2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Dishonest Dealers

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2008, 05:01 PM
5 Year Member
Dishonest Dealers

I got a call on Friday from a local dealer telling me he had a Blue Sensation AT Sport with Navi coming in next week. I had already "ordered" or reserved the same from another dealer and the build date was supposedly Sept 10. I called the dealer that I had reserved one at and he said that the other dealer wasn't telling the truth because he didn't see any Blue Sensation AT Sports W/Navi coming in. He said he was going to get with his manager and see what was going on. I called the guy at the dealer that said he had one coming in and he said that he had a Silver Fit Sport AT W/Navi coming in and was going to trade with the dealer that was receiving the Blue Sensation. He said that all the Hondas were bought by the dealers from a distributor and that they got certain colors. He said that the dealer I ordered my car from did not show any Blue Sensations coming in for at least 60 days. He also said that he could not actually gurantee I would get the car I wanted next week but there were others coming in behind it.

Which liar is telling the truth?

Last edited by cranky18; 09-13-2008 at 05:05 PM.
Old 09-13-2008, 05:16 PM
hurting

I think in or present state of the economy they're all doing backflips to make sales, any sales, period.

Old 09-13-2008, 06:53 PM
I think it is all bull. They should be having so many of these cars in, because the demand has to be high as it is a new model and the gas situation. I reserved mine like 3 weeks ago, they were supposed to "order it" yesterday. Call the dealer and he didnt even know about the order, and said that they probably dont order until monday. It is all a joke, they should be "ordering" cars like every 2 weeks. 10 a month plz, dont kid me around and order the car when you say you are gonna order it.

Old 09-13-2008, 07:19 PM
On 8-30 my dealer told me they were trying to get mine in during the 2nd week of Aug and that he'd follow up with an exact date. Didn't hear from him. Then I called him this past Tuesday and got his v.mail. He called me back saying they're 4 to 6 weeks out unless I wanted SSM in a week. I said no I still want my '09 Blue Sensation but to please be straight with the date because my '99 civ is on its last leg and I need something reliable for work. But yeah, supposedly the distributor is only releasing "a few right away", 1 car per dealership right now according to my dealer.

.::sigh::.

Old 09-14-2008, 08:12 PM
spelng > me
5 Year Member
I remember when the 99 Si coupe civics first came out the dealer told me he didnt know when they were coming in which may have been true but of course after I bought a 4dr lx accord and came in the next week to pick it up there they were, but in 98 when the new body style accords came out I was the first to have one plus it was my first BRAND NEW car plus I was driving a hand me down wrangler at the time so I was just happy to have a new car plus the ladies liked it so I didnt care but I am still mad about that there is a number to the direct distributer I used to have some where I might still do if I find it I will post it but if you ordered it it should be on the production list. But I guess the problem is where

Old 09-14-2008, 10:26 PM
they are all lying, you should lie too. tell them you already have one reserved at xxxxx dealership and that you are going to pick it up on xxxxday for xxxx dollars under msrp.

Old 09-14-2008, 11:07 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by randay
they are all lying, you should lie too. tell them you already have one reserved at xxxxx dealership and that you are going to pick it up on xxxxday for xxxx dollars under msrp.
Did you try this on any Hawaii Dealer?

If so what was the reaction and result?

Seems like demand is high and supply is not. As usual.

Old 09-14-2008, 11:07 PM
Seems some dealers are more "ethical" than others. The one I dealed with is great. My Honda guy (The dealerships head technician) pointed me in the way of a salesman he reccomended. When I went in to order my 09, he showed me the list of fits that were already on order. I chould choose from any of those (there was probably 20) and the list was coming in from now until Feb. What some people dont understand is Honda classifys its dealerships. The dealership I am working with is classified as an "A" dealership. These dealerships get twice the amount of pre orders of any cars than "B" dealerships. "C" dealerships can not pre-order cars without a down payment from a customer. From what I have seen, the "C" dealerships are the ones that are "unethical" because the salesman are not of the class of the upper dealerships. Just my 2 cents.

Old 09-15-2008, 01:10 AM
Originally Posted by MINI-Fit
Did you try this on any Hawaii Dealer?

If so what was the reaction and result?

Seems like demand is high and supply is not. As usual.
no i didnt try it. but only because they didnt try to BS me like that. also might have been because i always went to the dealership to talk to them in person.

But I think its safe to say that the dealerships will do anything to get you in the door.

Old 09-15-2008, 06:12 PM
5 Year Member
Today the dealer I originally went to sent me a fax of the Honda webpage where they track their incoming cars. It shows my car in production and as "presold". Maybe that is why the other dealer didn't see it because he was looking for what was in transit. Has anyone else seen this tracking webpage? Between the two dealers, this guy here seemed more honest.

He said he would keep me updated on any changes in status. Seems a bit excessive to be so concerned about a car, but after reading other's accounts here, I am no more obsessive than anyone else.