2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The official Honda Navi Hackers Challenge Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2011, 07:37 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by gahelton
Speaking of hacks - has anyone figured out how to get around the 999 song "arbitrary limit" that was placed on the radio's PC card interface ? I can put a 32GB CF card in the slot, and it works fine, but deletes all songs above 999.
I don't think you'll be able to get around that.

PS - Just noticed your location....I live in MO but we are taking a road trip out to Maggie Valley in May. If you see a silver Fit all loaded down with a cargo carrier and crap stacked up to the roof, give us a

Old 06-28-2011, 03:27 PM
Bump. Just curious if anyone ever made any progress on hacking the stock navi to allow for playing DVDs or at least getting rid of the need to press the OK button.

Old 06-28-2011, 10:24 PM
5 Year Member
re-sub'd!!!

Old 08-06-2011, 09:39 PM
fuse for navi/radio

I'm using the fit as a "dinghy" for my motorhome. I noticed when I put it in accessory mode (the ignition key that is) the navigation comes on. Where can I find the fuse that controls this, since it is depleting my battery (I'm suppose to have a charge wire from the motorhome but let's reduce the energy required by turning off unwanted items).I understand someone has put a switch to do exactly this (turnoff power to the radio/navi system.thank you, hope someone knows how...

Old 06-26-2013, 10:41 PM
5 Year Member
I'm not sure if anyone is still following this thread, but I finally made some progress today. Met up with a fellow online by the name of Agent Craig from Honda Navigation Hacking - Hive13 Wiki .... used what he discovered combined with a re-write of the Win CE ROM modification tools to reproduce what A.C. did. I haven't hacked out the OK button, but now that I've had some success elsewhere I'm determined to obliterate that miserable OK button once and for all!

P.S. - I'm on the 2009 version of the Navi DVD software ... 6.72c I think it is. If anyone is running a newer version and is interested in hacking their Navi, let me know and I can work w/ you to verify any hacks work w/ the newer software.

Last edited by JamesBond007; 06-26-2013 at 10:43 PM. Reason: added P.S.
Old 06-27-2013, 09:39 AM
5 Year Member
If I'm not mistaken this thread was first started to mainly "unlock" the features Honda supposedly hid, and hack the ok screen... probably a few other reasons as well. A similar unit was available in other Honda cars (ie. Civic, CR-V, etc) but in those cars they had features like Bluetooth, DVD player, rear view cam, etc.etc... The thought was that there was a way to unlock those features.

There is another thread buried somewhere on this forum (or it could be a post within a thread), where some one was able to hack the DVD to basically do what was linked in the Wiki link you posted. They showed how to change the splash screen... so far I don't think anyone's been able to disable the "OK". There was even an attempt over on the CR-Z forums Disabling the navi warning screen - Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums
As per the last update they haven't been able to hack it.

Another "hack" of sorts I've seen is some one buy a Nav unit (used and at a low price) off a different/upgraded Honda, and install it in their car. CR-V Navigation + JDM Reverse Camera Accessory on a USDM CR-Z - Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums

Originally Posted by JamesBond007
..... but now that I've had some success elsewhere I'm determined to obliterate that miserable OK button once and for all!

P.S. - I'm on the 2009 version of the Navi DVD software ... 6.72c ......
What "hacks" have you done, and what are you planning on?
I got the same Navi/version as you...

I figured with the money I save from NOT buying the crappy annual updated DVD, I'll eventually just buy a top aftermarket.

Old 06-27-2013, 10:25 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FitStir
If I'm not mistaken this thread was first started to mainly "unlock" the features Honda supposedly hid, and hack the ok screen... probably a few other reasons as well. A similar unit was available in other Honda cars (ie. Civic, CR-V, etc) but in those cars they had features like Bluetooth, DVD player, rear view cam, etc.etc... The thought was that there was a way to unlock those features.
What "hacks" have you done, and what are you planning on?
So far I've only successfully replicated Agent Craig's work, which specifically was enabling the use of backed-up DVD's so that one need not keep the original disc in the system. While this may not seem like much, one of the hurdles in modifying the Navi software is the manner in which the files are stored. The software is stored in a Win CE Microsoft-proprietary bin format as described here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms924510.aspx

The available tools to modify Win CE bin files (Bysin, CERom, Cebin, Dumpnavi) all have bugs and/or limitations inhibiting one's ability to modify these .bin files. For example, Bysin and Cerom (a Linux port of Bysin), both corrupt the files they extract, something I noticed by observing that they produce inconsistent results (ie extract the same file(s) multiple times, and compare those extracted files - they're different!) I was able to overcome this issue by creating my own WinCE ROM analysis tool, which is still in its infancy, but was enough for me to be able to replicate what Agent Craig did.

It looks like the CR-Z uses the exact same software the Fit's navi system uses, so that means if we all team up and put our heads together, success for one car will be success for all Honda cars (at least those uses the turquoise DVD). It's likely that such success could be replicated on other software versions, as I'd guess that they're fairly similar.

My current goal is to get the OK button disabled, as this is my chief complaint with the Navi system (right up there with the $100-$150 price for a map update).

As far as adding the trip computer, this may be simple to do - if I can find the original and modified files from the work already done on other cars, this would be a good starting point for enabling it on our systems. Unfortunately, it seems that a lot of the links for these hacks no longer work.

Old 06-27-2013, 11:13 AM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up

^^^Cool plans...

You should chime in over on the CR-Z forums... see ya there.

Old 06-27-2013, 11:24 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FitStir
^^^Cool plans...

You should chime in over on the CR-Z forums... see ya there.
Yep, already did - thanks for the advice

Honda was nice enough to use the same Navi system for many of its cars, so we can all team up on this and crush it together. Once we get it working for one car that uses the turquoise DVD, we should have it working for every car that use it... and I imagine the other color discs have very similar code, so hacking it for those versions of the software, if so desired, would probably be trivial at that point.

Old 03-16-2014, 03:07 PM
Are there any hacks for the newer 12-13 Fit/Civic w/ 16gb flash memory decks? Would be nice to broaden this thread to include the newer Navi decks.

Old 11-29-2014, 03:54 AM
Anyone? come up with any ideas?