2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2 Things I have yet to hear... I herd

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 01:39 AM
2 Things I have yet to hear... I herd

I wend to the the dealership on Wednesday to check on my Fit status (hopefully less than 2 weeks) and my moms Civic Natural Gas status (End of december - and she ordered 3 months before me ). So anyways, talking to my Honda guy that I have known for years (their head mechanic) I asked him if I could look inside of brand spankin new Fit Sport M/T Black. He said sure lemme go get the keys. When he comes back out, he presses the unlock button and the doors wont unlock. So he says, hold hold on let me go make sure i got the right keys becaue we got two Black Sports in today. So he comes back and the key till wont open the door. So he manually inserts the key into the key hole and opens it. Then he sicks the key in the ignition and it wont light up or anything with the turn of the key. Come to find out, as he was telling me, they do not ship them with any fuses in them, they have to put them in when they arrive at the dealer. I jut thought I would share that with some of you because I really was skeptical of people saying it was taking a full day to "dealer prep" the cars. Well now i know why. The other thing is, i have yet to hear this mentioned on these boards (I could be wrong) is that they changed the gas cap this year. No longer do you have to use your finger to pry it away from the body of the car. You now just push on it and it comes right open. Not a big change, but I like it. Anyways, not a whole lot of info. But atleast it is some for us Freaks!

Old 09-12-2008, 03:14 AM
5 Year Member
yeah... gas tank cover is a push cap...

gotta be more aero-dynamic! hahaha

as for the car not lighting up, the battery cable must of been disconnected. otherwise how would they unload the car from truck to lot?

Old 09-12-2008, 09:00 AM
Originally Posted by lmatthew9
I wend to the the dealership on Wednesday to check on my Fit status (hopefully less than 2 weeks) and my moms Civic Natural Gas status (End of december - and she ordered 3 months before me ). So anyways, talking to my Honda guy that I have known for years (their head mechanic) I asked him if I could look inside of brand spankin new Fit Sport M/T Black. He said sure lemme go get the keys. When he comes back out, he presses the unlock button and the doors wont unlock. So he says, hold hold on let me go make sure i got the right keys becaue we got two Black Sports in today. So he comes back and the key till wont open the door. So he manually inserts the key into the key hole and opens it. Then he sicks the key in the ignition and it wont light up or anything with the turn of the key. Come to find out, as he was telling me, they do not ship them with any fuses in them, they have to put them in when they arrive at the dealer. I jut thought I would share that with some of you because I really was skeptical of people saying it was taking a full day to "dealer prep" the cars. Well now i know why. The other thing is, i have yet to hear this mentioned on these boards (I could be wrong) is that they changed the gas cap this year. No longer do you have to use your finger to pry it away from the body of the car. You now just push on it and it comes right open. Not a big change, but I like it. Anyways, not a whole lot of info. But atleast it is some for us Freaks!
I ordered a black sport AT back in July with a Oct delivery. The salesman called me and said he had a SSM sports AT coming in the next day and I could have it if I wanted it.
My wife and I were there when the truck driver unloaded her Fit. He drove it to the big shop doors and some guy got in it and took it in side. Our salesman said they had to check it out and put "the fuses in it" so he told you the truth about that. The dealership paid for our lunch, so that killed a little time. It took about 3 hours to get it ready.

Old 09-12-2008, 09:02 AM
I have run into the fuse problem during test drives. The only way I was able to test drive was almost directly off the truck - plastic on the seats and no fuses (i.e. No remote door unlock and no radio). At least I could get a drive in, but I couldn't get the full experience with audio or play with the USB to iPod.

Old 09-12-2008, 08:07 PM
Same as above, I test drove the Fit without the functioning radio, power mirrors, power door locks, etc. The weird part was I couldn't even open the hatch - It has no key hole, can't open from the inside (that I could find), and requires the remote entry unlock to allow access. I felt helpless, haha.

As far as the fuel door, I knew that it is push-to-open, but I never even realized the previous Fit had the little exterior finger-pull. Every Honda I've ever owned had the little fuel door and trunk levers on the floor by the driver's seat. I always like pulling that little handle and hearing the fuel door pop open.

Old 09-12-2008, 08:44 PM
Originally Posted by Pirelli P Zero
The weird part was I couldn't even open the hatch - It has no key hole, can't open from the inside (that I could find), and requires the remote entry unlock to allow access.
Then how does a base model open its truck door w/o the remote? I think if you press the door open button, all 5 doors open. there's no special trunk door button.

Old 09-12-2008, 08:56 PM
5 Year Member
they ship the cars with the dome fuse removed to save the battery. because the car can sit for months without being moved, and the battery would be dead if that happened. same with the toyota/scion cars

Old 09-12-2008, 09:17 PM
Originally Posted by Surviver of the Fittest
Then how does a base model open its truck door w/o the remote? I think if you press the door open button, all 5 doors open. there's no special trunk door button.
I see in pictures that the base model has a key hole on the hatch door. I don't know if you have to use the key every time or what, though.

Temple of VTEC Rumors and News - 2009 Honda Fit PR Photo Gallery