just a simple plug....

Old 09-05-2008, 06:41 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by WiggumS2K
I was wondering what they did with the original drivers rest, just a simple plug....
Basically, yeah. Here is the link to the install instructions so you can see what it looks like:

http://www.collegehillshonda.com/ins...9/AII39836.pdf

Old 09-05-2008, 06:48 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by manxman
College Hills has complete installation instructions and a video. A monkey could install the console. Other members did it in only about 20 minutes.
I found the install instructions, it looked pretty easy. I can't find the video though. I found the video for the 07-08 Fit center console, but not the 09.

Old 09-05-2008, 08:02 AM
what do you lose in terms of storage bins with the installation of the center console?

Old 09-05-2008, 01:29 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by wongnog
what do you lose in terms of storage bins with the installation of the center console?
You lose the middle two cupholders for the back seat, which is no biggie, since the rear passengers have cupholders in the doors.

Old 09-05-2008, 03:01 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by SheepNutz
You lose the middle two cupholders for the back seat, which is no biggie, since the rear passengers have cupholders in the doors.
Can't put hot drinks in the door cupholders and/or the fast food softdrink?

Old 09-05-2008, 04:16 PM
Does anyone know how much the dealerships are charging for the armrest? Is there a cheaper place to get them? Thanks in advance -

Old 09-05-2008, 04:22 PM
Originally Posted by '09FITFORME
Does anyone know how much the dealerships are charging for the armrest? Is there a cheaper place to get them? Thanks in advance -

Haha, just answered my own question -

$179.10 without dealer install.

Thanks for the College Hills Honda phone number, they are very helpful!

Old 09-23-2008, 04:26 PM
5 Year Member
I was wondering if the top padding on the arm rest slides forward like the jdm one?

Old 09-23-2008, 05:36 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TWGE08
I was wondering if the top padding on the arm rest slides forward like the jdm one?
Paul from College Hills Honda told me last week that, yes, the padding does slide to accomodate different drivers. Hopefully, he is correct. He also stated they won't be available till September 30, FWIW.

I had occasion to discuss this with him while ordering my body side moldings for the '09.

Old 09-23-2008, 07:22 PM
Originally Posted by pinballlooking

Thanks for the pics! Looks like there will be more than enough room for MT owners.

Old 10-27-2008, 11:19 PM
5 Year Member
For those that have installed this (and some who haven't), do you think a 3/4" spade bit would work in place of the 20mm or 3/4" hole saw?

Old 10-28-2008, 01:44 AM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by SheepNutz
For those that have installed this (and some who haven't), do you think a 3/4" spade bit would work in place of the 20mm or 3/4" hole saw?
You be fine with that size..

Old 10-28-2008, 02:43 PM
Banned
Thanks for all of the good info. on this thread. I installed my new JDM Console/Armrest on my GD3, and totaled the car 10 hours later. I will pick up a new '09 Sport on Thursday. I am almost certain to buy this JDM Arm Rest from College Hills, but I have one question for you guys who have installed it. The College Hills description says "multiple storage compartments". In the photos, I see one big compartment with the pad lifted up. What other compartments are there? I will buy this anyway, but just want to know what they mean by "multiple"--?? Thanks in advance.

Old 10-28-2008, 03:33 PM
Originally Posted by badself
Paul from College Hills Honda told me last week that, yes, the padding does slide to accomodate different drivers. Hopefully, he is correct. He also stated they won't be available till September 30, FWIW.

I had occasion to discuss this with him while ordering my body side moldings for the '09.
Can someone who has installed the console confirm this please? Does it slide forward and if so how far? Does it only have two positions, all the way forward and all the way retracted? Or does it have intermediate stops. The installed photo shows the padding sticks out only slightly from the seat, but I'm wondering if the forward position will interfere with MT shifting too much.

Old 10-28-2008, 04:07 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Altabay
Can someone who has installed the console confirm this please? Does it slide forward and if so how far? Does it only have two positions, all the way forward and all the way retracted? Or does it have intermediate stops. The installed photo shows the padding sticks out only slightly from the seat, but I'm wondering if the forward position will interfere with MT shifting too much.
I just called College Hills Honda. They pulled an Arm Rest from stock to answer my question. The arm rest does pull forward. From the fully closed position to fully forward, it moves 4". With your MT, this should not get in your way in the fully closed position while shifting. When you are cruising, just pull it forward and it should be very comfortable. I will order one for my AT as soon as I get my car- Thursday.

Old 10-28-2008, 06:00 PM
5 Year Member
Just to be clear, this isn't a JDM armrest, it's a US option. I'll be installing mine tonight (along w/ carpet floor mats, wheel locks, and the cargo cover), if my wife ever gets home with my college hills order!

Old 10-28-2008, 06:08 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
You be fine with that size..
Yeah, I knew the size worked, but I was just more concerned about using a spade bit instead of a holesaw. I guess i'll find out when I install it later on tonight!

Old 10-28-2008, 06:22 PM
Installed mine last week, just a few comments:

- Step #9: The parking brake bracket is under tension, which makes it hard to re-install the bolts. Insert a small philips driver into one of the bolt holes to pull the bracket back while installing the other bolt.

- Step #11: A 5/16" bit can be used in place of 8mm. The 3mm bit is just for a pilot hole, so a 1/8" is close enough.

- Step #12: A 3/4" spade bit works just fine in place of a 20mm hole saw. You might want a "rat tail" file to open up the hole a bit and clean off the burrs, but may not be necessary. Also, no need for a 3mm pilot hole if you have a sharp spade bit.

- Step #15: Line up and start the threads of the rear side bolts before attaching the front clips -- makes life a lot easier. Tighten the rear bolts only after inserting the front clips.

- The padded top does slide forward about 4" and has intermediate stops. It slides with a fair amount of effort (i.e. it doens't move easily).

- The padded top is not nearly as "gray" as shown in some pictures around here. Mine is definitely a very dark charcoal, almost pure black. I think a camera flash lightens the color too much due to glare. Here is a picture before I put the console back in the car, you can see how dark it really is:

Last edited by cruzitude; 10-28-2008 at 06:28 PM.
Old 10-28-2008, 07:22 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks for the info. Mine is black like yours, I think some of the others were really a lighter color. I guess Honda made the switch to match better. Well, I'm off to install mine now.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: jdm center console for 09 fit?