2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Oregon Fit Owners

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 09:06 PM
Oregon Fit Owners

I've been offered MSRP for a Sport w/ MT (non Navi). Has anyone been able to do better than, or close to, that in Oregon (somewhere between Portland and Eugene)?

Thanks,

Old 09-23-2008, 10:01 PM
most of the places I've been have been over MSRP. Even in portland. Who's offering MSRP?

Old 09-23-2008, 11:15 PM
Try O'Brien in Salem

O'Brien in Salem is doing MSRP.

Old 09-23-2008, 11:19 PM
You will need to wait 4-5 months to buy a fit below MSRP.

Old 09-24-2008, 01:17 AM
Kendall Honda in Eugene offered me MSRP + DMV fees, but I made a deposit there several months ago. Last week, they had a couple Sports with AT on their lot (1 with NAVI) but both had a LOT of markups, and a whole bunch of junk added on.

The internet guy at Salem Honda offered the same. He said they won't even try to push accessories on you. I didn't even have to haggle with the guy. I can give you the salesperson's name if anyone's interested.

Old 09-24-2008, 01:46 AM
J_L
5 Year Member
Tonkin up in Gresham should also do MSRP. Below that is gona' be a stretch here in the land of super green.

Old 09-24-2008, 01:53 AM
Actually, I've already put a deposit on a Fit Sport MT non navi at Kendall, who offered me MSRP. The build date is Oct. 10 (and scheduled to arrive about a month after that).

I just don't want to wait that long!

I'll call up Gresham.

Old 09-24-2008, 10:48 AM
Originally Posted by J_L
Tonkin up in Gresham should also do MSRP. Below that is gona' be a stretch here in the land of super green.
got mines at gresham. they have a 2k mark up. good luck

Old 09-24-2008, 10:48 AM
they had a 08 base fit when i was there. askin for about 20k. so that explains a whole lot

Old 09-24-2008, 11:19 AM
I would say that...

right now if you ain't afraid to buy a car they WILL sell you one. Do not give them a thousand or two over invoice period. Be tactful but let them know they got to sell it that you do not have to buy it. Go to Kelley Blue book or Consumer Reports Car Pricing and order a car report and get the Ivoice price. Anything that is not standard on the model you are buying add the consumer reports amount for that item, then add $600 to $800 for their profit and add your amount of sales tax. Offer them that number out the door, and I mean out the door including floor mats. Tell em you ain't buying a car that does not come with floor mats. I don't care what they say they come with the car. Do not pay more than $100 for a documentation fee period, I do not care what they say. They will tell you that there is a 2K mark-up blah, blah blah and will sell it to you for that if you let them....that is thier job. Stand your ground be tactful and don't be afraid to walk away and you will get it for what you want to pay or within 200 bucks. Do not be in a hurry, be firm....did I say that, be firm...yeah I did say it. Good luck.

Old 09-24-2008, 04:24 PM
2009 Fit Sport at MSRP

We just purchased an '09 Fit Sport A/T from Gresham Tonkin (salesperson was John Deason, nice guy). Anyway, we were firm on ONLY paying MSRP, and we stuck to our guns and they sold it to us for MSRP. Be firm! Don't pay that ridiculous dealer profiteering markup fee (bogus regional fee). That's just pure profit for the dealer and they think they can get away with it because there's people out there who are paying it...

Old 09-24-2008, 05:31 PM
Originally Posted by pizzicato
Kendall Honda in Eugene offered me MSRP + DMV fees, but I made a deposit there several months ago. Last week, they had a couple Sports with AT on their lot (1 with NAVI) but both had a LOT of markups, and a whole bunch of junk added on.

The internet guy at Salem Honda offered the same. He said they won't even try to push accessories on you. I didn't even have to haggle with the guy. I can give you the salesperson's name if anyone's interested.
I put a deposit on an MT Sport at Kendall in May with the understanding that it would be at MSRP. At that time there was no market adjustment on anything they were selling. When my car arrived on 12 September, they cheerfully acknowledged the agreement and sold it to me at MSRP with no dealer installed addenda ($16968 OTD). However their floor model had $1000 add + some dealer installed accessories. I found the Kendall folks very courteous and easy to deal with.

Old 09-26-2008, 02:46 AM
It's really hard but it's possible to get MSRP.
I got 4 dealers in Vancouver and Oregon to give me MSRP for their 09.

What makes it tough though is the "dealer installed options" that some dealerships put on their car.
We don't really know how much those options cost so the dealer charge whatever they want.

Just be patient and persistent.

Still can't believe I spend MSRP for a Honda

Old 10-01-2008, 01:02 AM
5 Year Member
I emailed about 10 dealers in the Portland area, making it clear that we were emailing a number of dealers for quotes, and did not want accessories.

We got our '09 Fit Sport Auto (Orange) from O'Brien at Salem for MSRP, with the experience as suggested by another poster (though that dealer did try to push the extended warranty, by suggesting that Honda reliability sucks). The car was originally supposed to be delivered in Nov - but we got one on Sat after a previous buyer dropped out.

We were also offered MSRP at Griffith Honda in The Dalles - but that was 1 hour after putting down the (refundable) deposit at O'Brien.

I'm surprised to hear about Tonkin Gresham - when we test drove there, they wanted $3k over + $1k accessories which they "wouldn't budge" on. I emailed their Internet manager afterwards, and he offered $900 over MSRP.

Old 10-01-2008, 03:30 PM
hmmm... I do have one on order from Tonkin. They said $1000 over msrp, and I originally had the intent of getting it down once it arrives, but I think I'll call em today and try to get them to match O'Brien. I've emailed O'brien and they confirmed that they can do MSRP, so I might just end up waiting another month or two for my car